Striving for more

Mercury Amalgam Filling and replacement - Advice ??

73 posts in this topic

On 11/27/2020 at 6:16 AM, neutralempty said:

A proper detox needs a lot of time.

How long do people usually do the rounds for?  Like doing rounds for 3 times?  Or doing them for like months to years? 

"Just a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down"   --   Marry Poppins

3 hours ago, Matt23 said:

How long do people usually do the rounds for?  Like doing rounds for 3 times?  Or doing them for like months to years? 

For serious detox you'd have to do 20 to 50 rounds. Depends on how toxic you are.

I've done around 20 rounds and still feel I need to do that much more. And I never had metal filings. If you had metal filings removed you'll need to do a lot of rounds, which will takes a couple of years at least.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

I don't think I have metal fillings (I dunno though), but I definitely have a screw in my front tooth that got chipped in middle-school.  I'm wondering if that could count as something that would need to get removed if I do the detox.

1 hour ago, Matt23 said:

I don't think I have metal fillings (I dunno though), but I definitely have a screw in my front tooth that got chipped in middle-school.  I'm wondering if that could count as something that would need to get removed if I do the detox.

Same here.. I have zirconia crown and probably before some unhealthy alternatives. I’ll do my research on it

@Heaven I just checked out the ANdy Cutler facebook page and read some comments.  It seems like they think it's ok to have plates and screws, whether in your body or mouth, and chelate if they are made of titanium (which I think they usually are).  

One of the admins also says that an exception would be if the plates/screws contain 8% or more nickel in them and that you are allergic to nickel.  I dunno if she means you have to have both for there to be an issue, or if you can have one and not the other and there still is an issue.

4 hours ago, Matt23 said:

Screws are generally okay. A screw is usually titanium.

It's really fillings that are the problem. Although ideally you would replace your metal crowns with all-ceramic ones. But this is not high priority.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Matt23 White food coloring is a far more likely cause of titanium overload -- that is, if such a state is actually even a relevant phenomena. Titanium dioxide is a huge source of dietary titanium and it's in tons of stuff. Like 30 percent of all white medication tablets, Rx and OTC, have it in large amounts. There's no conclusive evidence that it's harmful but I have my doubts. There is certainly evidence that it can cause oxidative stress.

@The0Self Could be.  I'm doubting though that any stress or issues you mention cause significant issues when chelating.  Like, it seems from what I've heard (a little amount, I'm definitely no expert) that having titanium can cause issues, but that they are mild to such a degree that it's safe to chelate with them.  On the other hand, I've heard mercury and amalgams can cause significant issues and really mess with your system.  So ya, I don't doubt titanium can cause issues, but I dunno, from the little I've seen, it seems like the concensus is negligible.  But, I dunno, maybe some people are different as well or I'm getting poor source materials and not enough research.  

On 05/03/2021 at 8:50 AM, Leo Gura said:

For serious detox you'd have to do 20 to 50 rounds. Depends on how toxic you are.

I've done around 20 rounds and still feel I need to do that much more. And I never had metal filings. If you had metal filings removed you'll need to do a lot of rounds, which will takes a couple of years at least.

@Leo Gura Even with 1 small filling? 

I have 1 mercury amalgam filling to be removed but it's small at the back.

Maybe if I did it hardcore I could get significant results in a year?

A couple of years at least sounds daunting, I don't want to live my peak years in despair. But it's all gods plan I guess.

I had metal fixed braces as a kid for 1 and a half years..  would that have affected me? 

3 hours ago, Striving for more said:

@Leo Gura Even with 1 small filling? 

I have 1 mercury amalgam filling to be removed but it's small at the back.

Maybe if I did it hardcore I could get significant results in a year?

A couple of years at least sounds daunting, I don't want to live my peak years in despair. But it's all gods plan I guess.

You can get it done a lot faster if you do long rounds. Let me explain...

The minimum round-length is 72 hours in order to be reasonably certain that the healing/damage ratio is a positive number. The longer the round, the higher that number. Falling systemic levels of the double-thiol chelator are what cause redistribution, which is why you have to take the chelator so frequently, and why longer rounds are far more efficient -- your levels don't fall until the very end of each round, when you stop taking it, therefore you should minimize the amount of times you have to do this, via going as long as you can handle. The only reason not to do them for long stretches is an inability to handle it.

A 3-4 day round and a 3-4 day break every week will clean out sufficient mercury/lead within 2-5 years (closer to 1-2 years if you did 1-2 weeks on / 1-2 weeks off) -- the same thing can be achieved with one 6-month round, though you shouldn't actually do it that long. I basically intended to do one 6-month round but there were a few 5-7 day breaks (each initiated upon accidentally missing a dose) so it ended up being essentially three 2-month rounds, in the end -- that's all it took. I recommend planning on a 6 month round and just taking a 7-14 day break each and every time you inevitably accidentally miss a dose.

And btw, each 50% increase in dose results in an 18% faster rate of mercury excretion... Since taking larger doses results in comparatively less redistribution, taking larger doses (ramp up as you can handle) will not only speed the process up a bit, it may also have a bit of a buffer effect, protecting you from times when you miss a dose by 30-60min, which should rarely happen, nonetheless. For the majority of my largely-uninterrupted 6-month cycle, I was taking 600mg ALA and 100mg DMSA every 3 hours.

Edited by The0Self

19 hours ago, The0Self said:

You can get it done a lot faster if you do long rounds. Let me explain...

The minimum round-length is 72 hours in order to be reasonably certain that the healing/damage ratio is a positive number. The longer the round, the higher that number. Falling systemic levels of the double-thiol chelator are what cause redistribution, which is why you have to take the chelator so frequently, and why longer rounds are far more efficient -- your levels don't fall until the very end of each round, when you stop taking it, therefore you should minimize the amount of times you have to do this, via going as long as you can handle. The only reason not to do them for long stretches is an inability to handle it.

A 3-4 day round and a 3-4 day break every week will clean out sufficient mercury/lead within 2-5 years (closer to 1-2 years if you did 1-2 weeks on / 1-2 weeks off) -- the same thing can be achieved with one 6-month round, though you shouldn't actually do it that long. I basically intended to do one 6-month round but there were a few 5-7 day breaks (each initiated upon accidentally missing a dose) so it ended up being essentially three 2-month rounds, in the end -- that's all it took. I recommend planning on a 6 month round and just taking a 7-14 day break each and every time you inevitably accidentally miss a dose.

And btw, each 50% increase in dose results in an 18% faster rate of mercury excretion... Since taking larger doses results in comparatively less redistribution, taking larger doses (ramp up as you can handle) will not only speed the process up a bit, it may also have a bit of a buffer effect, protecting you from times when you miss a dose by 30-60min, which should rarely happen, nonetheless. For the majority of my largely-uninterrupted 6-month cycle, I was taking 600mg ALA and 100mg DMSA every 3 hours.

@The0Self Sorry my bad I haven't finished the book yet, but what do you mean by a "long round" ?

I thought you just take it every couple hours, the length of the round doesn't change?

Do you mean the less brakes you have the faster the recovery. 

I'd personally rather bear as much intense pain as possible so long as that means it goes away the fastest. So If I can fix it in 6 months I'll do that even if that means complete torture. 

4 hours ago, Striving for more said:

@The0Self Sorry my bad I haven't finished the book yet, but what do you mean by a "long round" ?

I thought you just take it every couple hours, the length of the round doesn't change?

Do you mean the less brakes you have the faster the recovery. 

I'd personally rather bear as much intense pain as possible so long as that means it goes away the fastest. So If I can fix it in 6 months I'll do that even if that means complete torture. 

E.g. If you take 100mg ALA every 3 hours for 72 hours running, that would be a 3-day (72 hour) round (or cycle), which is the absolute minimum length the round must be, since you damage yourself every time you come off, but damage while on-cycle (on-round) is minimal -- it's almost all heavy metal excretion (no redistribution) while on-round. The break even healing/damage point occurs after 60-72 hours (of consistently taking the chelator every 3 hours), so it would be to your benefit to do rounds much longer than this. The fastest route would be a 6 month round, but I don't think that's ever been done and it's not advised. I essentially did three 2-month rounds with a 1-week break between each.

Doing it for long stretches at a time significantly decreases the total amount of time you'll have to spend on-round before you clear out all the heavy metals you need to. However, copper toxicity can be a problem with ALA, so you'll need to take both zinc and molybdenum 4x/day -- twice a day is insufficient. Even taking 7.5mg zinc and 250mcg molybdenum (the appropriate amounts) 4x a day each will not stave off copper toxicity forever. And oxidative stress can be an issue with DMSA so you have to take antioxidants.

Does that clarify?