mmKay

Going to jail to avoid wage slavery?

53 posts in this topic

17 minutes ago, PurpleTree said:

Uh what kind of country is that?

Here there are one or two people in a cell.

Eastern Europe

3 minutes ago, meow_meow said:

Eastern Europe

part of the EU?

40 people in one cell? wtf sounds like india, thailand etc to me

Edited by PurpleTree

2 minutes ago, PurpleTree said:

part of the EU?

40 people in one cell? wtf sounds like india, thailand etc to me

Yes a legit part of EU, with EURO as currency. And It even gets even worse than what I mentioned when it comes down to mentally ill inmates.. 

2 minutes ago, meow_meow said:

Yes a legit part of EU, with EURO as currency. And It even gets even worse than what I mentioned when it comes down to mentally ill inmates.. 

yikes. another reason why the eastern expansion of the eu was much too fast

6 minutes ago, Roy said:

Something as radical as this only sounds like a "good" idea for someone with tremendous experience and temperament for those things, but that just raises the question, why go to such an environment for time to master something you've already mastered

Very good point. 

The specific scenario I was imagining was a broke young guy with real family issues (stuck at home in a toxic environment to have a roof over his head) with no job or work experience, stuck in some dead end studies, looking for some distance from that whole environment to think through his life. 

Indeed, it would be really difficult to get anything positive from such experience from an untrained mind. 

🗣️🗯️  personal dev Log Lyfe Journal 🗿🎭 ~ Raw , Emotional, Unfiltered

This is a good idea only if you get sent into solitary confinement. Then you can meditate 24/7 and be completely left alone.

You're looking to be a prisoner because your mind is a prison and you're running from responsibility and self-actualization.

This is an obstacle to overcome. You either become the best version of yourself or stay in the mind's prison. That's your choice.

this video relates somewhat to the topic, how freedom can cause anxiety in humans

@PurpleTree

Good video. In short, you may call anxiety the "shadow" of freedom since visualizing a possible better future and life circumstances entails exactly that : visualizing into the future, aka worrying about what could go wrong. 

It's the same thing that is appealing in joining a Zen monastery, or a university, or beliving in a supreme Being : being told what to do and think, releaving the burden of having to think by yourslef

🗣️🗯️  personal dev Log Lyfe Journal 🗿🎭 ~ Raw , Emotional, Unfiltered

11 hours ago, Knowledge said:

This is a good idea only if you get sent into solitary confinement. Then you can meditate 24/7 and be completely left alone.

Solitary confinement is awful. This thread is so stupid, how is it still going. 

Dont look at me! Look inside!

If wage slavery is humiliating to you, I doubt jail would be up your alley.

You don't even have to work hard to be a wage slave. Just become a night-shift security guard somewhere, or work as a hotel clerk for the night shift. You'll be sitting at a desk all night watching youtube and chatting on forums. You can get seasonal jobs that provide housing. If your stuck in wage slavery, you can still do it smart and not have to work all that hard.

21 hours ago, mmKay said:

Hey, I was watching this the other day.. it's just insane - a person charged with murder drives his own car, starts a business and studies IT while doing time. He lives better then me in every aspect except for his criminal history. heh.

Edited by meow_meow