Rilles

Is There A Name For This Mystical Experience?

28 posts in this topic

Im daily having these small glimpses of "Omg reality is actually real, how is this possible?" Experiences, like my consciousness gets superfocused into the Is-ness of reality... Like Im waking up to a dream almost

Its frightening so my ego backs off after about 2 seconds. My question is... is there any name for these types of "Actuality" experiences?

Its not realizing Consciousness itself so its not really Awakening... Whats it called? Anyone know? I want to know so I can read about it and perhaps guide myself through this new uncharted terrain. 

First time it happened.

Edited by Rilles

Dont look at me! Look inside!

Yes :) It is different from waking up, but it happens a lot more when you do wake up. When Consciousness is flowing through you, it is like a live stream of learning. Sometimes you realize things that nobody has ever told you, or say things you didn't know before.

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

21 minutes ago, dflores321 said:

@Rilles I'd say its Samadhi. When the mind silences and you understand. Then the mind comes back like "woah what was that, is there a name for this?" . 

It's a strong loop, at this point we are shifting from wanting answers to just being. 

My mind is still there but its more in the background! It kind of feels like I go deeper with my consciousness into reality, kind of like mindfulness but x50 stronger. But I dont lose sense of time or space or anything, Im fully there. 

11 minutes ago, Moksha said:

Yes :) It is different from waking up, but it happens a lot more when you do wake up. When Consciousness is flowing through you, it is like a live stream of learning. Sometimes you realize things that nobody has ever told you, or say things you didn't know before.

Yep, I can imagine being Awake would have this "flavor". Except with the ego poof!

Mystical experience samadhi satori awakening, these are all just terms pointing to an infinite range of experiences. 

Derealization disorder, in case you want the materialist perspective.

If you have no confidence in yourself, you are twice defeated in the race of life. But with confidence you have won, even before you start.” -- Marcus Garvey

11 minutes ago, Nahm said:

This is the mystical experience, but this isn’t a name. 

:) 

5 minutes ago, Mvrs said:

Mystical experience samadhi satori awakening, these are all just terms pointing to an infinite range of experiences. 

??

2 minutes ago, Gesundheit said:

Derealization disorder, in case you want the materialist perspective.

Its more real, not less. I've had some minor derealization before, this is not it. 

2 minutes ago, Rilles said:

Its more real, not less. I've had some minor derealization before, this is not it. 

I've experienced this earlier today, here's what I wrote about it in my journal:

"I also started shifting from thinking to being. I had experienced much deeper levels of connection with source in the past than now it pales in comparison, but still it's good progress. Now I started seeing with my eyes again! It's as though I was blind of some sorts. And now it's like I broke out of the control of thoughts. They don't affect me like they used to do."

Although I think the term derealization refers to the feeling of wonder regardless of real/unreal duality. It's the detachment component that is the essence of the experience. Not really sure about that though.

If you have no confidence in yourself, you are twice defeated in the race of life. But with confidence you have won, even before you start.” -- Marcus Garvey

1 hour ago, Gesundheit said:

I've experienced this earlier today, here's what I wrote about it in my journal:

"I also started shifting from thinking to being. I had experienced much deeper levels of connection with source in the past than now it pales in comparison, but still it's good progress. Now I started seeing with my eyes again! It's as though I was blind of some sorts. And now it's like I broke out of the control of thoughts. They don't affect me like they used to do."

Although I think the term derealization refers to the feeling of wonder regardless of real/unreal duality. It's the detachment component that is the essence of the experience. Not really sure about that though.

Similar. 

@Rilles Define reality. Now define definition. Now define nothing.

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

1 minute ago, Moksha said:

@Rilles Define reality. Now define definition. Now define nothing.

You couldve said Mu!

14 minutes ago, Rilles said:

You couldve said Mu!

The middle letter of the middle way xD

You say it's not an awakening, but what else could it be ?

You fear that everything will get out of control, that you'd have a panic attack/maybe dying.

That it's too real, and that you prefer to go to sleep again ...

What do you think that implies ? xD

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

Just now, Shin said:

You say it's not an awakening, but what else could it be ?

You fear that everything will get out of control, that you'd have a panic attack/maybe dying.

That it's too real, and that you prefer to go to sleep again ...

What do you think that implies ? xD

:ph34r: Shh... Youre frightening the ego... Let him sleep...

Just now, Rilles said:

:ph34r: Shh... Youre frightening the ego... Let him sleep...

No no, it's time to wake up :)

Wake up with me pal, no time to be little scared pussies anymore :D

God is love

And God in them

8 minutes ago, Shin said:

No no, it's time to wake up :)

Wake up with me pal, no time to be little scared pussies anymore :D

So true... Im expecting it this month... Something big ;) Unless my consciousness retracts again... Gosh, sounds like Im talking about a spiritual pregnancy. 

Edited by Rilles

5 minutes ago, Rilles said:

So true... Im expecting it this month... Something big ;) Unless my consciousness retracts again... Gosh, sounds like Im talking about a spiritual pregnancy. 

431ba6e7dfa7751bbb8b0fbe5066ffcc.jpg

Peter-Dinklage-Raised-Eyebrows-Expressio

God is love

And God in them

1 minute ago, Shin said:

431ba6e7dfa7751bbb8b0fbe5066ffcc.jpg

Peter-Dinklage-Raised-Eyebrows-Expressio

:x