Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ColeMC01

Lookism discrimination

10 posts in this topic

I randomly encountered this video and i found it really suprising. I personally live in Europe where discrimination to this extent based on looks does not really happen and this video made me a bit angry. Is the stuff on the video true you guys think or you think it's bullshit? Basically the theme is a guy that is according to himself very ugly, getting treated much better in general because he has to wear a mask due to COVID. He gives many examples on the video where he is treated better.

That guy has a very poor self image.

If you believe yourself to be ugly or just unattractive, obviously you are emitting that mind of energy.  But that will also manifest in your body language, how you dress, your ability to lose weight, how you carry yourself and etc.

@Thestarguitarist14 He works out, takes care of himself and used to think he was a normal looking guy. I am not denying the fact that he might be considered "ugly" by society standards but what angers me is why would people treat you worse for something as bs as looks. I would understand if you ask a girl out or something but for general stuff it is absurd

@ColeMC01 Here’s what I have learned as a guy who was called ugly in high school and now has four endorsement deals on Instagram with clothing and jewelry brands who approached me based off my looks.

Its all about how you feel about yourself.

Yes, people can be mean and say awful shit.  But it is up to the individual whether or not they agree with it or take it personally.  It seems like he has taken it to heart and has allowed it to be a part of his identity.  Even though it is only an opinion.

No one immediately thinks "wow Gandhi is so ugly" when they think of him. But lets be honest he's ugly as fuck. 

10 minutes ago, electroBeam said:

No one immediately thinks "wow Gandhi is so ugly" when they think of him. But lets be honest he's ugly as fuck. 

To be fair, you’re probably thinking of him as an older man.  As a young man he looked average.  Most people unless they make an effort do not stay good looking forever.

Edited by Thestarguitarist14

careful with incel philosophy. it's very disempowering and victim related. there's definitely truths you can pick up but you need to really be detcahed from the philosophy as a whole and look for the nuggets to understand the worldview

your world-view, self-image, experience and intention will take you a longg way  

i can guarantee you, with a healthy psychology, he would be able to get girlfriends without much problem 

Edited by Jacob Morres

It is a fact that people society perceives as more "beautiful" are treated better than "ugly" people.

What matters is how you use that fact. Don't turn it into a victim mentality.

BTW, the world is a cruel and unfair place. As a European you benefit a lot from it. All survival depends on it.

Edited by Akemrelax

All forms of discrimination come from a lack of love. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today.