Tim R

US: why so narcissistic patriotic?

89 posts in this topic

Why do so many Americans think that they inhabit the greatest country in the world?

Now, of course I know this doesn't apply to all Americans, many are (at least somewhat) aware of the problems and dark sides of their country, but for crying out loud, why on earth are there so many excessively patriotic people??

If the US was a person, this person would probably be diagnosed with megalomania, delusion and severe narcissism. 

Is it because they secretly know how messed up their society actually is and therefore have to exaggerate? Is it insecurity that they might in fact not be the greatest country on earth? 

Just look at this; 

Yes, I know, it's Tucker and Fox News, nevertheless a shitload of people deeply resonate with this message. Why? 

Could you imagine how the world would react if all of the sudden some other country like Germany would proclaim to be the best country in the world?

The  America has a general narcissistic culture. 

In such a country, Mr Tucker Carlson can easily run for President in 2024 and easily win the primary. (a real possibility). 

The illusion of America as this freedom, bravery, Equality loving country is quickly falling apart in the light of recent events. 

America is an example of stage Orange taken so far that it has regressed to Red and beginning to show unhealthy aspects of Orange completely rejecting and repressing Green in its shadow and demonizing any value that threatens its ego. 

Like David Pakman says its not a patriot, more like a Hatriot

Patriotism is just a lid that is used to cover inner narcissistic hate and aversion. 

If you study narcissism in depth you'll realize that narcissists develop a deep identity related psychosis. If something is not how they want, they'll go to extreme lengths to demonize it. It takes a form of a mania. For example if a narcissist prefers eating apples but not grapes. He will almost go on a mission to destroy the production of grape products. It has to be their way or no way even if their way is nefariously Illogical. 

America is suffering from identity psychosis where anything that does not fit a standard paradigm is to be quickly thrown out. It's basically a paradigm lock. 

With 71 million people having voted for Trump, America is in the midst of an identity crisis. 

Fake patriotism gives a sense of purpose where there is none, a sense of identity and attachment, no matter how unhealthy. 

Where narcissism abounds, you begin to see cult like features appear, there is no sense of boundary and the line between truth and delusion begins to blur. 

Self righteousness kicks in and becomes another blinder. Self righteousness when taken too far becomes a breeding ground for abuse and evil. 

Projection gives temporary protection from self reflection and victim mindset protects the narcissistic ego. 

A cult like mentality favors patriotism as it's core value. This patriotism is dangerous and ignorant. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

49 minutes ago, Preety_India said:

The  America has a general narcissistic culture. 

In such a country, Mr Tucker Carlson can easily run for President in 2024 and easily win the primary. (a real possibility). 

The illusion of America as this freedom, bravery, Equality loving country is quickly falling apart in the light of recent events. 

America is an example of stage Orange taken so far that it has regressed to Red and beginning to show unhealthy aspects of Orange completely rejecting and repressing Green in its shadow and demonizing any value that threatens its ego. 

Like David Pakman says its not a patriot, more like a Hatriot

Patriotism is just a lid that is used to cover inner narcissistic hate and aversion. 

If you study narcissism in depth you'll realize that narcissists develop a deep identity related psychosis. If something is not how they want, they'll go to extreme lengths to demonize it. It takes a form of a mania. For example if a narcissist prefers eating apples but not grapes. He will almost go on a mission to destroy the production of grape products. It has to be their way or no way even if their way is nefariously Illogical. 

America is suffering from identity psychosis where anything that does not fit a standard paradigm is to be quickly thrown out. It's basically a paradigm lock. 

With 71 million people having voted for Trump, America is in the midst of an identity crisis. 

Fake patriotism gives a sense of purpose where there is none, a sense of identity and attachment, no matter how unhealthy. 

Where narcissism abounds, you begin to see cult like features appear, there is no sense of boundary and the line between truth and delusion begins to blur. 

Self righteousness kicks in and becomes another blinder. Self righteousness when taken too far becomes a breeding ground for abuse and evil. 

Projection gives temporary protection from self reflection and victim mindset protects the narcissistic ego. 

A cult like mentality favors patriotism as it's core value. This patriotism is dangerous and ignorant. 

I'll second all of this; very well put.

I'll also add that one of our two political parties has backslid over the last half century from a more moderate Conservative Party to a Corporatist Plutocracy and finally to a proto-fascist party vulnerable to Cult like thinking.

There are a number of undemocratic institutions in America that give these people an outsized influence in American politics, with the Electoral College being one of the Prime examples.

While people like Trump didn't create the divisions that exist in our society, he and his ilk have become experts and exploiting and exasperation economic and racial tensions for thier own personal gain.

They also go out of thier way to block systemic reforms that meant to begin fixing the economic and social conditions that have given rise to palpable resentment and anger in a large section of the country.

I'm writing a philosophy book! Check it out at : https://7provtruths.org/

I think it comes from deep indoctrination and isolation.

America shares a lot with China in that regard.

Which is probably why Americans fear China and Russia so much, they fear their own reflection through those countries.

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

1 minute ago, Shin said:

America shares a lot with China in that regard.

Which is probably why Americans fear China and Russia so much, they fear their own reflection through those countries.

That's a very interesting idea! Funny how Russia and China are the traditional enemies (especially Russia), but maybe because they are too similarxD

5 minutes ago, Mikael89 said:

Because it is the greatest country in the world.

Not sure if this is sarcasm or not?

I'm writing a philosophy book! Check it out at : https://7provtruths.org/

11 minutes ago, Mikael89 said:

It's not.

Name one country which you think is greater than US?

Greater in terms of what?

16 minutes ago, Mikael89 said:

It's not.

Name one country which you think is greater than US?

Jesus, so brainwashed xD 

God is love

And God in them

in terms of military, entertainment (hollywood etc. ) tech (google, apple, microsoft etc.) the US is the greatest, that's true

in terms of living, social institutions, infrastructure, public transport etc. the US is not the greatest, although "living" is very subjective of course

nature is great in the US but that's also subjective

Just now, Mikael89 said:

Stuff like number of issued patents, number of scientific journals, total GDP, military power, biggest protector of the western world/free world, getting us to moon, getting us (+woman) on moon again in 2024, getting us to mars, getting us anywhere, saving our whole planet and species from a future killer asteroid, music production, movie production, most influential country, etc.

Do you see now how United States of America is the daddy of planet earth? It's simply a fact.

No, it's a fact. It's just that people love to hate US because people think you are cool if you go against the stream.

There are lots of country with better :

• Education system
  • Healthcare system
  • Political system

Except Hollywood and all the money you use to buy scientists from other country, you don't have anything "better" than other countries I'm sorry.

You're in the dark age of modern society xD

God is love

And God in them

5 minutes ago, Mikael89 said:

music production

I would say UK has way better music. 

Dont look at me! Look inside!

4 minutes ago, Mikael89 said:

Stuff like number of issued patents, number of scientific journals, total GDP, military power, biggest protector of the western world/free world, getting us to moon, getting us (+woman) on moon again in 2024, getting us to mars, getting us anywhere, saving our whole planet and species from a future killer asteroid, music production, movie production, most influential country, etc.

patents per capita:

The peak came in 2000, when Israel was ranked third in the world for patents filed per capita according to the country of the inventor, after Finland and Sweden. Today, Israel is fifth, after Japan, Sweden, Switzerland and South Korea. Finland has dropped to sixth.

GDP per capita has the US on place 7

3 minutes ago, Mikael89 said:

I'm fully aware of that. But that doesn't change the fact of all the other things that I mentioned.

Yeah you have a lot of money and a big (dick) army, but that doesn't provide any value to your actual citizens, it's only used to enrich the rich and "be the shit".

None of it is used to improve the quality of life of your citizens, it's actually sad.

God is love

And God in them

1 minute ago, Mikael89 said:

I'm not talking about per capita. Per capita is irrelevant. It's the total produced by the country which matters. For example if I start my own country with a population of 3 people it's irrelevant if my per capita number is much better than for US.

you're being silly pal

the us has 340 million people, how could any country compete with that other than china and india?

Im really happy I wasnt born in the US, sounds crazy? If I was poor I couldnt afford either university or healthcare. Fix that and I might consider your country to be equally great to any European one. Number of scientific journals is irrelevant to the well-being of your citiziens. The Soviets sent people to space too. 

Edited by Rilles

3 minutes ago, Mikael89 said:

Exactly, so the facts are obvious, US is the greatest country. So why are you denying facts?

that's why we have per capita

ever heard of skid row, opioid crisis etc.?

Edited by PurpleTree

4 minutes ago, Rilles said:

Im really happy I wasnt born in the US, sounds crazy? If I was poor I couldnt afford either university or healthcare. Fix that and I might consider your country to be equally great to any European one. Number of scientific journals is irrelevant to the well-being of your citiziens. The Soviets sent people to space too. 

And the political system too.

It looks like two mafia gang competing with each other.

Seriously xD

God is love

And God in them

4 minutes ago, Shin said:

And the political system too.

It looks like two mafia gang competing with each other.

Seriously xD

I think the political system is very rigid when it comes to drugs in Sweden though... Thats one thing Im jealous of Americans for. Theyre gonna legalize everything before we even have begun the conversation. 

Edited by Rilles

2 minutes ago, Rilles said:

I think the political system is very rigid when it comes to drugs in Sweden though... Thats one thing Im jealous of Americans for. Theyre gonna legalize everything before we even have begun the conversation. 

just move to netherlands, portugal, czech

or travel there often

4 minutes ago, PurpleTree said:

just move to netherlands, portugal, czech

or travel there often

Yeah, Im considering traveling.