Rilles

Is There A Name For This Mystical Experience?

28 posts in this topic

34 minutes ago, Rilles said:

:/fraid

Yeah but think of it this way.

• The first time you had the balls to ask a girl out
  • The first time you had to pass an important exam
  • The first time you had to go to school and be separate from your parents
  • The first time you drove a car
  • The first time you had sex
  • The first time you've gone on a roller coaster
  • The first time you didn't had enough money for your rent
  • The first time you got fired
  • The first time you entered a fight
  • The first time you got dumped
  • etc ...

It's always scary, now the degree is maybe higher, but you're gonna be fine :)

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

Hey Rilles, I too have been experiencing that. Its like im casually engaging in a normal activity or going about my day and WHAM out of no where you become Hyper Awake, Hyper Focused into the present moment to where its almost overwhelming to be completely aware of existence! Your just like Holy Fuck! lol. Then like you said 2 seconds later you come down. Usually occurs during random contemplations about reality. I dont think its Samadhi because ive experienced Samadhi before and Samadhi is way more vibrant and energetic where as this is just pure clear Wakefulness not too different from how you were already perceiving just amplified by 10. Does that sound like your experience too? I dont think theres a specific name for it, i think its simply the raising or rising of Consciousness. Its like a peak to establish a new baseline. 

Focus on the solution, not the problem

Childlike wonder; deja vu; significance; profundity; gratitude. Really it’s just a heightened state of consciousness. Your current state-level of consciousness is very highly correlated with how much gratitude your mood is pervaded by, and thinking something along the lines of “holy shit I’m alive,” or what you described, definitely qualifies as a manifestation of gratitude. Gratitude is also quite related to having a lower threshold for seeing miracles, and even synchronicities... and just plain recognizing more patterns with mindfulness.

19 minutes ago, Shin said:

Yeah but think of it this way.

• The first time you had the balls to ask a girl out
  • The first time you had to pass an important exam
  • The first time you had to go to school and be separate from your parents
  • The first time you drove a car
  • The first time you had sex
  • The first time you've gone on a roller coaster
  • The first time you didn't had enough money for your rent
  • The first time you got fired
  • The first time you entered a fight
  • The first time you got dumped
  • etc ...

It's always scary, now the degree is maybe higher, but you're gonna be fine :)

Yeah... -_-

15 minutes ago, Kamo said:

Hey Rilles, I too have been experiencing that. Its like im casually engaging in a normal activity or going about my day and WHAM out of no where you become Hyper Awake, Hyper Focused into the present moment to where its almost overwhelming to be completely aware of existence! Your just like Holy Fuck! lol. Then like you said 2 seconds later you come down. Usually occurs during random contemplations about reality. I dont think its Samadhi because ive experienced Samadhi before and Samadhi is way more vibrant and energetic where as this is just pure clear Wakefulness not too different from how you were already perceiving just amplified by 10. Does that sound like your experience too? I dont think theres a specific name for it, i think its simply the raising or rising of Consciousness. Its like a peak to establish a new baseline. 

This is EXACTLY it! Thank you for atleast having the same experience! 

5 minutes ago, The0Self said:

Childlike wonder; deja vu; significance; profundity; gratitude. Really it’s just a heightened state of consciousness. Your current state-level of consciousness is very highly correlated with how much gratitude your mood is pervaded by, and thinking something along the lines of “holy shit I’m alive,” or what you described, definitely qualifies as a manifestation of gratitude. Gratitude is also quite related to having a lower threshold for seeing miracles, and even synchronicities... and just plain recognizing more patterns with mindfulness.

Thats an interesting way to put it... Im very grateful to experience this weird thing we call reality... 

Dont look at me! Look inside!

59 minutes ago, Shin said:

It's always scary, now the degree is maybe higher, but you're gonna be fine

It's crazy higher, that's the problem...

:P

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16

Thanks for all the replies! Seems I have to navigate this terrain by Not Knowing, which is fine! Spirituality is a journey to be made in solitude! :x 

Dont look at me! Look inside!

2 hours ago, abrakamowse said:

It's crazy higher, that's the problem...

:P

Don't worry, I'll be here for you :)

Relatively and Absolutely speaking :)

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them