KaRzual

How do i escape the trap of the mind?

25 posts in this topic

On 2020/10/4 at 3:23 AM, Nahm said:

Express feeling. Be a partner in the up & out of it. Write, draw, paint, sing, carve, ...anything you like. Expression is healing. A flower doesn’t label itself in anyway, it just blooms, and the flower does not suffer. It is in no way against itself, and it has no purpose, it is just beautiful for no one. 

I love it. Expression is healing.

I used to believe that I could resolve my emotional upheavals and trauma all by myself. Then I started talking about my feelings with a friend. It helped me clear my thoughts. After that, I went further to blog about feelings and started my chat group where people could share their feelings. Now I leave a message to my friends whenever I feel something strongly, even seemingly meaningless things. Emotional journaling also works wonders. I pick one thing that has caused emotional disturbances in my mind every day and write about it. With these actions, I feel that my brain is still churning out thoughts incessantly, but the emotions stirred up by them always have somewhere to go.

It's the emotions that need to be channeled. You can't tell the brain to shut up. It's his job to chatter and nag. Good luck!

2 hours ago, The0Self said:

If you understand anything, there will arise the need to understand more, as well as the need to make what is into what it is already — plainly a contradiction. You never know you’re enlightened. No individual is ever enlightened. There is only this: apparent happening, understood or known by no one. As soon as a knowing of this apparent happening apparently happens, a dream individual seems to be separate from what it seems to know. It quite literally never happens. Separation is not real. There’s just absolute unknowable freedom energy (or whatever you want to call what-is) appearing as everything. But it’s only an appearance.

Wave your hand: there’s an apparent movement, but nobody knows that actually happened. However, the individual lives in an illusory dream world of knowing — it doesn’t actually know though, it only apparently seems to — it doesn’t actually exist.

@KaRzual beautiful. ❤️?

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

On 3.10.2020 at 6:54 PM, Moksha said:

There is a difference between the conditioned mind and the unconditioned mind. It is possible to live in the present moment as awareness, free from the conditioned mind. When you do that, the mind becomes a tool. When you don't, you are a tool of the mind.

There is an intelligence in ultimate reality that is beyond the human mind. Laws are intelligent and have a purpose. They are deeper than the world of name and form, and they rule this world. They cannot be created or destroyed. This intelligence is the substance of ultimate reality.

Now forget all of that, and awaken to freedom from the conditioned mind :)

YES! It's a hella difference to live as "a mind" and live knowing that there's a mind and trying to understand it and maybe ultimately overcome, be present.

On 3.10.2020 at 8:44 PM, Breakingthewall said:

Is really difficult to the mind accept that by definition, all his concepts are false. Over all is one concept that the mind is unable to catch: infinity. If you realize the infinity , the mind is going to loose a big part of his dominium. I ve been trying to escape of the mind dominium many years and I never got any progress. I got more calm, more mature, etc...but in real spirituality, zero. The only way that had worked for me is to do 5 meo dmt. To Do It literally break your mind and send you to the infinity. Maybe you do and you don't realize how important change was happened in you, but a hole in your mind ve been created and that hole is a window to the infinity. When your mind is fronted with the infinity, became humble

I simply feel more happy and stable when not believing and being sucked by stories, beliefs and imaginary tales. I'm more grounded and ready to work. I want to try 5 meo anyway, such a profound experience it seems.

Thank you  @Nahm for your beautiful response. What i learned from you is that i want to focus on my feelings more as what they are rather than labeling them and trying to control - as that doesn't and simply can't work for my good.  And i am incredibly excited about the path. I feel like i'm changing on week to week basis. It's crazy. 

20 hours ago, Shin said:

The thing to understand is that the very thing that want to not feel lost is what you are trying to get rid of currently.
In other words you're trying to escape yourself by fighting yourself.

"No I don't want to be unconscious, I hate those unconscious thoughts"

It's like the dogs you see chasing their tail thinking that at some point they will be able to catch this weird prey xD

What you want to do, is to be conscious of what is happening right now, whatever it is.

I like the metaphor Sadhguru uses sometimes "If you are in the traffic, it is very annoying, very stressing (you being lost in your mind), but if you are in a balloon in the sky watching the traffic, the traffic is very peaceful, even beautiful (the real you being conscious of what's happening)"

Practically speaking, you just keep observing your thoughts and emotions, as the "watcher" (not just when you sit to meditate though).
At some point it will be effortless.

How much time that can take is different for each person, you gotta just persist :)

That's what i aim for. Thank you for theses words. It's hard but pretty rewarding experience. 

4 hours ago, KaRzual said:

simply feel more happy and stable when not believing and being sucked by stories, beliefs and imaginary tales

A glimpse of the absolute is going to burn any history or belief. It's the only way to escape of the trap of the mind. You don't need psichodelics, many people get it only meditating, but for others it is a huge help

3 hours ago, Breakingthewall said:

A glimpse of the absolute is going to burn any history or belief. It's the only way to escape of the trap of the mind. You don't need psichodelics, many people get it only meditating, but for others it is a huge help

Yeah. It’s just what appears to be happening.