Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mvrs

What is the experience of infinity?

148 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Member said:

If there is no self, who is walking the path to enlightenment? Some say that babies and even murderers are already enlightened, or everyone is enlightened because nothing happens. How does that fit into this picture?

The path-walker is the final stage of the ego illusion. Somebody begins to cross the bridge of enlightenment, but when they arrive at the other side, nobody is there anymore. Nobody was ever there beyond an appearance combined with identification.

In conveying his wisdom to sincere seekers, Ramana Maharshi would sit in silence, and many achieved breakthroughs just by being in his presence. Failing that, his message was along the lines of 'you are already the Self [enlightened]'. Only if this also failed did he get involved in more complicated discussions.

The point in saying 'you are already enlightened' is to encourage the seeker to look elsewhere to mental ideas, and investigate what is the consciousness that perceives anything that appears in any form. Ramana said that purpose of asking 'Who Am I?' is not to find an answer, but to dissolve the questioner. 

Edited by No Self

@No Self Thank you for the answer. But if you stop identifying with the limited human form (ego) and see the Self everywhere, rather than being located inside a body, isn't that a formless Self as in formless is form? Why do we have to deny the Self in order to detach from the human ego?

2 hours ago, Breakingthewall said:

Nothing happens, only being. 

Nothing never happens and nothing happens are identical sentences. Because only thing is happening is nothing and but nothing can never happen. Let silence be more lauder than words and thoughts. In order to get this you have to have direct experience. Answer of silence doesn’t come from words. You gotta be nothing. ☮️ 

Edited by James123

"It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows."

19 minutes ago, James123 said:

You gotta be nothing

Yeah be nothing, that means that the nothing "be" , it's not playing with the words. 

3 minutes ago, Breakingthewall said:

Yeah be nothing, that means that the nothing "be" , it's not playing with the words. 

if you want to mention being or be nothing as “be”, 

the answer is                                    . 

1 minute ago, James123 said:

if you want to mention being or be nothing as “be”,                             . 

Is nothing but is. after that you realize the nothingness, the mind starts again his work and you realize the something. You say that the something is nothing. But how ? The something is a dream so it's a dreamer. The nothingness is a being. If you remove all the mind , only the nothingness is still there, but the nothingness is , because you are still there, you are the nothingness. I have to go deeper because I don't understand, but the nothingness is not only nothingness

18 minutes ago, Breakingthewall said:

Is nothing but is. after that you realize the nothingness, the mind starts again his work and you realize the something. You say that the something is nothing. But how ? The something is a dream so it's a dreamer. The nothingness is a being. If you remove all the mind , only the nothingness is still there, but the nothingness is , because you are still there, you are the nothingness. I have to go deeper because I don't understand, but the nothingness is not only nothingness

Yes, after realization of nothingness, you realize that your birth, body and entire universe is just a thought, which mean is your birth happens with knowing and learning (thoughts). 

In order to understand nothingness, look at the wall and dont name, label and think anything. Where are you, where is the enlightenment, dreamer, dream, birth ? There is nothing there, because anything you say, think, label is something. That emptiness or nothingness  is you. Thats the reason why i am saying nothingness is                               . 

8 hours ago, Member said:

If there is no self, who is walking the path to enlightenment? Some say that babies and even murderers are already enlightened, or everyone is enlightened because nothing happens. How does that fit into this picture?

I see enlightenment as a journey, not an event. It begins with the realization that we are more than our conditioned minds, but that is only the first step on the path. Existential questions can be fun, but they can also become a distraction. For me, enlightenment is the process of sustaining presence in this moment, and participating in the creative purpose of the universe. It is ultimately dissolving our attachments, because we experience that everything we need is already here.

Edited by Moksha

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.