I Journey

The process of jumping jobs with no LP

9 posts in this topic

I now have reached a point to where I am officially burnt out at my job that I have been at for quite some time. 

I am really thinking of stepping down from this job more than ever. And then I ask myself, what will replace this job? More than likely something not more significant than my current job especially considering that I have not had a direct hit for knowing my LP.

It seems as I think it through, that if I leave right now to go get a new job just to survive, I will end up in a repetitive cycle. 

Any advice will assist especially from those who quit a job with no plan ahead and no job to transfer too. 

Thanks, 

It sounds like you already know what your options are:

- Quit your job with no plan

- Wait a little bit, quit your job with a plan

- Wait a little longer, quit your job with a life purpose

Unless your feelings go from "burnt out" to "unbearable", what's the harm in staying a little longer? Take it one day, one week, one month at a time. Tell yourself that you'll look for new jobs for 3 months before quitting. Although if you go 3 months without landing another job, that's a pretty good indication that quitting with no plan could be disastrous.

Have you completed the life purpose course? If not, I would stay at your job, save up the money for it, and do that before quitting.

Realize that even having a life purpose is no guarantee that you won't get burnt out sometimes. The LP course literally has a section called "Accept drudgery."

@I Journey

I wouldn't quit if you really have no direction moving forward.

I would suggest doing some serious introspection as far as your life purpose and what you're interested in. At least get a general direction going. Then, you can start making some plans.

If you need help figuring out your LP, there's always Leo's course.

You can also use the questions from this video to help introspect:

You may consider downgrading your current job for something less stressful. Then use that time to work on trying to identify your true life purpose and to understand what it is that you should really be doing with your life. 

Life Coaching can help you with that

Leo's LP course is brilliant 

There are also books about finding your authentic LP. 

I think without really knowing what you are here to do and what your greatest vision for your life is it is easy to fall into the trap of job-hopping, getting attracted by more money or more power and eventually realising you have slipped into a trap in your 50s that you can no longer leave. The sooner you do this the better :)

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

@Michael569

Solid post. Agreed. I'm 34 and although I've downshifted instead of taking a promotion, I realize I need to downshift more. I've waited and quit with a plan before, I haven' done so with a life purpose, yet. But your post about being 50 and no longer being able to leave, is one of my biggest fears. It's the quintessential example of "most men living lives of quiet desperation." I will say not finding life purpose in my career, but having time to invest in things that ground me spiritually, walks in nature, time to be present, etc., is just as important. I say this because I see many who follow their life purpose, but won't have time for these things in the forseeable future. So having time to BE, as oppossed to being consumed in the success of your LP, seems to be the biggest obstacle, and one I see many fail on. Many people's lives are run by their business, instead of them running their business. So, I say how you get there (non-neurotically), is just as important (if not more) that you get there. Those who have succeeded at this, seem to be the rare ones, and the ones I consider truly successful. 

Edited by WisdomSeeker

Thank you all for your much needed input. I will definately take this question and play with it for a while. So much needed introspection and this will help me ponder what has been stated. 

On 8. 11. 2020 at 2:00 PM, I Journey said:

I now have reached a point to where I am officially burnt out at my job that I have been at for quite some time. 

In addition to what Michael and others have been saying - if this is truly burnout, consider finding some psychological help. By all means do your contemplation, have the LP course etc. ... but right now you may not be in a place to feel your purpose. Leaving work aside, do you feel any joy and passion in your life, or not? If not, if your state is very bad, you must climb out of the depression hole first, which may require a lifestyle change (possibly including a long vacation or the job change) + therapeutic support.

On 11/8/2020 at 10:39 AM, aurum said:

You can also use the questions from this video to help introspect:

I just now went through this exercise. I feel that Consciousness brought it to me at the right moment. Thank you. ?

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

Yeah man wage slavery is a bitch

There seem to be two main options

1. Become financially free through the plethora of options out there

• Website, Blog
    • Affiliate Marketing
    • Ad Revenue
  • Investment, Trading
  • Amazon FBA, Selling Online
  • Social Media Marketing
    • Selling Leads
    • Facebook Ads
  • YouTube (Personal or Faceless YouTube Channels)
  • Franchise Businesses
  • Real Estate, Rentals, Capital Gains
  • Vending Machine, ATMs
  • Reselling, Retail Arbitrage
  • Start Any Business
  • Etc.

2.  Find (or make) an acceptable, profitable income from your passion through business, employment, etc.

Edited by AlphaAbundance