Dingo

Is lobbying devilry or a conscious carrier path?

8 posts in this topic

I've been thinking about Leo's conscious politics proposal to ban money from politics, legalized bribery, with the intent to make democracy more equal, one person one vote. Specifically, what implications does this really have in detail.
I'm 23yo, live in Europe and my life purpose involves a political change (specifically replacing the War on Drugs with a more compassionate and effective sets of policies). This implies that I want to pick a carrier path, which will help me achieve this goal in a healthy/ecological way (ideally win-win-win kind of thing). One of such opportunities, which lately crossed my mind is becoming a lobbyist.

Useful definitions related to lobbying...
noun: "a group of persons who work or conduct a campaign to influence members of a legislature to vote according to the group's special interest."
verb: "to solicit or try to influence the votes of members of a legislative body." or "to urge or procure the passage of (a bill), by lobbying."

From my personal experience, influenced heavily by stage green / hippie ideas, lobbying is most often associated with big and powerful corporations, which can afford to pay huge sums of money to lobby groups, who then try to influence the government in the corporate favor. The corporations are playing out survival in a self-biased way and the lobbyist are also thought of as just a tool, a pawn, that can be paid for to do the bidding - also very self-bias & survival, little global or spiral concern. It is possible for other interest groups to utilize lobbying to their benefit, but the general rule is: more money = more lobby influence.

1) What do you think about this understanding of lobbying? How would You analyze it?

It is important to note though, that this is the way lobbying works today (probably heavily influenced by the dominance of stage orange thinking). We can imagine, that the way lobbying is done today will evolve with time as we become more conscious and loving society. I can for example picture lobbyist not just as people accepting and propagating the ideas of others with the intention to generate a living (spiral tier 1), but as people concerned for the wellbeing of all groups in society, taking an ecological and integral perspective and being spiritually purified systemic thinkers (tier 2).
In this way, they could serve a vital role in democracy as being another way for the everyday person to engage in politics (lobbyist would go around and hear people out, do complex and creative problem solving and then offer voicing the idea to the government for a financial contribution (source of lobbyist's income - kind of like crowd funding for political solutions). This tier 2 example is far from today's reality, but since it is possible to imagine, it is possible to manifest ^_^.

2) What do you think about this idea of tier2 lobbying?
3) Do you think it could be a legitimate path I can take? Or is lobbying altogether doomed due to the inherent self-bias?
4) Are there other political carrier paths today, where it is more feasible to radiate love and consciousness?

PS: this is just one path I can see... personally I'm currently more inspired by the paths of people like Gandhi and MLK.

The deepest circle of Hell is reserved for lobbyists :P

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Lobbying is the same as poisoning humanity and the Ecosystem. 

Goodluck with Satan's career. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

Seriously though, you can certainly be involved in policy-making and advocacy in more healthy and conscious ways.

I will take a high-consciousness lobbyist over a low-consciousness lobbyist any day.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

You can become a congressional staffer, it's a viable career path for sure. Or maybe join some think-tank.

why removing fun parts.Only reason I become diplomat in first place.

Open all doors for you and you meet people.

Peeps so naive. It's a game and has to be played. 

Nobody cares and have time for being "concious". Even if they are they must accept. Like there is some option lol. 

Concious politics lol. Papi started getting involved. 

Conscience is killin me but I am just new. But hey that’s how all peeps are so back to that level again. Will get use 2 Beleive it or not grandpa helped me. 

Love my security job. 

Edited by zeroISinfinity

@datamonster  that is an interesting point.

I've recently read a similar positive lobbyism case in Czechia about a lobby group for alternative medicine voicing their concern about a new law, that would threaten future development of various alternative medicine towards being legitimized.

I view this as a key success for society although it was of course self-interest and self-survival of the lobby group, because the category of "alternative medicine" includes some techniques, which have already been proven to be very effective for promoting health, such as meditation, yoga, plant medicines and various holistic healing like holotropic breathwork.

I guess the key point here is, that lobbyism can bring various sub-groups together (competitors come together), when their survival is threatened. This can be especially important for fringe, alternative, niche, marginalized or demonized group of people/companies.
For example, having lobbyist for psychedelic therapy might actually be needed to push this healing technique into legitimacy. What do you think?