xxxx

Can your MBTI change, really?

66 posts in this topic

I am a synthesis of ESTJ - ESFJ & ENFP My weakness is lack of ENTJ which I am in the process of developing. 

You can be whatever you type you decide to be. No limits. 

3 hours ago, Striving for more said:

I am a synthesis of ESTJ - ESFJ & ENFP My weakness is lack of ENTJ which I am in the process of developing. 

You can be whatever you type you decide to be. No limits. 

Synthesis of TeSi FeSi NeFi and a lack of TeNi... OK?

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

37 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

Synthesis of TeSi FeSi NeFi and a lack of TeNi... OK?

Different ways to use MBTI. You can treat it all like a fluid bunch archetypes, impressions and intelligences, which you attract and visualise. I like it like this. 

And then when you have those other conversations you tell someone MBTI doesn't change and whack them on the head.

Edited by lmfao

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

Sure it can. These questions try to assess your personality structure and although many of our traits are just innate personality traits, there are many traits that might not have been fully developed yet or are hidden/hindered by layers of conditioning. For example social conditioning and shame inducing experiences will naturally lead to inauthentic social shyness. It is survival mechanism. A mask. If you remove the mask, you will answer the questions differently. And you will be placed differently inside the model.

On 4/6/2021 at 7:29 AM, integral said:

The difference between Ni and Se is really just the questions your ask yourself. Ask a Ni question to do Ni, ask a Se question to do Se. When some questions are favored over others and these questions are operating subconsciously we call them cognitive functions. If we think of it this way its a lot easier to see how a transcendence would work. Its just the subconscious favoring of the opposite questions. Eventually they will be connect to each other in sequence. Se question then Ni question in sequence. Maybe this is transcendence? Looks like just a instrument that needs to be practiced. First step differentiation after childhoods subconscious question lottery. 

This explanation really clicked for me, thank you. It all boils down to a set of core questions our mind plays out 100s of times a day.

@wwhy Glad it helped :) 

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?