Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Frylock

70 million people voted for an incompetent, divisive, wannabe fascist.

10 posts in this topic

70 million people that plague this country. Imagine if a competent populist comes along in the near future. That could be scary.

Yea that's very concerning. 

Such a large number of racists, homophobic, sexists and downright fascists who voted for him 

Let's not downplay the fact that most people who voted for Trump are nationalists and believe in his divisive rhetoric. 

There was nothing conservative about it 

Using the word conservative is just sugarcoating the truth. 

Also those who keep saying that Trump supporters are being demonized for a political position are simply Gaslighting. 

Nobody is demonizing them. 

Calling a spade a spade. Calling a fascist a fascist is not called demonizing. 

We all know that Trump is a hardcore racist and doesn't care about democratic values, open secret. 

So people who support Trump are obviously okay with his racism and white supremacist nonsense 

And he is not a wannabe fascist, he is a fascist 

Edited by Preety_India

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

If we talk about causation without bringing up the AI algorithms designed to mesmerise, radicalise and divide people, it is not a sensible discussion. Critical thinking is not viewed positively in some societies, nor is nonconformity, nor even being educated. These parts of the country were very vulnerable and were (and are) taken for a ride.

If Zuckerberg is not stopped, there will be plenty more Trumps to come.

I would recommend caution against using language like "plague." Try to have some empathy and put yourself in their shoes.

They are just people too. Misguided, but people. They just ended up down the wrong rabbit hole. Don't think that you're immune from propaganda and misinformation if you had been exposed to the same things they had. It's a travesty what social media and fake news is doing to these people. It's literally creating different realities for Republicans and Democrats where the other side is the enemy. Realize that Trump supporters are essentially victims of brainwashing in all of this.

People like to think that if they lived during the time of Hitler that they'd be a conscientious objector and not go along with it. But the truth is that most people did then, and would do the same again today under the right circumstances.

Referring to human beings as "a plague" or "vermin" is exactly what the Nazis did. Be careful about vilifying your fellow citizens in this way. These are your relatives, your friends, your neighbors, your coworkers. People who if you weren't talking about politics, you'd likely get along perfectly fine with.

The solution here isn't rounding up Trump supporters and sending them to re-education camps. It's love and empathy.

I've done work helping to de-radicalize former white supremacists, alt-right people, and neonazis. If you approach them with confrontation, condescension, or violence, you'll only make them dig deeper into their beliefs. These people think they are justified in their beliefs... no one becomes a racist or homophobe to intentionally be a dick. They genuinely think they're doing what's right for their society and the future of their children.

You need to offer the ability to discuss their beliefs free of judgement, but gently question and make them realize themselves why their own policies may be harming them. It's hard 1-in-1 work, there isn't one secret phrase that you can whisper and wake these people up. There are many intertwined beliefs that are unique to each person that need to be worked through one at a time. And in many cases you can't help them to question their beliefs until they're ready to do it themselves.

Love and understanding is the answer. You will not overpower or reform 20% or more of your country by force, anger, or belittling. All the smarmy John Oliver / Stephen Colbert / Trevor Noah / etc etc clips attacking and making fun of these people only makes things worse.

Edited by Yarco

@No Self Yea those algorithms are ruthless, I watched a few videos on Trump on YT in September and since then Ive been bombarded with Trump propaganda and have no way of deleting it. I can see through his bs so it wasn't that big a deal but I can see how other Americans can fall into Trumps paws.

@Yarco well said. There is truth to OP statement but I think a lot of them are misguided, we all know the Republican Party is the party of personal gain and most trumpists simply want more money and they may not agree with his racism but they support him anyway, I certainly don’t like that

Biden has a somewhat credible rape allegation cause I have high standards but I voted for him anyway.

it doesn’t mean they aren’t what you say they are, but you don’t fight hate with hate, you fight it with love OP. 

the correct response is to approach them and understand them, education too, but not forced, and also love and empathy, if they still don’t agree then this is America and we must respect there opinion.  

demonization is part of why trump lost

2 minutes ago, Bando said:

@No Self I watched a few videos on Trump on YT in September and since then Ive been bombarded with Trump propaganda and have no way of deleting it.

That's hilarious and horrible at the same time. :D

This guy has made a documentary about the topic and I hope his message is heard worldwide. Trump is just a common internet troll who is naturally elevated by the algorithm since he is fascinating, entertaining and grotesque. Not exactly presidential material.

OP also the flip side to that, is Biden got 74 million votes... imagine if the left run a candidate who they actually want

Locking for low quality and disrespectful tone/attitude from the OP. Feel free to discuss the election but don't just post random one line opinions. And lets practise compassion and empathy rather than judgement.

"Find what you love and let it kill you." - Charles Bukowski