Cole

Vegan Powerlifter Only Eats Once Per Day, Fasts 23 Hours Every Day.

31 posts in this topic

I wouldn't look to freaks of nature for advice on healthy diet and lifestyle. 

For example, just because Wim Hoff is a beast doesn't mean we should all take ice baths for breakfast.

We probably shouldn't all take steroids and lift hours and hours a day like Arnold Schwarzenegger, though that has clearly worked very well for him. 

We shouldn't all sleep just 2 hours a day like some enlightened masters can do. 

I've watched the Nun S Amen Ra video before and it's very impressive. Clearly, humans can adapt to a wide range of diets. And I'd never argue with someone with such results that they should be doing anything differently.... sir.

However, diet is an EXTREMELY personal matter. Some approaches work very well for some people, others work very well for other people. We all have different genetics, come from different ancestors, are at different times in our lives, different lifestyles, different gut flora, different mindsets, sleep patterns, sunlight exposure, needs, etc etc. Hell I mean a food as seemingly healthy as avocado can be bad for someone with FODMAP issues. I've heard plenty of stories of people attempting a similar diet and finding it to be detrimental for them. And it requires supplementation, which immediately makes me skeptical. If anything it just goes to show that we often don't need as much food as we think. However, some people need more food than they eat, again it is highly individual. 

One thing that's clear is that you want to avoid processed foods and stick to whole foods. Humans are animals, and have evolved to thrive in a certain environment and lifestyle (that of a hunter gatherer).  

Fasting in general is extremely beneficial, but are you already over stressed? If so you might wanna work on that first.

And don't expect to get chiseled and hulk level strong from eating almonds and blueberries. (Not that this should be a goal of yours).

Just my two cents! And tbf I haven't read any of those articles or attempted this diet or looked into this any further other than watching that video and am just some dude. If such a diet resonates with you then go for it. 

“Curiosity killed the cat.”

7 hours ago, Lora said:

@pluto Hey, sorry if I'm resurrecting a dead thread but do you have the details of the meal segments of the diet? I'm mainly wondering how he gets enough potassium in such a short eating window. 

Beans/Legumes, Tubers are the biggest players i would say. Remember when we eat only once a day the body absorbs nutrients and uses everything far more efficiently compared to when eating multiple times a day thus why you don't need as much. In all honesty Dr. Nun told me that the Aliksir(smoothie) is really all we really need to supply adequate nutrients in a day during this lifestyle. The main meals and minor meals are just to make you feel full and satiated :)

Also for example i sometimes add bananas and coconut water to my smoothie and or an avocado/fats or during my main meal or other dried fruit (dates, figs, apricots) at minor meal(as sources of extra potassium) because i am not as extreme as he is about circulating sugar for optimal longevity benefits so i use natural intelligence and listen to my body before anything else. I do not believe there is much harm in natural sugars from fruits although i understand there may be interaction with the aliksir that i may not understand as well as he does but i don't sweat it too much.

He does not agree with this but how i see it is by doing 95% right and 5 % wrong is still better than anything else. He prefers to keep sugars as in fruit or dried fruit ect.. after the main meals.

@moon777light It doesn't have to be but soy is best, try organic non-gmo soy and see how you go or you can make hemp milk IMO is even better but far more expensive. Other nut/seed milks are great too but soy has more longevity benefits which is the basis of this diet/lifestyle.

@Moreira He is one of the most intelligent people i know, the reason why it may seem like a fraud is most people really don't understand how he understands how the body and the science works. Our modern training and medical science is quite behind and false sorry to say.We have been trained and conditioned completely backwards thus why its so hard for most to grasp. The more self-educated and self-intelligent you become the more it will make sense. No offense.

Edited by pluto

B R E A T H E

@pluto Thanks for the reply. I'm going to study his papers and give the regimen a one month trial. I'll report back with my results. 

There is a fundamental misunderstanding of his principles which I did myself for nearly a year. A very important thing is that the elixir should not contain any sugar (carbohydrats) because of clycation and digestion. We digest much faster and more efficient when we seperate especially protein intake from other stuff. So basicaly his whole protein intake is from the elixir. After that which will pass the stomach very quickly (around 20minutes) you eat the energy in form of healthy fats or slowly absorbed carbs. 

It makes a huge difference if you mix sugar in the elixir.

To get the full benefits you should excactly follow his recommedations (except the amount of calories which he does not recommend in exact number) or fully understand his approach which is basicly:

-daily fast

-caloric restriction

-specific nutraceuticals

-autophagy optimization

-glycation inhibition

-prevent fat oxidation and intake of antioxidants

-diminution of inflammation

Because of those reasons his diet is extraordinary healthy, supports you with constant high energy and boosts your meditation into exceptional levels.

I cannot recommend to try to get as low in calories like he does because that is dependent on so many factors which he mastered already to a degree beyond belief. Mainly mental state'and discipline. Instead you should carefully observe your own state and slowly decrease the caloric intake step by step. 

But overall I find it very questionable to post all his tractates in here without his permission. This guy is a genius and you should appreciate his work by donating to receive his works.

Edited by Till

@Till That's understandable and appreciate your input but like i said i don't take it as strictly as he does as i allow freedom to how my body feels to flow naturally with what is needed, this, in turn increases the quality of my existence. The strict more extreme method may work for him but i like to be more chill and less serious about things.

I even do 2 meals a day time to time depending on season when i feel like some fruit or fruit smoothie during the day which aids in detoxification, makes me feel amazing and the only food-group found to stimulate the lymphatic system efficiently so its as light as it can be for the human body or sometimes i do a raw only day or period.

I like to play with things and enjoy life a bit more, i live in a constant dance with life :)

I personally donated over $50 for those files and i am naturally a loving and caring person, all the knowledge and information i have i share freely for those who are seeking. I paid for them myself so i feel i have the right to do that.

B R E A T H E

I believe he is legit, but you gotta read the articles and make sure you understand the protocol as this is a very serious method and can be detrimental to your health if you misunderstand it

14 minutes ago, Feel Good said:

@pluto Do you know what's inside his elixir? 

I posted it the first page of this topic :)

B R E A T H E

On 6/4/2018 at 3:03 AM, pluto said:

Beans/Legumes, Tubers are the biggest players i would say. Remember when we eat only once a day the body absorbs nutrients and uses everything far more efficiently compared to when eating multiple times a day thus why you don't need as much. In all honesty Dr. Nun told me that the Aliksir(smoothie) is really all we really need to supply adequate nutrients in a day during this lifestyle. The main meals and minor meals are just to make you feel full and satiated :)

Also for example i sometimes add bananas and coconut water to my smoothie and or an avocado/fats or during my main meal or other dried fruit (dates, figs, apricots) at minor meal(as sources of extra potassium) because i am not as extreme as he is about circulating sugar for optimal longevity benefits so i use natural intelligence and listen to my body before anything else. I do not believe there is much harm in natural sugars from fruits although i understand there may be interaction with the aliksir that i may not understand as well as he does but i don't sweat it too much.

He does not agree with this but how i see it is by doing 95% right and 5 % wrong is still better than anything else. He prefers to keep sugars as in fruit or dried fruit ect.. after the main meals.

@moon777light It doesn't have to be but soy is best, try organic non-gmo soy and see how you go or you can make hemp milk IMO is even better but far more expensive. Other nut/seed milks are great too but soy has more longevity benefits which is the basis of this diet/lifestyle.

@Moreira He is one of the most intelligent people i know, the reason why it may seem like a fraud is most people really don't understand how he understands how the body and the science works. Our modern training and medical science is quite behind and false sorry to say.We have been trained and conditioned completely backwards thus why its so hard for most to grasp. The more self-educated and self-intelligent you become the more it will make sense. No offense.

I got friends that play sports and are muslim, and when ramadan comes (1 meal per day) they become really drained, with no energy, no drive, lose weight and even have to ask the boss at work to change their job schedule. They are not healthy eating 1 x day but the opposite they feel like anemic or starving african boys. 

7 hours ago, Moreira said:

I got friends that play sports and are muslim, and when ramadan comes (1 meal per day) they become really drained, with no energy, no drive, lose weight and even have to ask the boss at work to change their job schedule. They are not healthy eating 1 x day but the opposite they feel like anemic or starving african boys. 

In Ramadan you don't eat or drink all day. He still drinks water and supplements nutritive/adaptogenic herbal teas and few other drinks non-caloric fluids/powders for energy throughout the day which supplies more than enough hydration and circulation/energy for the body. I have done this lifestyle on and off these last few years. It definitely works, its the power of adaptation.

You feel amazing because its simple and easy. The simpler the life, the more vibrant and alive and easy going it becomes. We really don't need as much as we are taught to feel great and amazing. In reality, Less is actually more and most of the time the feeling drained/no energy ect.. when doing a new diet or method of lifestyle is simply a symptom of detox and transitioning, it will pass. The problem is many people panic there and turn around.

Hope this helps see the simplicity :)

B R E A T H E

He is awakened, that being the reason, diet has little to do with it. 

... 7 rabbits will live forever.