Guest EmptyVase

Discovering Awesomeness

186 posts in this topic

This is slowly turning into a Nahm/EmptyVase chatroom. Lol.

Subtle Breath

When I rest deeply and let go of everything, be it after Kriya Yoga or while just simply meditating, my breath becomes increasingly subtle. Instead of large, full breaths and supplying the body with oxygen, it becomes the opposite. The breath becomes quiet and very flat in the sense of oxygen intake. Most of the time an in- or out-breath is long stretched, but sometimes it occurs that there is not a big time span between an in- or out-breath. Either way, it feels as if though with increasing subtlety, in- and out-breath cancel each other out, so that eventually, there is no breath. I haven't quite reached this point, but I'm quite often at the point where it seems like, if I'd go further, that that would be the result. I don't do that breath-subtlety intentionally, it simply is a result of deeply relaxing into my own being.

Now, there comes a point, where my body sort of snaps back because survival instincts kick in to catch some oxygen. This automatically snaps me out of that deeply relaxing passing away. In consequence, the body regulates its breath in order to survive (?). When these instincts kick in, it feels a bit like if I was drowning before. Interestingly, it only feels like that, when I snap back. Otherwise I'm very relaxed throughout. Unwillingly, I always hit the same point. Even though I don't do anything, there seems to be a competition between letting go (no breath) vs. survival (breath).

@Nahm Do you know what's going on there and how to further proceed with this? Simply just keep going?

@Nahm 

Thank you. Is it simply a question of surrender?

2 hours ago, Nahm said:

What does one say to the man who can find competition even in his own breath. 

Welp, what can I say, it's not me who's competing. The competition simply arises. Guess I got my advice right there. :)

Body, Mind and Spirit

It's all interconnected, it all influences each other. 

Taking care of your body is taking care of mind and spirit.

Taking care of mind is taking care of body and spirit.

Taking care of spirit is taking care of body and mind.

Nothing is seperate.

Taking care of all of these is taking care of the world.

Here's a wonderful video which shows how trapped energy and emotions are stored within the body, mostly in the form of tension (but often disease and bad posture too):

The body is a vehicle to ride this dream. The best part is that it is up to you whether you want to drive a ferrari or a tractor. It all boils down to how you want to feel. 

Not-knowing & Authenticity

You don't know what will be coming out of your mouth next. Or what your next action will be. You are not afraid of what the outcome will be. There is no planning behind it, and by allowing not-knowing, you fully surrender to it. You fully allow yourself to be authentic.

Edited by EmptyVase

Thought & Belief

I always used to believe that thoughts are everything what belief is about.

A sudden insight occurred, in which I questioned the assumption that all beliefs boil down to thoughts.

The insight was that belief is a way of being. It goes much deeper than we'd expect. Belief quite literally creates how we perceive reality. There also come a lot of expectations with beliefs about reality. These expectations seem to play a huge role in how reality actually manifests.

Being is prior to belief.

I'd love to hear your thoughts on that @Nahm:ph34r:

Edited by EmptyVase

6 hours ago, Nahm said:

A belief is a repeated thought and very shaping of experience. 

Yeah, I see how these interconnect. Thank you. :)

Structures of and in current society don't allow the exploration of reality.

For the most part, this is the case because we ourselves take on the thought-structures of society, without independently thinking for ourselves.

By understanding this, we ourselves can get active if we want to explore reality. Society may place hindrances on us, but the single biggest hindrance is ourselves.

Edited by EmptyVase

The in- and out breath is that, which glues us to this body.

It is the barrier between our ideas of life and death. It is the fundamental force of physical existence.

It is a miracle in front of our eyes. It is a miracle that we can breath.

Focusing on breath is one thing.

Actually realizing it keeps 'you' alive takes the attention on the breath to a whole 'nother level.

Enjoying the Illusion

After coming back from massive states of consciousness, a deep thankfulness for being alive arises. Simple things, you took for granted before, suddenly become the most amazing experience. A certain humbleness towards life arises and complaints about it lessen. It is all part of a holy experience. Though deep down you know that this life is nothing but an illusion, you fall in love with playing the character and taking the ride.

I find that a balance of going beyond the illusion, but also partaking with joy in the illusion is of major importance to live a quality life.

I can imagine leaving the illusion for good.. one day, when I'm old. But for now, I'm in for the ride, and I'll allow myself to explore, discover, and enjoy all facets of the illusion.. and to play this character. Life is beautiful.

Edited by EmptyVase

Thoughts vs. Truth

What is true? It is said that thoughts aren't. If Truth = Existence = Everything, then thoughts are also part of Truth.

Why is it then, that thoughts are not true? Simply because they veil direct experience. Consider having a very noisy head, monkey mind going full berserk. Everything is feels fuzzy and distorted. And then all of a sudden, snap, silence. No internal monologue, just this. "Just this" has not changed at all, but now you can embrace existence with no thought interruption. This lays a much more fertile ground for Being. Simply "falling back" into what is.

With all that being said, thoughts are also Truth. But for the finite mind, thoughts veil direct experience, thus veil truth, thus are not true - because they create an illusory disconnection from the present moment.

Anything to add/correct @Nahm ?

8 minutes ago, Nahm said:

What’s one more thought? xD

Makes you go round and round in circles. Infinite confusion. xD

Edited by EmptyVase

This is not a dolphin

363b1c687e20825682b9d19c6301e869.png

The front camera of your phone does not show a picture of your face.

When you stand in front of a tree, you are not looking at a tree.

Reality is not what it seems to be. Reality escapes all categorization. Every definition is way too simplistic and reduced, as reality is infinitely intricate and interconnected.

On 2/23/2021 at 1:25 AM, EmptyVase said:

When I rest deeply and let go of everything, be it after Kriya Yoga or while just simply meditating, my breath becomes increasingly subtle. Instead of large, full breaths and supplying the body with oxygen, it becomes the opposite. The breath becomes quiet and very flat in the sense of oxygen intake. Most of the time an in- or out-breath is long stretched, but sometimes it occurs that there is not a big time span between an in- or out-breath. Either way, it feels as if though with increasing subtlety, in- and out-breath cancel each other out, so that eventually, there is no breath. I haven't quite reached this point, but I'm quite often at the point where it seems like, if I'd go further, that that would be the result. I don't do that breath-subtlety intentionally, it simply is a result of deeply relaxing into my own being.

Now, there comes a point, where my body sort of snaps back because survival instincts kick in to catch some oxygen. This automatically snaps me out of that deeply relaxing passing away. In consequence, the body regulates its breath in order to survive (?). When these instincts kick in, it feels a bit like if I was drowning before. Interestingly, it only feels like that, when I snap back. Otherwise I'm very relaxed throughout. Unwillingly, I always hit the same point. Even though I don't do anything, there seems to be a competition between letting go (no breath) vs. survival (breath).

8 hours ago, Raptorsin7 said:

Nice! That's insightful, thank you. :)