Muhammad Jawad

What is the difference between Deep Sleep and Consciousness?

46 posts in this topic

13 hours ago, Muhammad Jawad said:

Is the experience of Deep Sleep & Ego Death is the same? 

It depends on how you characterize “Deep Sleep” and “Ego Death”.Based on my experience, I would use those terms to describe different experiences. Yet I would also say there is some overlap regarding “post ego realms”. 

This is why direct experience is important. One doesn’t know how to describe the experience of being weightless in outer space without having the experience of being weightless in outer space. A person lacking the experience could parrot what astronauts have said or they could imagine what it’s like, yet that isn’t the experiential understanding.

On 11/1/2020 at 0:24 PM, ajai said:

Deep sleep is just a state of your mind

According to my experience mind does not exist...

Me & My World is the imagination of The Nothing. 

7 minutes ago, Muhammad Jawad said:

According to my experience mind does not exist...

According to eastern philosophy, mind itself is used by Brahman, along with the senses, to play in the world of form.

An eternal part of me enters into the world, assuming the powers of action and perception and a mind made of prakriti. When the divine Self enters and leaves a body, it takes these along as the wind carries a scent from place to place. Using the mind, ears, eyes, nose, and the senses of taste and touch, the Self enjoys sense objects. (Bhagavad Gita 15:7-9)

Edited by Moksha

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

Isn't deep sleep death. Death is the opposite to the ecstatic nature of enlightenment. But death often comes as a byproduct of enlightenment. If you turn off the energy production in your consciousness you just get sleepy like an old man about to die. If you turn up the energy production and let your consciousness go on autopilot if you have developed yourself high states of consciousness is there. 

Edited by Leo Nordin

On 10/31/2020 at 11:08 AM, Muhammad Jawad said:

If deep sleep and spiritual awakening are the same things then why people go for psychedelics and spend years in spiritual practices to achieve the state of Deep Sleep which they experience a daily basis when they go to bed. 

There are the same as in they are all just a state of consciousness in a dream. Psychedelics are not like deep sleep I’m assuming you’ve never tried them. Psychedelics increase your consciousness. Imagine what you think cocaine does but imagine if cocaine gave you visions and very deep insights about the nature of reality. Ego death is not like deep sleep. Ego death is realizing that you the person reading this are a “video game character” and the concept of you being that character dies. Ego..... death. Very self explanatory. That doesn’t mean your not still here tho like in deep sleep. The first time I had ego death it was sooo clear why it’s called ego death. That’s literally what it is. Just think character falsehood realization. 
but nothing like deep sleep 

a real question to ask is does deep sleep even actually happen? Or is that something your making up, to account for time you think you lost.

33 minutes ago, Moksha said:

According to eastern philosophy, mind itself is used by Brahman, along with the senses, to play in the world of form.

Don't we just put the label "Mind" to our thoughts and imaginations?

37 minutes ago, Leo Nordin said:

Isn't deep sleep death.

Maybe, Yes I think. I am not 100% sure.

39 minutes ago, Leo Nordin said:

Death is the opposite to the ecstatic nature of enlightenment.

Are you sure?

6 minutes ago, Muhammad Jawad said:

Mind determines every action of your body doesn't it, then we also have instincts. It's not just thoughts and imagination. I think haha, 

7 minutes ago, Mvrs said:

Psychedelics are not like deep sleep I’m assuming you’ve never tried them.

Till now I have tried 3 Magic Mushroom Trips. 

1st Trip = 1g Shrooms

2nd Trip = 2g Shrooms

3rd Trip = 3g Shrooms

But I think I have never experienced the Ego Death.

9 minutes ago, Mvrs said:

Imagine what you think cocaine does but imagine if cocaine gave you visions and very deep insights about the nature of reality.

I have never tried Cocaine.

10 minutes ago, Mvrs said:

Ego death is realizing that you the person reading this are a “video game character” and the concept of you being that character dies.

Right. But I have already experienced this realization that I am not this character. What does that mean? Was that Ego Death?

11 minutes ago, Mvrs said:

Ego..... death. Very self explanatory.

Who was the who was experiencing all the insights and psychedelic phenomena when I was having that 3g Trip? I think that was Ego who was having all of those experiences...

14 minutes ago, Mvrs said:

a real question to ask is does deep sleep even actually happen? Or is that something your making up, to account for time you think you lost.

Then What is deep sleep?

17 minutes ago, Muhammad Jawad said:

We put labels to everything, labels are imaginary things, differences don’t exist. You are the only one who says there is a difference between the ground and your feet. If a baby was in the room it would see no difference between the ground and your feet. Because no one has taught it to imagine distinction. 

7 minutes ago, Leo Nordin said:

Mind determines every action of your body doesn't it, then we also have instincts. It's not just thoughts and imagination. I think haha, 

No Mind does not determine any action of my body.

Even there is no body. 

I think I remember Leo saying everything is mind.

I find dreamless sleep to simply be a break in consciousness. Conscious of nothing. Not at all the same as ego death, when you remain conscious of what was your ego but are unattached from it and in god consciousness. You realize that all is one. 

you forget all your dreams at night so you forget if you’re conscious of nothing.

People seek enlightenment because they want to be free of suffering. In sleep we do not suffer. In ego death we do not suffer. But they are not the same thing. (Maybe there is no two but seeking that is different from being asleep, it is to awaken.)

6 minutes ago, Muhammad Jawad said:

Till now I have tried 3 Magic Mushroom Trips. 

1st Trip = 1g Shrooms

2nd Trip = 2g Shrooms

3rd Trip = 3g Shrooms

But I think I have never experienced the Ego Death.

I have never tried Cocaine.

Right. But I have already experienced this realization that I am not this character. What does that mean? Was that Ego Death?

Who was the who was experiencing all the insights and psychedelic phenomena when I was having that 3g Trip? I think that was Ego who was having all of those experiences...

Then What is deep sleep?

Mushrooms are a very exaggerated psychedelic in my opinion. The only time I had close to ego death was from 17.5 grams of dried mushrooms, trying to follow in kilindi iyi’s footsteps r.i.p . There are levels to ego death. If you realized you aren’t real that’s ego death but sometimes ego death can be extremely intense to the point you stop being able to even rememeber who the character is or what is going on. And To answer your question no one is watching it . It’s just happening and your mistakening it for something being watched. The watching of it is in fact part of the thing being “watched” nothing and no one is watching it. As for deep sleep don’t just believe me or anyone cause no one knows but I’m assuming it’s just your pretending like you were in deep sleep when you wake up every morning. When in reality that’s just part of a movie it didn’t actually happen. 

19 minutes ago, Muhammad Jawad said:

The mind is the brain trying to make sense of the other senses. It just doesn't realize that in doing so, it is also prakriti.

Enlightenment is the realization that you are not your mind, you are not your personality, you are not your body. You are Source itself, the eternal essence experiencing life through those things, but not defined by those things.

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

1 minute ago, Muhammad Jawad said:

"death is the opposite of the ecstatic nature of enlightenment" 

Are you sure?

Enlightenment you give in to the full experience of life it's difficult to explain so I won't in detail. Any desire that comes you will experience instantly. The experiences will be the most profound and enjoyable that you have ever experienced and you can experience this whenever you want to. The thing is you can dissolve that which is ego, to realise what is ego and what is not is awakening because you now see what enlightenment and the opposite is. Now you dissolve that ego more and more and you go deeper and deeper, remembering your experience gets more difficult the deeper you go, its not like you go into sleep or not thinking or doing nothing. Everything just comes automatically which is most often a lot of ecstacy. You won't eat or do survival stuff so you might die if you sustain it. That's why people at this stage either die or do the greater good for the world. It's the most selfless thing you can do, when the whole world is amazing then your work is done on this planet and you have already experienced everything you desired so you would prabably leave this world. 

I dont know if you knew all this. I don't know how you corrolated death with enlightenment. Death is nothing, not even time, or I guess enlightenment might be death its just what you think the meaning of the word is. It doesn't really matter whether it means death in the end. Sorry if this text was meaningless to you. 

9 minutes ago, Muhammad Jawad said:

No Mind does not determine any action of my body.

Even there is no body. 

How would you now, if its done unconsciously. What you call mind is just an accumulation anyways isn't it? Same as the body. If there is no body there is definitely no mind. You are always with your body, your hand is there. Even if you don't see it its there. In sleep maybe its not there but then there is no sleep also because there is just the experience of life that you have right now. What you call sleep is just your mind doing its thing. We can't think like this, it's obvious in the spiritual path that everything is consciousness in the end. Language is used to seperate things, there are flaws to language too. Let's not be litteral, we are anyways making distinctions here which is just our mind doing it's work. 

I confused myself with this text, hope you understood. 

On 31.10.2020 at 5:06 PM, Nahm said:

Almost. If there is one thing, there by default, is two; the thing & what is not that thing.

20201101_125838.jpg

Everyone is waiting for eternity but the Shaman asks: "how about today?"

49 minutes ago, from chaos into self said:

you forget all your dreams at night so you forget if you’re conscious of nothing.

Or rather, you are as conscious as a rock, perhaps.

3 minutes ago, from chaos into self said:

Or rather, you are as conscious as a rock, perhaps.

Lol hahah

23 hours ago, from chaos into self said:

I think I remember Leo saying everything is mind.

Yes, He Talks about Universal God's Mind. My question was about a separate Human Mind.

23 hours ago, from chaos into self said:

I find dreamless sleep to simply be a break in consciousness.

What if there is no break? Have you experienced any break?