Annoynymous

The Social Dilemma

8 posts in this topic

This new Netflix documentary film will change your entire view on companies like google, facebook, youtube, instragram etc. I was basically shocked seeing this documentary film as it shows how this big companies are using those who use this platforms as a purple cow and suck the hell out of it. We have basically become digital slaves without being aware of it - and it didn't happen by accident, their entire business platform makes sure this so that they can earn money. It's the  21st century digital version of cocaine except the fact that most people are not conscious of taking this drug.

Those who use these platform which I think most of the people here are, must see this documentary film to educate himself/herself about this dangerous phenomena happening right now. The only way you can unhook yourself from these "digital drug" is by taking the first step toward becoming aware about it. Also, besides education, this movie is good entertainment as well.

Loved this documentary! Suspended my social medial accounts right after I finished it. It's so crazy how unaware we are of the manipulations.

"There are only two industries that call their customers 'users': Illegal drugs and software" Edward Tufte

"There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so." Shakespeare

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCqtX3EPGsnmWjK76m5Vpbw

"Looking at what the leaders of these industries and platforms are doing should tell you something; non of them let their kids onto these platforms.  Platforms they themselves helped to create."

-paraphrasing

Edited by Matt23

"Just a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down"   --   Marry Poppins

Stage Orange devilry at its highest

I feel really bad for the generation growing up who’ve been exposed to this BS their whole lives. I hope by the time they’re adults they make moves to end these practices because they know first-hand how damaging they can be.

“All you need is Love” - John Lennon

This movie shows that one of the main reasons behind the division between political spectrum we see today in the world is facebook, google, youtube etc business model. Now a days the level of political polarization is very high and finding common ground is becoming harder and harder as they day goes by. People are subscribing more into conspiracy theories which I think should not be blamed upon digital platform alone but they significantly contributing to this problem.

You see the idea that you like the most and it gets multiplied by these platforms by their algorithms. Thus you seldom see opposing idea/ other point of view ,succumb more into your personal biases and it is hard to fall out of this.

Edited by Annoynymous

Guys, go watch this documentary. It's really good. 

Everyone is waiting for eternity but the Shaman asks: "how about today?"

Just saw it. Bit eerie 

But documentaries are usually like that I think - they move you with like fear and evil. 

Definitely a must watch though... makes you aware to issues you probably weren't before. Speaking of I may want to just start removing social media from my life or make some changes 

Edited by Jacob Morres