seeking_brilliance

☎️The Lucid Dreaming Hotline?

463 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, MoreLove said:

Alright. I thought writing it down right away might lower the chances of getting back to the same (maybe great) place. But tonight I wrote everything down (I seem to wake up after every dream) as soon as It came to my mind (I accidently skipped one possibility) and I had three dreams happening in the 'same area' (of course it still might lower the chances).

You just have to learn how to re enter a dream. I used to do it as a kid, but it just happens randomly nowadays

Check out my lucid dreaming anthology series, Stars of Clay  

On 11/17/2020 at 9:55 AM, Shin said:

@abrakamowse Not because 5/5 mean extra good and 3/5 means ok.

Ok, got you!

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16

Tonight I didn't remember the dream, but I had some glimpses and image flashes of what I was dreaming but not enough to take notes or anything.

But, something weird happened. At least for me... when I was trying to recall the dream at some point I began to see in my head the dream but in reverse, like if you were playing a videocassette in reverse. And I could stop with my mind at will.

And I went back and forth like if I was playing a movie. It was weird because when I try to remember something I never did it like that, I always have flashes of images and then I go from there always forward. But now it was like I could go backwards and see also the action backwards.

Cool ...

Maybe I was still in a dream state but also awake, not sure about that...

Edited by abrakamowse

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?

@abrakamowse

2 hours ago, MoreLove said:

Phone bug

I bet you were still a bit groggy and was accidentally image streaming

Edited by seeking_brilliance

15 minutes ago, seeking_brilliance said:

@abrakamowse

I bet you were still a bit groggy and was accidentally image streaming

Probably... that's another possibility... mmmmhhh... you got  me thinking about it now...

Image streaming.

:)

@MoreLove @Michal__ @abrakamowse @Shin  and of course any one interested... 

Let's all set our intentions each night for the rest of the week to get lucid and look into the mirror. If there's enough time, we'll also try and jump in.  Then we'll report back with any results. Who's in? 

Report here in this community thread in order to keep this thread clear for help:

By the way, if you have trouble finding a mirror, when you are lucid, stop what you are doing, turn around and expect there to be a mirror. If this doesn't work don't waste time repeating more than once or twice. Try going into the next room and expecting there to be a mirror in there.

You have to like... just know... that a mirror will be there. 

@seeking_brilliance hey! Do you have a book specifically on trance work?

Ive been using Daoist techniques from a book you recommended but its just too complicated. It sort of works but its a bit of a pain. 

1 hour ago, seeking_brilliance said:

@MoreLove @Michal__ @abrakamowse @Shin  and of course any one interested... 

Let's all set our intentions each night for the rest of the week to get lucid and look into the mirror. If there's enough time, we'll also try and jump in.  Then we'll report back with any results. Who's in? 

Report here in this community thread in order to keep this thread clear for help:

By the way, if you have trouble finding a mirror, when you are lucid, stop what you are doing, turn around and expect there to be a mirror. If this doesn't work don't waste time repeating more than once or twice. Try going into the next room and expecting there to be a mirror in there.

You have to like... just know... that a mirror will be there. 

Ok ?

First I have to remember my dreams, at least 6 nights a week

?

7 hours ago, abrakamowse said:

First I have to remember my dreams, at least 6 nights a week

?

No of course not, you can lucid dream with remembering one dream a night. It's just a matter of how often you want to lucid dream, because the more dreams you write down the more dream signs you will recognise. 

But I just found a method that won't require any of that. What you do is wake up between 3 and 5, and don't move a muscle! (so that silent alarm would come in handy as long as it shuts itself off) Don't move and don't fall back asleep yet. Soon, your body will become more and more uncomfortable  and when you get a signal to move or scratch or roll over, imagine yourself doing it. Or in other words use your astral body to do these things. Then eventually you should be able to use your astral body to roll out of bed or any other exit technique like pulling yourself out of bed on an imaginary rope. 

I didn't sleep well last night, so I'm still experimenting with this one. But it's nice because it completely bypasses all the other practices and doesn't seem that difficult. Of course it should just be a supplemental thing since the tiniest physical movement ruins the whole thing

18 hours ago, seeking_brilliance said:

image streaming

Image streaming? I haven't heard of the concept but doesn't that basically mean focusing on the subtle thoughts which then become more and more alive until dream-like images appear?

That's what I sometimes do to increase dream recall fast.

I was interested in that uberman sleep schedule (20 minutes of sleep every 4 hours) for a while and read that the body adapts by going to rem sleep right away. (I don't even know if dreaming happens in rem sleep, got to do some theory)

Dreaming happens 24/7,  (image streaming proves this) but REM puts your sleeping mind (with a sliver of awareness) in tune with it. Well that's my theory anyway. 

I wonder how long it takes to adjust to that schedule and if it's worth only doing in the weekends 

Do you think I should focus on what I am already doing for a while and then add more? Or should I get into as much as I am interested in right away?

Yes probably.  No need to overload yourself and then burn out, there's plenty of time.  Image streaming is a completely different practice where you observe your hypnagogia and say what you are seeing out loud to a recorder. Then after the session you listen to the recording  and let your words bring up the images again. 

This creates a feedback loop and eventually you should be able to close your eyes at any time and see the dream thats happening in the background.  I haven't mastered this myself but I also don't practice it alot.  I do have a lucid dreamer friend who uses this to consciously enter a lucid dream, and he says he can pick which dream he's going to enter by selecting from a line of bubbles, like picking a movie on Netflix. 

Do you know a method on how to learn that?

Off the top of my head, as you are drifting back to sleep, visualise the dream you want to re-enter, (like the place and what you are doing there) and expect yourself to go back into that dream.  If you can hold that with a sliver of awareness until you fall asleep, it should work. I'll see if I can find any other methods. 

Can you recommend an intention setting method or routine?

Sure in

Mnemonic induction. Just like when you are trying to re-enter a dream... instead, repeat affirmations that you will get lucid and find a mirror, while seeing yourself do this.

There's an app on Android market  that let's you record affirmations in your own voice, then play them back on a loop to your favourite music. 

@Michal__ it won't let me tag you in the post above but I gave the basic explanation. In a way, yes it's what you said except that's only the beginning. 

I came up with my own technique (or variation of WBTB) for LDs & APs.

What you do is this: WBTB -> a short Vipassana noting session -> back to sleep. Would probably work better combined with affirmations.

39 minutes ago, seeking_brilliance said:

No of course not, you can lucid dream with remembering one dream a night. It's just a matter of how often you want to lucid dream, because the more dreams you write down the more dream signs you will recognise. 

But I just found a method that won't require any of that. What you do is wake up between 3 and 5, and don't move a muscle! (so that silent alarm would come in handy as long as it shuts itself off) Don't move and don't fall back asleep yet. Soon, your body will become more and more uncomfortable  and when you get a signal to move or scratch or roll over, imagine yourself doing it. Or in other words use your astral body to do these things. Then eventually you should be able to use your astral body to roll out of bed or any other exit technique like pulling yourself out of bed on an imaginary rope. 

I didn't sleep well last night, so I'm still experimenting with this one. But it's nice because it completely bypasses all the other practices and doesn't seem that difficult. Of course it should just be a supplemental thing since the tiniest physical movement ruins the whole thing

Ive been trying that all week and i feel like a deliberate insomniac haha. The 2 finger thing is pretty good for that too.

2 hours ago, seeking_brilliance said:

No of course not, you can lucid dream with remembering one dream a night.

Ok, right now I am remembering like 2 or 3 dreams per week. I thought I have to remember (and take note) of more dreams per week to be easier then the lucid dream.

:-)

2 hours ago, seeking_brilliance said:

But I just found a method that won't require any of that.

That's a great technique... cool... I have to buy the fit bit thingy for that. I will try it ASAP and I send a report about it.

Thanks @seeking_brilliance  you are awesome!

:-)

@abrakamowse ok the only thing is I don't know if the fit bit has auto shut off of the alarm, so you might have better luck with an app on your phone. 

Here's one I found if you have Android phone 

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.harry.lucidwaker

8 minutes ago, seeking_brilliance said:

@abrakamowse ok the only thing is I don't know if the fit bit has auto shut off of the alarm, so you might have better luck with an app on your phone. 

Ok, I will investigate other options, I remember once I installed an app that it didn't really have an alarm with sound, it was only with vibration.

It was really good. It is supposed to check around the time that you want to wake up, the moment where you are more kind of ready to wake up and it begans to vibrate. I never had a problem with that app to get up, so it may work.

I had it installed in an old android phone and I don't have it with me anymore, I don't remember the name of the app. I will post it when I find it. I think is very useful for this things, to wake up very quietly without disturbing other members of the family hehehe...

:P

Edited by abrakamowse

11 hours ago, electroBeam said:

Ive been trying that all week and i feel like a deliberate insomniac haha. The 2 finger thing is pretty good for that too.

FILD? yes perhaps I'll try a combo of that as well. 

12 hours ago, Michal__ said:

I came up with my own technique (or variation of WBTB) for LDs & APs.

What you do is this: WBTB -> a short Vipassana noting session -> back to sleep. Would probably work better combined with affirmations.

Can you remind me what is the noting session?  Does this work well for you?