Viking

is love a habit?

7 posts in this topic

• When i love someone (including myself), im willing to do things for them. it doesnt take mental effort, there's no resistance, i dont have to convince myself, im just sure 100% that i want to help them and there is no doubt.
  • On the other hand, when i dont love someone that much, there are some things that feel like too much effort, there's resistance to doing something. I can force myself to do them (for example to not feel bad for not doing them), but emotionally i dont want to.

So i started wondering, what is the difference between people I love and people I dont love? from the two points above, i deduced that the difference is the resistance. Meaning, that the natural state is love, and if you add resistance on top of it for whatever reason (survival, cultural ideas, baseless beliefs, desires), you love the person less. 

From this, i can induce that love in its general form (not related to loving humans) is not something, but rather the lack of resistance. We feel it as something, because all of our life is filled with resistance, so when there's something without it, it stands out, so we think it is something.

This conclusion could be strengthened by the life experience that sometimes the more you know a person, the more you can trust him, the less resistance you have towards him, so with time you love the person. 

so my question is, how do you love someone? in other words, how do you shed that resistance? it seems that i cant just let go of it, although sometimes i can.

Sharing a quote from Serapis Bey.

"Love is not a doing, but an allowing. Love is a relaxing into your true nature. Love is a joy of being. An acceptance of the right of all things to be. And a delight in the expression of all things as they enjoy their right to be. Once you allow yourself to sense this energy flowing through you, you will find that the flow will increase, and it will inevitably flow from your fields to everyone around you, changing how you deal with them, and they with you. One day, the dam will break and you will find your fields flooded with unconditional acceptance for everyone and everything."

True love is pure empty awareness, the packaging of all experience, the gift of the present. 

No words will do justice 

Edited by Dodo

🌟

🌟  Star ☀ Power 🌟

🌟

14 hours ago, Viking said:
  • When i love someone (including myself), im willing to do things for them. it doesnt take mental effort, there's no resistance, i dont have to convince myself, im just sure 100% that i want to help them and there is no doubt.
  • On the other hand, when i dont love someone that much, there are some things that feel like too much effort, there's resistance to doing something. I can force myself to do them (for example to not feel bad for not doing them), but emotionally i dont want to.

So i started wondering, what is the difference between people I love and people I dont love? from the two points above, i deduced that the difference is the resistance. Meaning, that the natural state is love, and if you add resistance on top of it for whatever reason (survival, cultural ideas, baseless beliefs, desires), you love the person less. 

That's all you need from a theoretical side of things. Anything else is just mental masturbation. Beautiful, man :)

What a dream, what a joke, love it   :x

23 hours ago, Viking said:

how do you shed that resistance?

There are as many uniquely relative paths to absolute unconditional love as there are people who left it. For you it seems the place to illuminate, is the apparent matter of trust. I would consider inspecting and dissecting the psychological resistance before contemplating the metaphysical resistance. You might look at when and how you learned trust, how experiences in regard to trust shaped how you view this experience of life. I’d also consider and think about how and why this is necessary, say, from being a baby through childhood. Then consider the role it plays beyond, and how helpful or not, and resonating or not, it truly is as a lens to keep. Excellent post / inquiry btw. Imo we should all be getting to the very bottom of our individuated apparent dichotomies of loving one another. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

23 hours ago, Viking said:

so my question is, how do you love someone? in other words, how do you shed that resistance? it seems that i cant just let go of it, although sometimes i can

There is no "how" to love someone. If you love them you love them because of a quality in them that attracted you. By you being a finite form that needs, to survive you cannot love everything or everyone because hating that stuff that threatened your survival is good for you. 

To try to "shed the resistance" is a resistance in itself.  Resistance can be a natural state. If you are feeling pain.. It's natural to feel resistant to it.. It's unnatural to try to resist the resistance. Although from other perspective that's Also natural because it IS.. Anything IS IS..let it be resistance.. Love.. Hate etc.  So the  "natural state" is not to love everything.. The natural state is whatever IS.. Even if it's an experience of hate or resistance. If it's happening.. It's" natural"(in a specific sense of the word) 

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho