Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Dario1995

Fear of kundalini

11 posts in this topic

After hearing how Adyashanti went trough 5 year that we would not wish for his worst enemy, it really struck me. It frightened me in a way i cannot explain. But i dont understand why he suffered so much. He was in spirituality 10 years before that, and surely he dissolved some of his ego. 

I mean, i am going trough ego dissolving process right now, and more it dissolves the more present I am. But it is not bad proces at all if you surrender.  Of course, i am not going trough kundalini awakening, but what is the difference? 

Am i handling it better because i went trough depression, depersonalisation, dark night of the soul, ego backlashes? I get an impression that he did not suffer much before in his life.  

And i am saying yes now to every suffering that exist, but when i surrender like that there is no suffering and im so fucking confused about it. 

Is it possible that every kundalini awakening that went "wrong" is because of not letting go? Is it karmic debt that burns in kundalini energy? 

I am now really at the good place, i am joining spirituality and everyday life, doing good meditation 20 min every day and sahaya yoga. 

I would read the Bonnie Greenwell book. She explored a lot of the kundalini herself in an experiential way and scientific way. AND she is also one of 10-20 people that Adyashanti asked to teach. So her book is very balanced. Not overly indulging in the spectacularness of experiences and also not overly inducing fear. Really a good practical read.

@meow_meow Yes, but isnt it inevitable for one to awaken? 

I am planning to do Kundalini yoga maybe 20 years from now, there is so much to learn and be aware off. People should have more respect to whole spiritual world, it is no joke to play with some things. I have learned that much. 

@Toby Thank you! 

@Dario1995 If you experience depersonalization, depression, and dark night of the soul before you start doing spirituality and then your spirituality basically cures it, it seems like you've already been through that process. You can also get troubles when you start merging with your subconscious mind, where you'll have to choose what to integrate and what to let go. But you're probably already done with the worst part.

@AtheisticNonduality 

Thank you for reply. 

Funny thing is that if now depersonalisation occurs, i would not suffer. I mean it would not be pleasant, but the law is that it is not permanent, and there is no constant commentator of experience in me that actually created suffering. Everything is volumed down somehow. 

The thing is now i cant even remember how is it like to suffer like that, because clearly, true I never suffered. Really. 

Nevertheless, I started my spiritual journey so immature, full of ego and a with a lot disrespect to it, I can see it now. But hey, this is what is it all about, maturing and growing. Now my goal is not directly enlightenment, but more preparing and opening for it.If it happens - great, if not - great. 

Sahaja yoga is a good safe way to activate kundalini, I like that you use it. There are many types of kundalini awakenings but only 1 of them feels good, I had that one because I followed my intuition and feeling, I can almost guarantee Adyashanti didn't. Life is very easy if we follow ourself (intuition/feeling), but when we don't life has to teach us all these lessons and it gets difficult :) Letting go is important too yes.

@Seraphim Yeah, it is really simple but powerful. And of course, environment can make a difference. If you are financialy stable and have someone to support you, it is easier to go trough stuff..

How long did it last for you? 

Some are luckier than others. That is how it is. 

15 hours ago, Dario1995 said:

After hearing how Adyashanti went trough 5 year that we would not wish for his worst enemy, it really struck me. It frightened me in a way i cannot explain. But i dont understand why he suffered so much. He was in spirituality 10 years before that, and surely he dissolved some of his ego. 

I mean, i am going trough ego dissolving process right now, and more it dissolves the more present I am. But it is not bad proces at all if you surrender.  Of course, i am not going trough kundalini awakening, but what is the difference? 

Bro Kundalini Awakening and all practices related to it ain't no joke, so be wary of the dangers involved in these practices plus I would recommend to only pursue any such practices under a real expert or guru who have lot and lots of years of experience.

The Kundalini awakening process is different for everyone and it's a very slow process cos it deals with the changes in both your body and the mind and also your experience changes a lot in normal life so to tweak yourself you need to do these practices only under expert supervision so you don't go misled during the process.

And moreover don't just quickly jump onto conclusions like ego dissolving or whatever like maybe someone didn't suffer much as you did, first things first everybody's journey is different way too different than you can think of so the priority first is to go through a lot of theory and eventually also starting with few beginner practices for further awakenings.

Consider this, nothing is clear when you have sloppy understanding about a subject matter which leads to confusion and infact it's good to be confused, that's the basis of pursuing understanding which means it's time to take profound actions leading to further substantial results.

Stay Blessed and Regards.

Edited by ajai
EGO IS GOOD IF IT'S MATURED AND BAD IF IT'S UNDER-DEVELOPED BUT OFF COURSE IT'S NOT EVIL THING TO GET RID OFF, IT'S ALL ABOUT NURTURING IT