Average Investor

Super CLEAN Spaghetti

9 posts in this topic

This is something I recently discovered after I brought home some spaghetti squash. 

No Sugar

No preservatives

No additives 

Optional 100% Whole Food

All Organic 

Sauce:

Mushrooms 

Red Pepper 

Green Pepper 

Onion

X2 Tomato Paste (No added ANYTHING)

Big thick slices of zucchini ! Toss these in with the squash, then cut and heat with sauce. 

Use these spices below. Try like 1/2 table spoon of each, then adjust to taste.

IMG_8530.JPEG

IMG_8528.JPEG

IMG_8532.JPEG

Base: 

Spaghetti Squash 

Set oven to 400 degrees. Cut this in half and remove the seeds/guts. 

Let them go for about an hour depending on size. I would start prepping sauce at about 45 mins. 

Optional Noodles: 

Ingredients: White rice flour, quinoa flour, and lentil flour. 

You don't really need these. More of a treat item. Much superior option to regular noodles. I am going to experiment with regular lentils and quinoa with this soon. This will make it protein rich and really healthy. 

IMG_8529.JPEG

Final Product:

IMG_8533.JPEG

@fridjonk

@flume

@Sahil Pandit

Thought you guys might enjoy this. 

These spirals are optional too. The fresh stuff is better though. 

IMG_8531.JPEG

Edited by Average Investor

@Mada_ Thanks! You don't need all of the spices either if you don't have them. Oregano and onion powder can both make a really nice taste to the sauce. Some pink Himalayan salt too. 

I will probably do a few write ups on some dishes I make. It took me quite awhile to figure out how to make great tasting stuff that doesn't really rely on most of the typical stuff people add. 

Oh man I'm so jealous of all the organic produce you guys have over there. The selection is nice in here as well but hard to find organic frozen stuff. 

Looks really nice!

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

@Average Investor Thank you, my friend! Looks delicious. 

17 minutes ago, Michael569 said:

Oh man I'm so jealous of all the organic produce you guys have over there. The selection is nice in here as well but hard to find organic frozen stuff. 

I face the same problem, unfortunately. :/

@Michael569 I have to travel an hour out of town to get the noddles, or the frozen organic stuff. I can get some of it locally, but it is outrageously expensive because I live in a rual area. However, I am very fortunate to have the options that I do. 

Costco here is absolutely amazing. The selection is not super massive in organic, but if I go to the right one I can get amazing deals on organic produce. I actually found the large organic squash there originally for cheap and that is how this dish started for me lol. 

@fridjonk Absolutely! It might be a good alternative to try to find a farmers market. I can never really decide if I should do a farmers market or get organic from the store. The farmers market is super cheap. It seems like the stuff is not just complete bs either. It seems to have a similar shelf life to organic too. In the winter now it isn't an option though for the farmers market. 

Awesome idea! Looks delicious, thanks for the tag^_^

Oh man, I'm currently in quarantine, which means I have loads of time on my hands and many amazing ideas for new recipes. Get ready, I'm feeling inspired to share some stuff. Shall we make a thread together? Or can we merge threads @Michael569? What do you guys think? Would be cool to have them all in one place.

On 11/15/2020 at 7:13 PM, fridjonk said:

I face the same problem, unfortunately. :/

I thought you guys just eat your sheep?

I recommend using raw zucchini (make stripes with peeler or spiralize it) or spaghetti squash instead of pasta. It's fresh and easy to digest.

@flume Yeah, we could make a healthy recipe mega thread! If you want you can just start it, then we could link threads into it? Not sure what the rules are with it though. That or just placing the recipes there, but I feel like comments and stuff would make it a bit harder to shift through them opposed to posting one and sharing it there. 

@Username Yeah, I used some in this, but I baked it. The spirals were a test, but fresh had a much better taste. I would like to ditch the noodles soon. I notice I don't feel as good eating them, so I will remove them for me. I make this for my little sister too and she really likes them. I tested the sauce with regular quinoa and it was okay, but I think lentils would taste better. To be fair the squash provides quite a bit of noddle too lol. 

Edited by Average Investor