blankisomeone

“Weird” things I used to think as a CHILD

7 posts in this topic

- I used to always be suspiscious that maybe my parents are a WIZARD and a WITCH and they’re tricking me into believing they’re my parents!

- I remember I was like 8 years old and I’d hold a pencil and ask myself “what is it like to be this pencil? This pencil exists, it got created, here it is, so it must feel like something to be this pencil.” It’s so funny how I remember exactly the enviorenment when I was having such thoughts.

- I’d also look at my friends and wonder “what do they do at home? I can never know... Unless I’m them... I wonder what it’d be like to actually live through them, ACTUALLY BE them. Not speculate, but actually be them... Only then would I know...”

- I can also swear on my mom’s dead body that I saw santa claus flying over my house. Even though I now rationalize to the death that I have not. It must have surely been a dream that I had as child and now my brain remembers it as though it actually happened, which is a crazy thing to have happened in an objective world, where everyone agrees that santa claus is imagination, different from the objective world. OBVIOUSLY!!!! (Or maybe I believe it so strong as a child that I ACTUALLY saw it?) LOL BUT EVEN THAT WOULD HAVE BEEN JUST IMAGINATION, BECAUSE THE OBJECTIVE WORLD DOESN’T ALLOW IT, obviously.

- When I was a child my default assumption was that the Earth was actually a ball and we were INSIDE the ball rather than walking ON IT. I remember very specifically being in Geography class and having a little bit of a hard time wrapping my head around the fact that we walk ON the earth, and there IS NOT a moment where if we keep walking we’ll end up stepping outside of “the ball we’re in” and fall onto outer space. Like there isn’t a DEAD END. Now it’s OBVIOUS for me how it works. OBVIOUSLY IT’S A GLOBE and we can keep walking around it forever. But it was a bit of a struggle to have the paradigm shift for the first time.

- Another thing happened when I was introduced to the concepts of atoms for the first time. I was a bit older now, in my teenage years. I remember my first Chemistry teacher telling the class about the existence of ATOMS. I swear I was the only in class that didn’t buy that shit. I felt like even my teacher had no fucking clue what the hell she was going on about. During lunch break I asked my friends if they were understanding the lesson, I asked them, guys wtf is even an atom? I don’t get it. And of course they convinced me of what it is, by drilling into my head the same story the teacher had told us in class. For many years since that day I conceptualized atoms as little balls floating around, even though I never saw one. I did see Santa as a child though, but never an atom.?? 

- I also remember very specifically a moment when I tried so hard to ask a question to my geography teacher as a child. I tried so hard to ask her WHY DOES THE WATER AT THE BEACH ONLY GOES UP TO A CERTAIN POINT LIKE IT’S MARKED ON THE TEXTBOOK? LIKE HOW DOES THE WAVE KNOWS THAT IT MUST STOP AT THIS SPECIFIC POINT AND DOESN’T JUST ENGULF ALL LAND? My teacher would just tell me that’s how it is. But obviously it isn’t how it is. Water does engulf the land sometimes with huge waves and destroy cities, the water doesn’t respect the limits of the textbook. And there isn’t a line that clearly separates ocean and land anyways. There’s water under the land, land under the water and everything in between!

Edited by blankisomeone

Very juicy! 

And by the way, the second thing you mention I also experienced it too, but in my case it wasn´t only as a child it has been also through my adulthood.

If you keep inquiring into that one a deep realization migh arise that could leave you shocked :D.

Anyway, thanks for sharing!

Edited by Javfly33

Very interesting stuff. It's amazing what comes to the innocent mind of a child.

When I was something like 8 years old. I always suspected that everyone is just acting and they are tricking me to believe that this is real life. I also felt that I was always being watched. Having awakened a few times, now I know exactly why I felt that.

This sounds like the movie "The Truman Show." But at that time I hadn't watched the movie, because English is my 3rd language which I learned when I was in high school.

Edited by cuteguy

Haha. Interesting. 

This reminded me of my problem with the earth being round. I would rather believe that the earth is flat because that way I don't need to worry too much while I go on evening walks. Since my imagination is too wild, I don't want to imagine myself falling off(if you got what I meant.) 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

Honestly for me. I am not that old yet. 16 right now. So I think I can remember what I was like when I was 7 - 11 and damn. It's the same state as the state of just being. Like I didn't even think that much. I probably didn't think at all. Just a bit I guess. I remember just being aware of my body movements and making decisions. I never felt like there was a me. And I know this cuz when I recently accessed this state again some months back, i realized this exactly how i felt when i was around 7 - 11 (Probably before as well but i dont remember before then). I was just taking in the direct experience. That's it. 

I didn't try to get ahead of someone, or hold back, get anxiety of meeting people, feel awkward. I just had fun. As my parents were in jail, I didn't feel anything at all, just normal, knowing that they were in jail, while I lived at the uncles. And when my father finally came back 3 years later. I actually didn't feel like very good like cry. I was just like, "Oh I have seen this in movies, I should be emotional and maybe cry". Ofcourse i didnt think thta in words, i never thought in words, it was always these 1 second feelings. I never even thought of people as 'people'. Eveything was equal and I never looked at the world in concepts like objects and linguistics.

I enquired everything and wasn't easily disgusted. Just amazing man. This is what I think enlightenment to be lol. But Ig that's furthest i have ever reached so that's why that's the furthest I can imagine rn. 

My ego only really started to develop around 12 years old. It just slowly developed by me slowly identifying with me behaviour because I started to notice how much of emphasis people start to put on the "YOU" and "me" and "I". So the ego really developed when I slowly identified with my behaviours. I slowly started to think in linguistics. And became like any old teenager. I never actually thought anything wondorous, I was open minded af, ngl, but I never really thought out of the box. (Mostly because i didn't try to). I just worked with what i was given and adjusted accordingly (not because i was scared of speaking out. I didn't feel any need to, I was ok with what i was given). I did ask for shit when I needed but it usually took some courage. 

Recently my ego got the strongest, btu 2 years ago I found spirituality just at the right time to start reversing. I hope I get back there soon and go even beyond that. 

I used to wonder if there was really anything happening beyond my experience of it.  Like, if I can't see (experience) what's in the next room, is there really anything happening in the next room, or does it only manifest when I go looking for what's there? 

Hmmmm... 

"I could be the walrus. I'd still have to bum rides off people."