Eren Eeager

Leo, how do you assess the depth of different teachers?

6 posts in this topic

Do not all teachers say outrageous things, and all explain the same thing, . How do you know then that Sadhguru for example is more conscious than Rupert Spira despite them explaining the same thing?

I am the only thing stopping myself from receiving infinite Love form Myself. I am Infinite Love for god sake.

They don't all explain the same thing.

It's hard to know. Takes a higher intuition. I can't really explain it.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Bruce Lee said something along the lines of fear a man that practices one punch 1000 times rather than a man that knows 1000 different punches.

Develop a relationship with life itself and allow it to be your teacher. What you are searching for can't be found in a lecture or words.

On 11/19/2020 at 3:38 AM, Leo Gura said:

They don't all explain the same thing.

It's hard to know. Takes a higher intuition. I can't really explain it.

Feels similar to synesthesia? Like the "glow's flavor" changes depending on how high & different their consciousness is? 

That's how I perceive the differences between teachers/teachings.

I think it's kundalini related.

Edited by Michal__

https://www.amazon.com/1000-Consciousness-Awakening-Spiritual-Teachers-ebook/dp/B00JK2Y7HG/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=1000+by+Ramaji&qid=1607005032&s=books&sr=1-1

Hate incoming in 3, 2, 1............................

I'm only joking, well I'm not actually it probably is in my top 10 Non-Duality books (3/10 are taken up by Ramaji / Ananda, how bias of me:D) but it is just a model, although a useful one for understanding why what Tony Parsons (example) says is slightly different to what Rupert Spira says. 

But, what Leo said, you gain intuition for it. Like I recently stumbled upon Miranda Macpherson, and just instantly resonated with her feminine approach to non-dual realization & integration. For whatever reason I'm biased towards female / feminine teachers, I think that suggests I need(ed) extra help with those parts of the teaching- Vulnerability, expressing emotions, Love etc. 

Also, it doesn't really matter what anyone else says, when you find a teacher you resonate with, stick with them & ideally work with them until you no longer need to. Some people only have 1 teacher, some have several and very rare (so unlikely anybody here) have spontaneous full awakenings, but even then, they often require guidance on the integration. 

Here's a dirty secret from the Non-Dual world, Integration takes time (oh no, I used the word time in Advaita!!!!) and is an ever ongoing process. Seeking ends, the flowering never does. 

TLDR- Find a teacher you resonate with & work as closely as you can with them. Ideally 1-1 or via retreats. Often books & videos are far from enough. 

'One is always in the absolute state, knowingly or unknowingly for that is all there is.' Francis Lucille. 

'Peace and Happiness are inherent in Consciousness.' Rupert Spira 

“Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” Ramana Maharshi