30secs

What Should I Do With Gf?

13 posts in this topic

I can see clearly that my girlfriend is so unconscious with her thoughts, rationality and also so attached to her ideology. I tried sharing consciousness stuff to her but it just offended her ego.

Edited by 30secs

I do not think trying to change other people who do not want to change is a good idea. They have to genuinely want it. And I find that this wanting often comes from a deep source of inspiration. Try to inspire her with your action taking and maybe she will follow. But do not try to logically convince her to change. That is something she can do herself when she sees how much benefit you are getting from this "consciousness stuff" you stated. 

Focus more on yourself in this case and give her the freedom to choose what she wants to do in the end.

That way, you have more time to do the consciousness stuff and you take the pressure off yourself because now, you do not feel any obligation or duty to make her change and acceptance can occur. It is all in her hands - know that so even if she does not change, you are not responsible for it at all.. 

@30secs The more you identify yourself as in a relationship with a person like this, the more it's going to limit your self-actualizing. Do what you want, but just be mindful and recognize the effects it will have on your own consciousness. Most people will never care to recognize the delusions of the ego.

Some time ago, I used to go to each crowd at my university. I opened the topic of consciousness and so on, and I tried to convince others. But it just got worse and worse. People will think you are patronizing them. The wisest thing to do is to BE the message you are trying to convince. 

People hate to be pushed or to have it suggested that they need work , which is understandable and normal.

Firstly you must set an example of positive change that benefits her , being extra considerate and always in a positive upbeat mood. She has to want to join you in your happiness or freedom.

Use low pressure ,  cover the same point for a week and show / tell her how its effecting you positively  ,  if your vibe is anything but loving she may reject your information as ineffective or bullshit.

Lead by example , low low pressure you better be a happy camper.

Start her on the ego its the main obstacle to change and its so damn interesting , to everyone.

Its what I did when I first introduced self work to my ex , who is still a friend , she seen the positive change in my outlook it sparked her curiosity , I  gave her encouragement that there is good information to be had , that change is for the taking.
That in public school we were taught to be mere employees not business owners nor successful people , slaves.

That Private schools have a daily meditation period ( they do ) and that those students get schooled to be the successful business owners and or leaders.
That many of the students are raised by successful positive people , not overworked under payed intermediate slaves / common folk.

That I was going learn all I could and be all I can , she wanted some but it took more then words , it took change.

edit: I want to add she is finding it painful and hard to deal with the ego , be patient.

Quote from her last email:  You have made my mind crazy I`m glad that your learning but..       ( she is getting it , it was also hard for me at first )

Edited by Beam

I have been told when two parties become so different, one awakening, the other still heavily unconscious,  Only one eventual outcome will be reached, she will leave.  But take all that you can with your interactions...  unconscious people do a great job activating the awakening's ego which is diminishing.  This "burning of your ego in the fire" with her unconscious ego is an excellent teaching tool for you.   You will find another...

Edited by MarcusJ

I am in a very similar situation. But i also think it might work, because i found out i was taking things the wrong way. People dont need a guru, unless they ask for it. 

She doesn't mind me doing consciousness work and she is definitely good at firing off my ego, so i can observe, yield and overcome it. She is into psychology and is so much in her mind and constantly thinking and even saying things like - you cant stop thinking, no person can. Definitely when i feel my ego arising to defend my views :-D 

Edit: forgot to mention shes pretty noisy and almost always on the computer clicking away, even when i meditate and want some peace and quiet. I guess gives me few more things to surrender to during my meditations. She also creates a ton of drama! :-( 

Actually now that i wrote it black and white... Pls help. What Should I Do With Gf?

Edited by Dodoster

🌟

🌟  The  🌟 Logos 🌟

🌟

Hey Dodoster your gf sounds like she has energy that's untapped and up for grabs.
Right now her keyboard is winning and your losing.                                                    Become more important then the keyboard or  social media and the tv or you will lose out to it no matter what lady your seeing.

With that said , the two of you should find something new to do together instead of clicking and clacking  :)

1 hour ago, Beam said:

Hey Dodoster your gf sounds like she has energy that's untapped and up for grabs.
Right now her keyboard is winning and your losing.                                                    Become more important then the keyboard or  social media and the tv or you will lose out to it no matter what lady your seeing.

With that said , the two of you should find something new to do together instead of clicking and clacking  :)

She doesn't like the things I do. She likes to watch japanese dramas and animes. She doesn't want to even do Yoga with me! Or watch youtube vids with me... Or movies. She watched a couple of Leo's videos with me though, but she constantly argues with what is said, because she has her own opinions and is quite close minded about the new ideas.

What can I do, I am accepting what's happening. Should I scrap consciousness work so I can watch some drama with her? In a language I don't even know.. We like getting high together, but I am trying to stop that one :D

🌟

🌟  The  🌟 Logos 🌟

🌟

On 9/5/2016 at 4:32 AM, Dodoster said:

What can I do, I am accepting what's happening. Should I scrap consciousness work so I can watch some drama with her?

I think you should watch Japanese drama with her, but set another time for consciousness work. Maybe she will notice that you sacrifice your thing for her thing that makes a deeper understanding. But there is no guarantee:) 

5 minutes ago, 30secs said:

I think you should watch Japanese drama with her, but set another time for consciousness work. Maybe she will notice that you sacrifice your thing for her thing that makes a deeper understanding. But there is no guarantee:) 

Problem is when ive watched in the past she takes it as me wanting something, or sucking up or something. Because its not natural to me. 

Maybe i really need to take interest inthem.  As in, trying to understand what she likes about them so much. Thanks for the response.

Maybe i should watch some in secret and then amaze her with drama knowledge :D

🌟

🌟  The  🌟 Logos 🌟

🌟

This is one of the most challenging and destructive paths one can endure as i have been going through something similar for a very long time but if you master the self, everything else falls into place. Trust in life, trust in self.

My love for her was unconditional, it awoken me beyond the stars,

but for her on earth she still remained, and left me with infinite scars.

The real challenge was letting go as it was the only way i could truly grow,

Surrender I to all that is, and become one with eternal flow.

Namaste

Edited by pluto

B R E A T H E