Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Tetcher

New video of Sadhguru adressing psychedelics as spiritual tool more precisely

10 posts in this topic

The title sucks as the poster assimilates psychedelics to weed and alcohol but in the video the questioner narrows the question to psychedelics.

Someone posted this a few days ago. A few that have tried 5-MeO said that he doesn't know what he's talking about. I agree with his basic point though, which is that the brain has its own dopamine receptors, and it is possible to be naturally high.

Edited by Moksha

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

So my comment. Basically he says that taking substances sucks because they are temporary and random and lower consumer's faculties while on the other hand he claims his method gets you to orders of magnitude higher experience while staying sober and in full control of yourself. In one week of time with him.

Such a claim saddens me because it's not true, you don't get higher experience after a week with him. Nor after months for that matter, not even after a decade if I'm to believe some of devotees who I heard said they didn't have any particular epiphanies after 10 years. Following his lifestyle is good for your health, for the planet and for the society, but whether it allows you to breakthrough only the rare few for whom it worked can say that.  What saddens me is that he claims that his methods makes people blissful in massive numbers which  I doubt. It's just a good thing to have in your life like regular exercise, it's just a bit more multidimensional than a simple jog.

Edited by Tetcher

8 minutes ago, Moksha said:

Someone posted this a few days ago. A few that have tried 5-MeO said that he doesn't know what he's talking about. I agree with his basic point though, which is that the brain has its own dopamine receptors, and it is possible to be naturally high.

Oh it was posted already I figured it could be the case my bad then. He makes a valid point about that it may not be good as a widespread method. I'm not convinced 5meoDMT makes your life better.

I think Sadhguru is just not familiar with psychedelics.

It might also be that he knows he has a lot of influence and he doesn't want to encourage people to use "drugs", since many people don't know the difference between psychedelics, opioids, amphetamines etc.

My bet is that he just doesn't know what he is talking about.

Petition: make Sadhguru take DMT, live on youtube.

Everyone is waiting for eternity but the Shaman asks: "how about today?"

Sadhguru talks about "intoxicants" at 46:30

Everyone is waiting for eternity but the Shaman asks: "how about today?"

This stuff is an art and he has not his paint brush 

You have been gifted the Golden Kappa~! 

I don't agree with all he says but the one thing he has spot-on is if things are legalized. There will be corruption and abuse on a corporate level.  Greed and corruption can trickle down to the very things that are meant to free people.  

Society isn't ready for psychedelics on a mass scale.  The people that are interested in them right now are the people already interested in the mystical.  

On 11/8/2020 at 1:39 PM, Tetcher said:

Such a claim saddens me because it's not true, you don't get higher experience after a week with him. Nor after months for that matter, not even after a decade if I'm to believe some of devotees who I heard said they didn't have any particular epiphanies after 10 years.

Well every time I meditate now I get “high.” Ive been having multiple sessions per week that are about as powerful as low doses of psychedelics but Im dead sober and Ive only been seriously meditating for just less than 3 years. I say this just to give a counter example to your idea that it’ll take more than 10 years to get serious results from practice. However Ive also explored a wide variety of techniques, read and listened to a lot of different teachers, have explored psychedelics and have heavily trusted my intuition. Actualized.org has been indispensable on my journey. I bet if Id blindly started following one teacher I wouldn’t have been able to make serious progress. 

On 8/11/2020 at 10:39 PM, Tetcher said:

he claims his method gets you to orders of magnitude higher experience while staying sober and in full control of yourself. In one week of time with him.

It smells like cheap marketing. Shadguru smells like business man, money money