preventingdiabetes

Life Purpose and Enlightenment

43 posts in this topic

9 hours ago, Nahm said:

“But everything on my dream board would be a distraction from what’s above self transcendence, wouldn’t it?“ 

Well we’ve struck gold there. :) 

No. What you really want would not be a distraction from anything, it is The Point. The more you are expressing desire genuinely, aka what you really want, whatever that is for you, the more you are connecting directly through the feeling of desire, the source of which, is the love that you truly are, appearing as any thing or experience that you could ever want - plus - “you” are essentially ‘baked into’ this. If you literally do nothing, you are creating the experience of doing nothing. You can not get ‘out from behind’ creating, because you are the creator. Think about it this way...if there is God, Source...if there is Infinite Being...what it’s “doing”, is this - but it’d be “doing” “this”, be Being “this”. By being ‘you’!  So by God man, be you to the absolute fullest extent you can dream up. You’re creating either way, because our creating is just the continuation of Being being this place, and us. You’re made of creativity, you experience and create preferences (effortlessly, intrinsically), and express and create. You’re designed perfectly for this. If for no other logical course - create the life you most want, because you’re creating by default anyways. 

@Nahm @Thestarguitarist14

This is difficult for me to comprehend. Maybe it’s my level of consciousness.

Is it like the purpose onion concept from David Deida’s “The Way of the Superior Man”?

Must I achieve self-actualisation before achieving self-transcendence and above as if I’m peeling an onion to its core? 

11 hours ago, preventingdiabetes said:

Must I achieve self-actualisation before achieving self-transcendence and above as if I’m peeling an onion to its core? 

Make a dreamboard and they will inevitably both come to fruition and will be realized to be one in the same. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@Nahm

I would prefer going through the course in order and I haven't gotten to that part of the course yet. 

Is my question the case? 

@preventingdiabetes BOTH. 

true awakening will give you the peace & happiness you say you desire. 

BUT 

Life doesn’t just end after awakening lol, unless you decide to leave the body, but most don’t.

So, say you awaken tomorrow you just gonna sit around until you die? You do realise when you awaken the bills won’t magically pay themselves right? (Unless you have inheritance etc)

Even then, you will feel an urge to create, to explore, to take action, and LP can, relatively, give you joy, satisfaction and even deepen the love you feel & deepen your awakenings.

We need to stop viewing awakening as this static, singular event. 

Sure, the initial “bangs” are timeless & often in an instant, but then the integration, the deepeningS go on until you die.

In my experience, awakening is when life truly BEGINS, not ends. 

So, in your case, it will allow you to go even deeper into your LP, enjoy it even more as you won’t be putting unrealistic expectations to make you happy, because you already are happy, and your LP will just be an expression of happiness, understanding & Love in motion! 

You will still live life after awakening! 

Do both, you’ll enjoy life even more! 

'One is always in the absolute state, knowingly or unknowingly for that is all there is.' Francis Lucille. 

'Peace and Happiness are inherent in Consciousness.' Rupert Spira 

“Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” Ramana Maharshi

Just realized Leo literally answers this in the first seconds of his LP video, just spent 5 mins writing that lmao

'One is always in the absolute state, knowingly or unknowingly for that is all there is.' Francis Lucille. 

“Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” Ramana Maharshi

2 hours ago, preventingdiabetes said:

@Nahm

I would prefer going through the course in order and I haven't gotten to that part of the course yet. 

Is my question the case? 

Yes of course. It’s again, another ‘both’ scenario. There already aren’t ‘two’, that’s a belief (a repeated thought). There is nothing “wrong”, nor “right” with that, as those are also just thoughts. You might say...I am pointing to that you are creating the WHOLE experience. Even not haven taken Leo’s LP course, I am easily rather absolutely confident in saying there is not a better LP course to be found on earth, and you should most definitely continue it, follow through and finish it. I would also suggest recommending it to every one who will hear you. I am also saying (not ‘instead’) make a dreamboard and this is going to bring ‘dimensions’ of realization in conjunction with all ‘other’ fronts. 

If that is not understandable...the tldr version is - make a dreamboard and finish the course. When you are challenged with these ‘this or that’ obstacles, instead see the sameness. 

But of course this is no more than opinion, suggestion...and possibly too gratuitous, but I can not ‘give’ you another perspective than ‘your’ perspective(s) as life, or reality, unfolds for you...but I am trying to the extent offering words and conveying the intention & sentiment behind them is found useful to you.  

Be mindful of your prior realization - you don’t need to know, have, or be anything beyond what you know, have are are, to proceed. It’s important to recognize a thought about something you need - is not this actual object or thing ‘out there’ which you don’t have. You totally have it...just recognize what you have, is a thought about something. That does not mean there is that something. It’s a thought. You do not need anything whatsoever to proceed. Matter of fact, ‘not proceeding’ is not an option. You’re proceeding in any and all cases. Consciously choosing, that’s what’s in question, and imo recognizing thoughts about stuff that isn’t even actual are just thoughts is most helpful. Guess what’s a really great way to cut through such ‘thoughts of nonexistent stuff’, and focusing on feeling, on what you want? 

8 hours ago, Nahm said:

Guess what’s a really great way to cut through such ‘thoughts of nonexistent stuff’, and focusing on feeling, on what you want? 

Meditation? What are effective techniques for my particular case?

@LfcCharlie4 @Nahm

So these are my thoughts:

*Human beings need purpose and crave creative expression. Being only awakened and/or enlightened won’t solve a lack of satisfaction or fulfilment. 

Having a Life Purpose can make you achieve Self-Transcendence by moving up the Pyramid to Self-Actualization, then Self-Transcendence. Or move up to Stage Yellow from Orange or Green for example. From where you can have deeper awakening. It makes it easier to be awakened or enlightened as lower level needs have been handled. 

So it is best to have my Life Purpose handled before shooting for enlightenment as I have a lot of karma to exhaust/onions to peel (e.g. having a career, financial stability, passion for living, etc). Once my desires for those are exhausted, I can then move on to enlightenment.*

Would this be accurate? 

We should be exhausting our desires before shooting for enlightenment as it’s very difficult, right? As if we are peeling onions? 

On a Spiral Dynamics forum, it mentioned that if you are a teenager, don’t even think about Tier 2 consciousness (Yellow, Turquoise, Coral, etc) as the huge lack of life experience would make it near impossible/very unlikely if you are the average person. Is this true? 

Would it be a good strategy for me to work on my Life Purpose for the next 10-15 years while still meditating everyday, then when I’m 25-30 I can pursue enlightenment as I’ve exhausted my desire for materialism and success? 

I know that these things won’t truly make me happy, but my ego still wants materialistic success. Could I just let go of this desire? Or would it be better for me to exhaust this desire, and from direct experience see that “Oh, this doesn’t really make me happy”, and then pursue enlightenment instead of just believing that it won’t make me happy?

I want to work out a good strategy so I’m not second guessing myself here, what’s your guy’s suggestion? 

@preventingdiabetes No man. 

Go for both, there are no hard rules though, do whatever YOU want to do. 

But, like @Nahm keeps saying, go for both, only you put limits on yourself. 

Why not work on your LP while deepening your spirituality? 

9 minutes ago, LfcCharlie4 said:

Why not work on your LP while deepening your spirituality? 

I’m still going to be meditating. But I hear that enlightenment work is vigorous and time consuming. 

I’m thinking about putting ALL the time I have into my Life Purpose so I can build a good foundation for my future, so that I’m comfortable enough to pursue and have a deeper desire for enlightenment. 

39 minutes ago, preventingdiabetes said:

I know that these things won’t truly make me happy, but my ego still wants materialistic success. Could I just let go of this desire? Or would it be better for me to exhaust this desire, and from direct experience see that “Oh, this doesn’t really make me happy”, and then pursue enlightenment instead of just believing that it won’t make me happy?

What are your thoughts on this? 

@preventingdiabetes So firstly, 

you’ve set up a belief that “enlightenment work is time consuming” but it doesn’t necessarily have to be, you can always make time for meditation, inquiry, working with a teacher etc. 

Also, everyone seems to forget LIFE is a spiritual practice, the whole point of spirituality is to enhance your life, not to make it separate from normal life. 

You should be wondering how your spirituality can enhance your life and further your LP, not be either / or. 

1) Exhaust the desire, follow whatever you want to do most, not what you “should” do, everyone is at a different stage, sounds like you need to integrate Orange potentially? 

2) Your thinking is very black and white, just because “material success won’t make you absolutely happy” doesn’t mean it has no value, can’t bring joy, can’t be enjoyed and can’t bring freedom. It still has relative value, all we are saying is don’t expect a big house and fast car to make you go from depressed to Buddha level of happiness. Instead, use that happiness from spirituality to improve yours & “others” life from a place of love! 

7 hours ago, preventingdiabetes said:

Meditation? What are effective techniques for my particular case?

A dreamboard! 

(To be as specific & literal as possible...) My advice would be to build the foundation:

Get enough sleep, and get up early. Exercise every morning, followed by meditation every morning & a second meditation again in the afternoon around 5pm. Eat / drink a clean healthy diet. 

Dreamboard: Write what you really want, unabashedly. Do not give a fuck what anyone thinks of you or of what you want. Nobody is gonna die for you, and ain’t nobody living for you either. Live for you, so to speak. This is your life. This is not a rehearsal, this is ‘it’. It is, and will continue to be, what you make it - what you create it to be. 

When you write what you really want on your board...some limiting beliefs are gonna come up. (A belief is just a thought you’ve been repeating, that’s all). You’re going to learn that suffering is focusing on perspectives rooted in these limiting beliefs about yourself and what you’re capable of. You’ll release them from the body, and in doing so you will learn never to fear feeling, but to allow it to guide you. That is spirituality. It’s never found on a page, video, practice, or trip. The “real deal” as @LfcCharlie4 is pointing out, is this living of life, this desire, this creating, this purifying yourself of your own bullshit and any negative self talk & beliefs. When you do this... inner being, Source, God, The True Self... is more and more known in feeling, and viscerally known in yourself and your living. Feel the source within loving you, and encouraging you to dream big and live the life you wanna live.

Human beings need purpose and crave creative expression. Being only awakened and/or enlightened won’t solve a lack of satisfaction or fulfilment. 

That’s fearing you’re own feeling, as it is thinking / ruminating, and it is not making a dreamboard and seeing that the universe does indeed deliver. Stop being afraid by recognizing thinking is chalked full of uncertainty...feeling however is certainty. You think way to much and meditation twice a day will change this. Thinking is to choose. That’s it. It evolved as communication for humans. That’s it. The world’s addicted to thinking & conceptualizing. Break that addiction with meditation. You’ll feel amazing. Stick to it, never be afraid to feel, never be afraid to dream big. It’s all castles made of sand, you aren’t taking anything with you when you go. Don’t die with regrets, die fucking amazed at the life you lived. Start right now. 

Having a Life Purpose can make you achieve Self-Transcendence by moving up the Pyramid to Self-Actualization, then Self-Transcendence. Or move up to Stage Yellow from Orange or Green for example. From where you can have deeper awakening. It makes it easier to be awakened or enlightened as lower level needs have been handled. 

Again, sort through your own ruminating to hear the love in this statement - nobody cares dude. Live your life right now. Make a dreamboard right now. Notice excuses, pause, feel, let em go, and make a dreamboard. 

So it is best to have my Life Purpose handled before shooting for enlightenment as I have a lot of karma to exhaust/onions to peel (e.g. having a career, financial stability, passion for living, etc). Once my desires for those are exhausted, I can then move on to enlightenment.*

Would this be accurate? 

Hold out your hands and look and see what’s in em. Nothin. Cause it’s just more thinking and it doesn’t amount to anything. Make a dreamboard. I love you, hope you feel that in this attempt to slap your face so you start life. Go splash some cold water on your face, go outside and breathe! Enough thinking!

We should be exhausting our desires before shooting for enlightenment as it’s very difficult, right? As if we are peeling onions? 

On a Spiral Dynamics forum, it mentioned that if you are a teenager, don’t even think about Tier 2 consciousness (Yellow, Turquoise, Coral, etc) as the huge lack of life experience would make it near impossible/very unlikely if you are the average person. Is this true? 

Would it be a good strategy for me to work on my Life Purpose for the next 10-15 years while still meditating everyday, then when I’m 25-30 I can pursue enlightenment as I’ve exhausted my desire for materialism and success? 

I want to work out a good strategy so I’m not second guessing myself here, what’s your guy’s suggestion? 

You’ve got to come to terms with that you are currently scared shitless of living your life. When you choose to stop all this ruminating about desire, life purpose, enlightenment, etc, and simple begin by writing what you want on your dreamboard, your body is going to release pent up emotions and limiting beliefs, and the outcome is going to be ACTUAL passion and clarity. Not more thinking

You have more than enough time in your days to do everything you want to do. Enough with your bullshit my friend. Wake yourself the fuck up.

I love you, I really, really do. When I need the wake up slap in the face, I expect you to help me too.

5 hours ago, LfcCharlie4 said:

you’ve set up a belief that “enlightenment work is time consuming” but it doesn’t necessarily have to be, you can always make time for meditation, inquiry, working with a teacher etc. 

I'm still going to be meditating every day. But there are dark sides of enlightenment aren't there? I don't want to deal with those yet. 

1) Exhaust the desire, follow whatever you want to do most, not what you “should” do, everyone is at a different stage, sounds like you need to integrate Orange potentially? 

Yes, I need to integrate Orange. 

2) Your thinking is very black and white, just because “material success won’t make you absolutely happy” doesn’t mean it has no value, can’t bring joy, can’t be enjoyed and can’t bring freedom. It still has relative value, all we are saying is don’t expect a big house and fast car to make you go from depressed to Buddha level of happiness. Instead, use that happiness from spirituality to improve yours & “others” life from a place of love! 

I never said it doesn't have any value :D But materialism alone won't make me truly happy, yet I feel like my ego wants to experience this for itself.

3 hours ago, Nahm said:

A dreamboard! 

(To be as specific & literal as possible...) My advice would be to build the foundation:

Get enough sleep, and get up early. Exercise every morning, followed by meditation every morning & a second meditation again in the afternoon around 5pm. Eat / drink a clean healthy diet. 

Dreamboard: Write what you really want, unabashedly. Do not give a fuck what anyone thinks of you or of what you want. Nobody is gonna die for you, and ain’t nobody living for you either. Live for you, so to speak. This is your life. This is not a rehearsal, this is ‘it’. It is, and will continue to be, what you make it - what you create it to be. 

When you write what you really want on your board...some limiting beliefs are gonna come up. (A belief is just a thought you’ve been repeating, that’s all). You’re going to learn that suffering is focusing on perspectives rooted in these limiting beliefs about yourself and what you’re capable of. You’ll release them from the body, and in doing so you will learn never to fear feeling, but to allow it to guide you. That is spirituality. It’s never found on a page, video, practice, or trip. The “real deal” as @LfcCharlie4 is pointing out, is this living of life, this desire, this creating, this purifying yourself of your own bullshit and any negative self talk & beliefs. When you do this... inner being, Source, God, The True Self... is more and more known in feeling, and viscerally known in yourself and your living. Feel the source within loving you, and encouraging you to dream big and live the life you wanna live.

That’s fearing you’re own feeling, as it is thinking / ruminating, and it is not making a dreamboard and seeing that the universe does indeed deliver. Stop being afraid by recognizing thinking is chalked full of uncertainty...feeling however is certainty. You think way to much and meditation twice a day will change this. Thinking is to choose. That’s it. It evolved as communication for humans. That’s it. The world’s addicted to thinking & conceptualizing. Break that addiction with meditation. You’ll feel amazing. Stick to it, never be afraid to feel, never be afraid to dream big. It’s all castles made of sand, you aren’t taking anything with you when you go. Don’t die with regrets, die fucking amazed at the life you lived. Start right now. 

Again, sort through your own ruminating to hear the love in this statement - nobody cares dude. Live your life right now. Make a dreamboard right now. Notice excuses, pause, feel, let em go, and make a dreamboard. 

Hold out your hands and look and see what’s in em. Nothin. Cause it’s just more thinking and it doesn’t amount to anything. Make a dreamboard. I love you, hope you feel that in this attempt to slap your face so you start life. Go splash some cold water on your face, go outside and breathe! Enough thinking!

You’ve got to come to terms with that you are currently scared shitless of living your life. When you choose to stop all this ruminating about desire, life purpose, enlightenment, etc, and simple begin by writing what you want on your dreamboard, your body is going to release pent up emotions and limiting beliefs, and the outcome is going to be ACTUAL passion and clarity. Not more thinking

You have more than enough time in your days to do everything you want to do. Enough with your bullshit my friend. Wake yourself the fuck up.

I love you, I really, really do. When I need the wake up slap in the face, I expect you to help me too.

Holy fuck..

You're right, I've fallen into the trap of mental masturbation!

I think I need to take a theory detox. My mind keeps on calling me to jerk itself off. 

I want to do the course in order. I want to make the vision board fully authentic, I'm still going through the values assessment. Maybe I'll just trust that this mental masturbation phase will go away.

You mentioned meditation to get stop it. 

I do guided meditation at the moment, 20 minutes a day. I'm going through the Waking Up meditation course which I'll be finishing in 2 days, from then I'll be doing it in silence. 

What meditation techniques would help? For how long? 

@preventingdiabetes

Thank God you ‘received it’. I was flirtin with guidelines there. ?

2 minutes ago, preventingdiabetes said:

I don't want to deal with those yet

It’s 100% up to you. Just be wise enough to make the distinction between your own direct experience, perspectives and attitude, and what someone else says about theirs. Don’t put anyone on an authority pedestal. Nobody has anything on the actuality of being you, and direct experience. One man’s “dark stuff to deal with”, is another mans’ release & relief. All the trouble starts when we contextualize feeling. It’s the most common hijack in the world. If you desire to be free of monkey mind, be mindful when you’re resonating with it in regard to someone else.

6 minutes ago, preventingdiabetes said:

What meditation techniques would help? For how long? 

Having said that....it is my opinion that not a single word can actually be said about what meditation is. So IMO, guided meditations are not meditation, but rather soothing, which is fine. I choose to hold that distinction. What works for you, what heals (assists in release), is paramount to ‘where you are’ wherever you are. Guided meditations are a nice segway perhaps, only you could connect the dots as to if guided meditations perpetuate monkey mind. I will say from direct experience relatively for a few years now - no mind is most worthwhile. There is much to be said for “pure” meditation, focusing on stomach breathing and feeling, letting all thoughts appear and disappear, as is natural. But again, the words don’t really say anything about meditation, just pointings. You have to ‘go see’. 

Practically speaking, if interested, it may go something like this.   One begins meditation by focusing on breathing from the stomach, relaxing, and feeling. One notices how much the focus routinely goes right back to thinking. One gently, with no self judgement, brings focus back to the stomach breathing and feeling. As this transpires, there are really only two courses: getting frustrated and quitting, or, returning focus to stomach breathing, relaxing, and feeling. It is that simple. What is not simple, only appears to not be simple...because of continuing to believe the thoughts, about it not being simple, rather than returning focus to breathing from the stomach, feeling, and relaxing the entire body. I trust you can see that the choice, in essence, is ending monkey mind or not. The monkey mind “itself” is only thoughts. There is no mind ‘there’. Analogously, there is no traffic, without cars. Traffic, is only the cars. “Traffic” has no actuality. ‘That there is a mind’ is a thought. (Unless you directly experience being outside of it, and literally get to see what it is).

I would do that meditation (non guided) twice a day, for 20 minutes, and I would slowly work up to 1 hr in the morning. It is incredibly counter intuitive - initially - that everything you want in your life is going to actually come from the doing nothing that meditation is. But what you’ll likely find, is that the reason you utilize guided meditation instead of what I am calling “pure” meditation, is because of fear of feeling. Drop that. Feeling is desire, is love, is self, is creation. Not-feeling is avoidance, suppression, delusional, and suffering. Certainty is feeling (love), uncertainty is thinking (choice, creation). The human condition, when successful, is ‘riding that wave’ in between, which is why meditation is literally The Middle Way. Buy tissues or handkerchiefs. Expect emotional misunderstanding and misidentification to come up - and let it out. Focus on stomach breathing, relaxing, and feeling - while a million thought stories about feeling bubble up and are emptied out. Do not be afraid, whenever you find yourself being afraid - recognize there is a thought story you are getting sucked into. Do no be afraid to feel. 

Write what you really want on your dreamboard - and it is already so.  “It” is not “coming”, and “it” is not going to “instantly manifest in front of you”, this , reality, is already unfolding in perfect alignment with your vibration. Reality appears solid, but is actually you (love) vibrating to create “expereince”. You do not have to think about the “how”. Reality is unconditional love, “you” are designed to experience, which inherently create preferences, and to express those preferences as the creating of this reality - just for the experience

Are You Experienced?

I. MF’ing. AM.  

@Nahm

Thank you.

While I don't fully understand what you are saying, I can see myself being able to understand it as I learn more and raise my consciousness. 

Maybe one day I'll look back at this post and realise how naive I was xD

@preventingdiabetes No you need to do both.

Because as you develop, your LP changes.

So if you're just LP chasing, you will outgrow it, and then be 30 something and in a crisis.

Here is great advice:

If you don't know what to do, start with a more broad LP while developing your mind.

Chances are, your broad LP will let you develop skills which are applicable to many fields, so when you change your mind, you don't lose so much dead wood 

<banned for jokes in the joke section>

Thought Art I am disappointed in your behavior ?

On 22/09/2020 at 11:33 AM, preventingdiabetes said:

Is it better to have my life-purpose in place before pursuing enlightenment? (If I plan on becoming awakened in the future that is) 

Having a conscious life-purpose can only bring you closer not further to enlightenment. As you shed any toxic aspects of yourself and fulfil your financial and basic carnal desires only then can you climb above otherwise, you are basing the entire structure on legs made of cardboard  If you are stuck in a rut of corporate job it is close to impossible to pursue enlightenment? Because you have to ask, it probably means that the answer to your question is Yes. 

Judging by your name I assume your LP involves holistic healing, health & nutrition which can be turned into a grandiose gaol as long as you don't create a layer of toxicity on the top of it such as selling yourself for big supplement companies and selling cookie-cutter programs and diabetic candies. 

Maybe you are like me that you first have to spend 20 years pursuing your LP before you are ready to move on further 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

My spiritual life purpose in the egocentric world.

During discovering my life purpose, I discover clear filing that I won't live through it and spread that filing through people–society.

Through discovering that I realized that this filing is Love.

I questioned my self which activity (primarily economic) is the most appropriate to share Love with people.

Through meditation and other activities where I reach the connection to my deeper self, I realized that there is no important which activity I do, there is no important if I’m a garbage man, engineer, CEO, or pianist, all professions can bring me just the same degree of suffering or joy.  The only important thing is our attitude to ourselves. When we fell resistance we suffering, more resistance we eliminate more Love we feel.

Through that attitude I living my time, where I realize that the best tool to share that attitude is my appearance.

Last year I see the results of my work on myself, but I experience some cold showers.

Through my communication with people, I see that they see Love at me, but almost no one appreciates it. For example: When I talk to my boss about a problematic topic he responds to my opinion with words “many times you will be fucked in life if you see the world in such an honest way”. It was one of my first sign, that people see Love at me.

I share Love with people because of me, because I am sure that this attitude allows me the most joyful life.

But on the other side, that is a lot of people around me, which acting is very egocentric and there all life is based on their ego, because of it, they are denial about all that goes opposite to their ego. This kind of attitude is based on the whole business models that I experience through my working experience.

There is one of my biggest dilemmas “how to escape the egocentric business model” if this business concept is the only one that I experience.

My mind has a big wish to start my own high conciseness business, but I can’t reach the point where my mind goes along with my heart – my life purpose.

It is a trap where I cough myself and still looking for a solution.

Any comments are welcome.

4 hours ago, Michael569 said:

otherwise, you are basing the entire structure on legs made of cardboard  If you are stuck in a rut of corporate job it is close to impossible to pursue enlightenment? Because you have to ask, it probably means that the answer to your question is Yes. 

Does that mean monks aren't deeply enlightened as they have shadows of lower stages? 

Judging by your name I assume your LP involves holistic healing, health & nutrition

No, my username is completely unrelated to my LP. 

Maybe you are like me that you first have to spend 20 years pursuing your LP before you are ready to move on further 

Having a successful and authentic Life Purpose makes enlightenment easier, right?