Happy Jay

Hey Leo should i do psychoanalysis before psychedelics?

11 posts in this topic

Hey Leo, i am 22 years old and living in Azerbaijan.i am shy and insecure and don't have any special passion or desire in my life.it is probably because of my low self esteem and childhood traumas which are the result of my problematic relationships with my parents-a overprotective mother and a father with low self esteem . İ have watched minimum 100 of your videos since the last year but i have a inferiority complex ,so most of the time it was a motivation for several days ,because my idol Leo have said that,but i could't do any hard work anyways,because a side of mine  doesn't  want to do anything ,only surfing in instagram or youtube and reading something about psychedelics or psychoanalysis which can give me the hope ,that one day i can change.i have contemplated every day for the last 1,5 years and meditated for the last 1,3 years.but it didn't help so much and i suffered because i could't do it properly because of my tricky mind. I have contemplated about this issue -Why i can't change myself and what is the key point ,the deepest thing that i have to change in order to become more peachful in my life.i have realised that i don't have any free will, it is all subconsciousness and even our decisions and desires and passions are coming from there ,which means that all criticism is meaningless,if you are not doing this with the aim  affecting my subconscious mechanism and causing any movement or change in my life.But i am aware of that this thought can be used as manipulation from my ego-mind in order to make me more lazy,it is also a trap,i am trying stay aware. I have realized that even i am lucky with that realization that i can change myself and my perception if only i can change my subconscious mind because it is too strong and feeds itself,so we have to form a mechanism there which feeds itself upwards and get stronger and stronger.the only thing that we can do is that and the most important thing in order to find the happiness and truth.but i can't say when it will be the time for any change process it is random and it depends on your chance how fast it will feed itself or when you will get this insights that will lead you to the next step .1)what do you think about that?
I began with psychoanalysis 3 month ago,i have financial problems but at the same time in my head it is very hard for me to spend money for anything (you now probably what i mean ) so i have no access to psychedelics , alternatives that i have found are eye movement desensitization therapy and neurofeedback therapy , which are probably not available in my country. I am not sure if i am doing the right thing because after 1,5years i'll have access to all of them.2) But is it dangerous taking psychedelics without any purification work?
 I am not sure enough if i have to spend my money for psychoanalytic therapy.

Edited by Happy Jay

I'd recommend you start with weed before you do real psychedelics and see how it feels. 

6 minutes ago, Opo said:

I'd recommend you start with weed before you do real psychedelics and see how it feels. 

I have smoked it approximately 30-40 times

Edited by Happy Jay

@Opo This is likely not the best method, weed is not as safe as people think, it permanently rewires brain stucture from a single use, increasing stress and anxiatty for months. It takes months for the body to eliminate THC.  Read any study on THC. 

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?

@herghly THC also reduces brain cohesion, un-unifying the mind, reducing consciousness, good luck figuring this out against the grain of culture.  That "feeling dumb" afterwards symptom, its real. The brain needs to be rehabilitated afterwards to get back to normal. This is all from a single use. 

Edited by integral

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?

@Happy Jay No one can tell you what is right for you. You must experiment and find what works.

Personal development is all about doing research and testing stuff out. Don't expect anyone else to that for you. No therapist will do it for you. And I will not do it for you either.

If you are short on money, I would stay away from therapy and focus on doing your own research and lifting yourself up by your bootstraps. You can read books on any problem you have, like low self-esteem, which will tell you how to start fixing it.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

@Happy Jay No one can tell you what is right for you. You must experiment and find what works.

Personal development is all about doing research and testing stuff out. Don't expect anyone else to that for you. No therapist will do it for you. And I will not do it for you either.

If you are short on money, I would stay away from therapy and focus on doing your own research and lifting yourself up by your bootstraps. You can read books on any problem you have, like low self-esteem, which will tell you how to start fixing it.

Yes you are right,but to be honest i have read 3different books about self esteem and one of them was Nataniel Brandon's 6pillars of self-esteem. That's why i have mentioned the free will issue, my emotional baggage doesn't let me doing any stuff and this annoys me 

İ thought that i can handle it by myself may be after some years because the improvement is so slow at this point of my journey and of course i don't want to lose my time.that's why i am trying to do my best in order to make these changes more possible than it was. As i said before these videos and books can't influence so much as it can for other people with less emotional problems. Do you think it is worth spend my time -which i think can't work for years because my manipulative mind makes the changing process researching or openmindness almost impossible-instead of spending my money ?

@Happy Jay

Take a look at Teal Swan youtube channel. She has a lot of helpful, deep, on-point videos on psychology.

Doing self-inquiry/epistemological work is usually not appropriate if you are not psychologically healthy. And the best way to do it is cleansing your mind and your emotions/body. So the challenge is two-fold: do some journaling to explore your issues and analyze your psyche + do some therapeutic work on your emotions (Inner Child Work, Trauma Release Exercises, Parts Work or Gestalt Therapy, Chakra visualization, Shamanic Breathing, Emotional Vipassana, ecc.).  

Been on the healing journey for 5 committed years: traumas, deep wounds, negative beliefs, emotional blockages, internal fragmentation, blocked chakras, tight muscles, deep tensions, dysfunctional relationship dynamics. --> Check out my posts for info on how to heal:

https://www.actualized.org/forum/topic/82579-what-causes-anhedonia-how-can-it-be-cured/?page=2#comment-1167003

8 hours ago, herghly said:

@integral Link. I don't believe this at all.

https://www.labroots.com/trending/cannabis-sciences/3299/long-term-marijuana-rewires-brain-s-reward-circuits

This talks about rewiring and it looks like Leo was right about addiction. 

Didn't find anything about anxiety months after smoking, but I didnt try that hard. Because I think that anxiety is a good thing, it shows you your demons. 

7 hours ago, integral said:

@herghly THC also reduces brain cohesion, un-unifying the mind, reducing consciousness, good luck figuring this out against the grain of culture.  That "feeling dumb" afterwards symptom, its real. The brain needs to be rehabilitated afterwards to get back to normal. This is all from a single use. 

That is because you took too much. If you take the right dose it increases consciousness and you don't get that negative after effect. 

Here are few reasons why it's good. 

https://www.chicagotribune.com/marijuana/sns-tft-marijuana-makes-brain-plasticky-20190821-3cx3w3o63rfs3gt33uhllsw2hq-story.html

Weed definitely helped me to go from orange to green and it thought me a lot.

But after a while I felt that I got the message and weed became boring so I stopped and I haven't smoked in like two years. 

Maybe il smoke occasionally in the future but for now I don't see the point.

Edited by Opo

10 hours ago, integral said:

Long term THC usages reduces neuroplasticity but I haven't heard of any of the other things you mention. Any links to those studies?