liamnewsom202

Worrying Canadian "anti-lockdown" Protests

13 posts in this topic

These people are so selfish. They have absolutely no regard for the collective responsibility of dealing with this virus. They don't realize its not all about them

6 minutes ago, liamnewsom202 said:

These people are so selfish. They have absolutely no regard for the collective responsibility of dealing with this virus. They don't realize its not all about them

I didn't watch the video but we in Sweden haven't had a lock down and we are fine. But you guys probably need it?‍♂️

@Leo Nordin Id imagine in Sweden people would naturally take more precaution and wear masks and such. Alot of more developed countries can adapt more and have to shut down less in order to keep the virus under control.

Are public gatherings like concerts and such still happening there?

Canada has a large conservative underbelly. It’s less about anti-lockdown, more about the right. The Q on the flag is very telling. You’ll see a rise in conservatism in Canada soon.

3 hours ago, liamnewsom202 said:

@Leo Nordin Id imagine in Sweden people would naturally take more precaution and wear masks and such. Alot of more developed countries can adapt more and have to shut down less in order to keep the virus under control.

Are public gatherings like concerts and such still happening there?

We never use masks, trains are pretty full sometimes and we don't keep much distance, nothing is locked down. Any symptoms and we stay home and do the corona test. We have corona under control. In school we don't distance or restrain from touching each other, only to a little extent. Some students wash their hands before lunch but most doesn't. 

Our corona situation was pretty bad early summer but because everyone takes vacation we almodt eliminated the virus and it hasn't really risen that much since then. It's probably all due to the reason that we stay home when there's any symptoms. 

22 minutes ago, Leo Nordin said:

We never use masks, trains are pretty full sometimes and we don't keep much distance, nothing is locked down. Any symptoms and we stay home and do the corona test. We have corona under control. In school we don't distance or restrain from touching each other, only to a little extent. Some students wash their hands before lunch but most doesn't. 

Our corona situation was pretty bad early summer but because everyone takes vacation we almodt eliminated the virus and it hasn't really risen that much since then. It's probably all due to the reason that we stay home when there's any symptoms. 

That's the way to go. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

@Leo Nordin Yeah i feel like people can afford and are able to stay home when they are sick in a more developed country. It makes sense that you guys have it under control. I feel like alot of people try to compare the way it is in Nordic countries with how it could be handled in America when its really not the same. 

People in America need to work, unless the government pays rent and other bills. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

No, no, no they are the ones that are really awake. 

As of yesterday, Sweden has a death rate of 583 people per million.  They rank 14 worst Country for deaths per million.  They have tested 164,250 per 1 million people, ranking 51 in the world for tests per million.  Sweden is now entering a second wave…  Canada ranks 33 for worst Country for deaths per million, has a death rate of 251 people per million, they have tested 199,951 people per million…Canada is also now entering a second wave… I would not consider these numbers very good considering they are both in the top 10 for healthy care services and in economic individual wealth…

No judgement, only stating the facts from the Worldometer web page…

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/#countries

Edited by DLH

@DLH I am talking about the situation right now, it was bad in the beginning because we got loads of corona to elerly people. 400per day has corona, and we have way less than all the European countries around us. 

Even in total deaths Wikipedia sais we are around the 40th onnthe list. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Template:COVID-19_pandemic_data

https://www.google.com/search?q=coronasmittade+sverige&source=lmns&bih=600&biw=360&client=ms-android-huawei-rev1&prmd=nimv&hl=sv&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwi5nLm_55zsAhWKsyoKHejlD8AQ_AUoAHoECAAQAw

10 hours ago, Leo Nordin said:

Even in total deaths Wikipedia sais we are around the 40th onnthe list. 

Sweden is ranked 40th for total "Reported" cases per countries!  But Sweden has a small population of 10 million people and have 9320 cases per million.  Germany, which is right in the middle of things, has 80 million plus people with only 3596 cases per million… Big, Big, difference!

The real numbers that count are deaths per million !!!!   Click on the link I shared and click on the top bar which has the “Deaths/1M pop”.  Sweden is ranked 14th worst country with 583 deaths per million in the world, Germany is ranked 63rd worst country with only 115 deaths per million population.

Don’t be fooled by the way they rank countries...  You need to compare apples with apples and the only way you can do that is comparing deaths, tests and cases per million for each country!

I am not saying this chart is perfect by any means, because not every country is reporting the numbers the same.  The only way you can “assume” which country is being the most honest are those countries that are reporting the most test per million, which is also on the top bar.

Please do not get me wrong, I live in Canada and I am not overly happy with our numbers.  Canada, like Sweden, are considered in the top 10 to 15 in the world for health care and for the standard of living and we should not have these high numbers.  Both our countries have small populations per sq Km and we have very few countries that boarder beside us.  Both of our countries had much more time to prepare for this Virus compared to other countries. Then you need to consider what countries boarder other contries and how difficult  was it to control people crossing their borders, such as Germany.  Germany is surrounded by several European countries that have high death rates per million, but managed to keep there numbers low.  In my opinion they have done a great job containing the spread of the Virus in their country.  Agree or disagree.  The numbers speak for themselves.…

There are many factors that must be take into consideration to truly paint a reasonable and accurate picture , and even then it will most likely will be misleading.  

To become more awake and conscious one must let go of all attachments, feelings and emotions, this includes attachment to home country.  Only then will you see the world with open eyes!

Having said that, I visited your country back in 2016, and the people and the country-side are beautiful.

Take care and stay safe!

Edited by DLH

This is the most sensible post I've read on this forum in months. One nitpick though...

4 hours ago, DLH said:

... much more difficult time controlling people crossing their borders, such as Germany, which is surrounded by several European countries that have high death rates per million.  In my opinion they have done a great job containing the spread of the Virus in their country.

There are large differences in death rates within countries (between majority-German and majority-French areas in Switzerland for instance) so this isn't a matter of borders. Germany normally isn't even trying to control who crosses their borders. I don't know of any evidence that this spring's extraordinary border restrictions have had any effect.