Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Bando

Why must politics be so dirty?

8 posts in this topic

Now that we're coming up on the election date, I've been speaking to relatives and friends about politics and all the events thats been happening as of late. Supreme Court decisions, presidential candidates ect. Some of them I actually respect and look up to but when I hear them adamantly defending why they support Trump and Amy Coney Barrett or any conservative leaning politicians, I can feel myself getting mad on how stupid their thinking process is. I then try to explain to them why their not moving America forward but are actually keeping us stagnant and it always feels combative and dirty which is quite draining.

They believe they're all individuals and should be treated as such and believe Trump is going to maintain that right. When I tell them we're all part of a community and voting should not  be  for ourselves but for everybody they laugh and tell me I'm to idealistic. I have no problems with either party, as they both have their pros and cons but from now own I refuse to engage anybody who honestly thinks Trump should be President or he should stay in politics cause it never goes anywhere.

Why is talking about politics always feel dirty?

5 minutes ago, Bando said:

Because it's always about survival and not truth.

People do not care about truth. They just want whatever makes them feel good.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

20 minutes ago, Bando said:

Political conversations tend to trigger people's shadow. If you're not conscious of what you're doing, it can quickly spin into people just playing out their particular trauma / old behavior patterns.

Basically, the whole world just needs a giant therapy session.

Don't engage with them because it would only lead to disappointment. 

They might make you feel guilty and unpatriotic for having different opinions 

Like Leo says, they will only focus on short term survival but not on the greater good of the society. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

Democrats and Republicans are basically like an abusive codependent relationship. The identity of one is formed by and dependent upon the other. 

In a healthy relationship two parties would compliment each other. We don't have a healthy relationship right now. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

Sometimes I feel that even to just say a word, no matter how innocent, is the biggest hypocrisy. Sometimes I feel the only truth is silence.

If you have no confidence in yourself, you are twice defeated in the race of life. But with confidence you have won, even before you start.” -- Marcus Garvey

@mandyjw So true. George Washington was right; (excerpt from his Farewell Address)

"However [political parties] may now and then answer popular ends, they are likely in the course of time and things, to become potent engines, by which cunning, ambitious, and unprincipled men will be enabled to subvert the power of the people and to usurp for themselves the reins of government, destroying afterwards the very engines which have lifted them to unjust dominion."