Mr Here and Now

Enlightenment Vs The Law Of Attraction?

17 posts in this topic

Is the law of attraction B.S? I mean, if enlightenment is about being fully conscious, then where does that leave the law of attraction that states: if you think positive, positive situations will come. 

Hello again Davie.

Any "law" is a fabrication of the mind, which means they are inevitably bullshit. It seems that's a bold claim to make, but it's not really a claim. That's already the case, and you can directly experience this for yourself with enough guided inquiry. But just because all laws are bullshit doesn't mean all are useless. We use what are called the "laws of nature" to accomplish amazing feats. They are tools for and descriptions of reality, but not reality itself. Here's a rule of thumb for you: No law, belief, thought, argument, perspective, or logical conclusion is absolutely true. From that vantage point, you can start to dismantle a lot of your surface beliefs.

The Law of Attraction is a particularly easy one to dismantle. Positive thoughts? Negative thoughts? What are those in your direct experience? What makes something positive and what makes something negative? Have you ever directly experienced a cause and effect relationship between "thinking positive" and "positive situations"? Look in your direct experience for the answers to these questions.

I say the word "direct experience" a lot here, and I want to make clear to you what this means. To look in direct experience is to examine your present experience without theorizing or intellectualizing about it. To look in direct experience is to disregard thoughts that say "There is cause and effect" or "There are laws of nature and they are true" or "There are positive and negative thoughts" or even thoughts as certain as "I am the body." An effective technique when looking in direct experience is to imagine your thoughts saying "Blah blah blah blah". That allows you to LOOK more clearly without the filter of thoughts. 

What does it mean to be "fully conscious"? How can Consciousness, which is already whole, be "partially conscious?" I'm going to tell you straight up, you're already fully conscious. It's just a matter of dismantling the limiting beliefs that say you're not. 

Cheers.

“Feeling is the antithesis of pain."

—Arthur Janov

5 hours ago, Davie said:

Is the law of attraction B.S? I mean, if enlightenment is about being fully conscious, then where does that leave the law of attraction that states: if you think positive, positive situations will come. 

There is likely relative truth to it, as the realization of enlightenment is basically that all is one thing and that one thing is you and that one thing is also God. So, as God, you are the creator of reality itself and can manifest into this reality whatever you want. But it's not quite as simple as thinking positive so that positive things come about. As JJ said, there is really no such thing as positive or negative. So, to think positively doesn't make positive things come as it already pre-supposes that things are negative or undesirable in some way to begin with. To try to manifest things in this way comes from the ego, as the ego is the only thing that labels experiences as positive or negative. The ego has no power to manifest... only the higher self (aka what you actually are) has this power. But it doesn't likely want to manifest things that simply please the desires of the ego. I would imagine (though I'm not sure) that the higher self wants to manifest to itself whatever causes it the greatest level of expansion. So, if that's by making you rich, it will manifest that. If it's by killing you in a fire, it will manifest that. It's a very impersonal force. However, there are probably ways to manifest more pleasant things and greater levels of fulfillment by releasing resistance and creating more pathways by which the higher self can expand itself. But this is all conjecture based only upon what makes sense to me, so take it with a grain of salt.

But my advice for manifestation using the law of attraction is to manifest emotions and not things or particular external outcomes. So, for example, if you have a desire to be rich, it's not because you want the money. What you really want is the feeling that you associate to the money. So, don't try to manifest the money but put yourself in the feeling-space of that desired feeling as though you already have it. It may or may not manifest the money but it will give you what you really wanted all along anyway. 

If you’re interested in developing Emotional Mastery and feeling more comfortable in your own skin, click the link below to register for my FREE Emotional Mastery Webinar…

Emotionalmastery.org

1 hour ago, Emerald Wilkins said:

So, as God, you are the creator of reality itself and can manifest into this reality whatever you want.

There is an important thing to mention though, that noobies always miss, that it takes time.

You don't become god right away and you can't summon all the shit you want either. No dragons, no fairy tail. This reality has certain rules. (Well in theory you could but...w/e we're getting on the mystical side of things)

As Teal Swan put it it does take time, because otherwise, any random thought about an accident or something could kill you, which could be really annoying :P

1 hour ago, Wormon Blatburm said:

You can believe whatever you want after enlightenment

And that's just another belief.

Take out you, take out after, take out enlightenment. 

Whats left? 

Every thought is a belief. It doesn't mean shit :) this doesn't mean shit . Things only mean something when you create meaning.  Everything is about being RADICALLY FUCKEN INSANELY HONEST ! I is a thought . This is all thought  or it can be seen as markings on a electronic screen. When you look at a sunset what does it mean? It doesn't mean anything you are just seeing . Seeing is just happening. who is seeing? why do we believe there is a seer? What is language ? sounds images .. seeing w/ out thinking vs seeing and thinking 

wow does anybody do this ? inquire while typing ? Going out of my mind ^__^ 

@Wormon Blatburm

What is a contradiction? 

There's no such thing as enlightenment, it's just an idea.

1 hour ago, theinevitableandi said:

Every thought is a belief.

Going out of my mind ^__^ 

Fun isn't it :D 

@Wormon Blatburm

What is a belief? It's claiming that something is true, that something exists, 

Now 'when' 'enlightened' 'you' are merely a happening, and what is really going on within your experience is seen with clear eyes, so to speak. 

So 'we' can yes, allot meaning and acceptance to whatever thoughts arise within our experience while knowing their true nature, and use them to whatever advantage they have within thought, but how could 'one' who 'sees' 'their' experience Truly 'believe' what arises as thought? It's a contradiction, every word is, every letter deigns to split reality into something it isn't. 

So the 'law of attraction' is but another thought, and while all thoughts are True as they appear, what it entails is but a fallacy. 

8 hours ago, Lynnel said:

You don't become god right away

This is not true. You've always been God and never have you not been that for all of eternity. But there is a realization that occurs that you are God, that doesn't happen on the intellectual level but on a much deeper level. This is enlightenment. The ego never really has control over what is created as there is no self to have control. This is why our thoughts don't directly create our reality because our thoughts too are a manifestation of God (aka the higher self). But the higher self (God, the true nature, consciousness, etc.) creates the reality. It is what you really are and always are and always have been. But this is obscured through the trickery and illusions spun by identification with thoughts and the self-concept. So, if you personally want to manifest dragons, the higher self likely does not want to destroy the reality that it has created. Why would the higher self defy the laws of physics simply to please the ego's desires? It has greater wisdom and will optimize its expansion, even if it means going completely against the desires of the ego-self.

If you’re interested in developing Emotional Mastery and feeling more comfortable in your own skin, click the link below to register for my FREE Emotional Mastery Webinar…

Emotionalmastery.org

4 minutes ago, Wormon Blatburm said:

@Emerald Wilkins Of couse your thoughts don't directly create your reality because your thoughts aren't your's. 

Again, absolute vs relative point of view

True.

Emotionalmastery.org

2 hours ago, Emerald Wilkins said:

This is not true. You've always been God and never have you not been that for all of eternity. But there is a realization that occurs that you are God, that doesn't happen on the intellectual level but on a much deeper level. This is enlightenment. The ego never really has control over what is created as there is no self to have control. This is why our thoughts don't directly create our reality because our thoughts too are a manifestation of God (aka the higher self). But the higher self (God, the true nature, consciousness, etc.) creates the reality. It is what you really are and always are and always have been. But this is obscured through the trickery and illusions spun by identification with thoughts and the self-concept. So, if you personally want to manifest dragons, the higher self likely does not want to destroy the reality that it has created. Why would the higher self defy the laws of physics simply to please the ego's desires? It has greater wisdom and will optimize its expansion, even if it means going completely against the desires of the ego-self.

I meant it in exactly the way you said it : you shouldn't expect to throw lightenings everywhere and fly in the open sky.

There is a difference between higher self and Source though so it's not quite the same :) As far as I remember everyone has a higher self but comes from only one source.

Either way, as Teal explained, we agree to the rules of this reality with your mind before coming here - hence we would have to unwire all the mind structures, and you would either way have no desires for dragons and fairies once you're enlightened.

2 hours ago, Wormon Blatburm said:

@Emerald Wilkins Of couse your thoughts don't directly create your reality because your thoughts aren't your's. 

Again, absolute vs relative point of view

But those thought are the mind's and the mind does exist, hence the mind unless taken care of will attract with the thought it produces. They still do exist even if not YOURS.

Edited by Lynnel

It depends on your interpretation of enlightened but..

If you fully realize the law of attraction you should become enlightening during the paradigm shift from dark low vibe to a bright high vibe that positive healthy desire instills.

Yogi's and the law of attraction - http://tawyoga.com/law-of-attraction.html

On 9/2/2016 at 2:04 AM, jjer94 said:

But just because all laws are bullshit doesn't mean all are useless.

But, by believing in the laws are you not strengthening the 'self'? Will this not be counter-productive to enlightenment by perpetuating the lie of the I?

I think these sorts of laws are an appeal to the ego, 'Believe in me and you'll get all these benefits ...'  I guess they may be useful as a first step, if one reflects on the why and how of their exact nature. 

2 hours ago, ishaq said:

I think these sorts of laws are an appeal to the ego, 'Believe in me and you'll get all these benefits ...'

Very insightful to point that out. That's the essence of most belief systems, otherwise people wouldn't believe in them. The Law of Attraction, especially followers of The Secret, believe in it because it does serve the ego. You can sit and do nothing and WHAMO! A brand new porsche! How easy is that?! All I have to do is think and it will come! In my experience, flow and manifestation are indeed abilities you can acquire after doing enough inner work, but it's never like how the Law of Attraction describes it.

2 hours ago, ishaq said:

But, by believing in the laws are you not strengthening the 'self'? Will this not be counter-productive to enlightenment by perpetuating the lie of the I?

Is it counter-productive to eat some food because there's a natural urge, along with the belief that you need it to survive? Does that strengthen the "self"?

Is it counter-productive to drive a car because you believe it can get you from point A to point B? Does that strengthen the "self"? 

“Feeling is the antithesis of pain."

—Arthur Janov

The Law of Attraction is a model of the world, no different than any scientific model. It's both accurate and useful to a certain degree to navigate the world, but at the end of the day it isn't Truth. 

Don't get caught up in the spirituality hype around it, Enlightenment means that ALL BELIEFS WILL GO. That includes a belief in the Law of Attraction.

Birds of a feather flock together , the law of attraction can be put to good use if your mind is in a positive space it will be visible on your body and other positive people will notice you and be gravitated toward you.

Likewise negative people pull toward each other with out effort or planning.