Kevin Dunlop

Enlightenment One-liners

316 posts in this topic

Encorporating simple, and often mysterious, one-liners is what I noticed recently has helped me to change my state of experience, when I can really incorporate them. Do you have some favorite simple oneliners you could share that bring enlightenment?

Edited by Kevin Dunlop

I never met a man that gave me more trouble than myself.

On 3/8/2016 at 1:44 AM, MIA.RIVEL said:

Train your ego to let it go and walk away, Silence is better than wasting your time on bullshi*

4 minutes ago, cetus56 said:

So true and funny, thanks. I was lucky enough to learn to stop my egos automatic responses and use some really good ones I learned from Diane Gossen while taking care of kids. I noticed blatently that not only do we cause our own trouble but trouble for the poor kids who have to deal with us and get blamed for our misinformed identities. Lots to improve but life does get alot easier when we learn how to change

6 minutes ago, Kevin Dunlop said:

On 3/8/2016 at 1:44 AM, MIA.RIVEL said:

Train your ego to let it go and walk away, Silence is better than wasting your time on bullshi*

I agree its so important to choose what not to do. Barbara Coloroso advised parents to ask themselves ¨Is it really important?¨ So many times I said, ¨no[  and left things alone, everyone was alot happier without my ego getting involved

jjer94 ¨The enlightened state is simply your present experience, unfiltered! ¨

jjer94

¨It's all up in the air after realizing that the person has no control whatsoever over what they do.¨

19 minutes ago, philosogi said:

Let go

Wake up

one time I was dreaming everything seemed to lack substance, it was frustratingly unreal. I woke up and looked around so glad to be back in my normal world, so vivid full of posibilities. Then years later I realized that this identity filter too was just like the unreal dream, nothing like the true reality one could wake up to experience.

11 hours ago, Kevin Dunlop said:

one time I was dreaming everything seemed to lack substance, it was frustratingly unreal. I woke up and looked around so glad to be back in my normal world, so vivid full of posibilities. Then years later I realized that this identity filter too was just like the unreal dream, nothing like the true reality one could wake up to experience.

Yeah! I think this is why people are afraid of death. They're subconsciously afraid it's a limbo where they have to experience time passing but have no real power or control or substance. Wait, isn't that the illusion world we live in? 

What I am reading now: Smile at Fear, Chögyam Trungpa

"Oh, thank you. I was getting rid of that anyway." 

When someone destroys or hurts your ego.

"Sit down, shut up, and ask yourself what's true, until you know."

-Jed McKenna

You can't lose anything you really have and you can't keep anything that is unreal. --Jed McKenna

“Feeling is the antithesis of pain."

—Arthur Janov

21 hours ago, cetus56 said:

HAHA! Brilliant!! 

I write about scientific-based self-help, habits, productivity, creativity and ancient wisdom over at www.selfempoweredlife.com

"Lions don't lose sleep over the opinions of sheep" - The Internet

21 hours ago, cetus56 said:

This is a quote taken from a seminar.

"You are not in the universe... YOU ARE THE UNIVERSE!" - Eckhart Tolle 

I write about scientific-based self-help, habits, productivity, creativity and ancient wisdom over at www.selfempoweredlife.com

"You are not in the universe... YOU ARE THE UNIVERSE!" - Eckhart Tolle