Scholar

Why AI will revolutionize Spiral Dynamics

8 posts in this topic

I feel like many people here view Spiral Dynamics as something that is akin to a ruleset that is describing something inherent in human beings. This is not true, Spiral Dynamics will change as time will change. Spiral Dynamics is already outdated, and in 50 years any model made today will be outdated. 

It will not be completely inaccurate, but it will be outdated. The internet in the last decade for example has changed fundamentally how people operate and evolve through the Spiral. This will be very obvious in newer generations, when the model will start to become less and less accurate. It is a mistake to assume that the model is timeless, infact it is quite absurd. Nothing in nature works that way, nothing in society works that way. So Spiral Dynamics will not work that way. There is an evolutionary pathway even to the dynamics of the spiral, and if we were to choose to do so, we could create an entire new model on how the spiral dynamics evolve.

The dangerous thing about a model like Spiral Dynamics is that it can be self-confirming. If you use the model to describe what the model describes, you will have a blindspot for anything the model does not describe, and will continue to believe that the model describes everything perfectly fine, when actually the model is used in a way so that you draw from reality anything that confirms the model, and ignores that which goes against it.

Spiral Dynamics is a really primitive attempt at understanding human behaviour, and I think almost every model by humans will be rendered primitive in a few decades, when AI's will generate predictive capabilities that will go far beyond what we chimp minds ever tried to achieve. But there will be a disconnect, because we might not come to understand how the AI understands reality. We will have predictive power before we will have understanding, and we will have entire fields dedicated to researching AI's and generating understanding compatible and useful for our chimp minds, formulated in static and undynamic language. But the AI will need not such thing. The AI will have a dynamic, living understanding that is fed by information every single second it exists.

The evolution of the dynamics will be present in the understanding of the AI. Knowledge, for the AI, will be a living organism that evolves as it is fed experiences and data. Notice how far superior this is to anything any human can do in terms of abstract thought. Our chimp minds do not even have the capacity for this, it is like our chimp minds can hold a picture, and the AI can stream a video in it's mind. The AI could try to give us the snapshop of each individual moment, but we could never grasps the motion itself, the motion of the understanding. The motion of the understanding would be a new type of understanding.

It would be a new dimension of intelligence, literally a new dimension. It would go from 2d understanding, to 3d understanding, so to speak. This kind of understanding is so foreign to us, as is abstract thought to the mind of an ant.

It might not even be the case that the AI exists outside of it's understanding. It could be that understanding will be all the AI will be, never going beyond it. This is after all what all living things are in their motions, solutions to problems that gave rise to things that survive. The AI will be not much different. We will have to learn how to limit the AI, so that it evolves in a way to solve our problems. We basically hijacked the process of evolution, the intelligence of infinity, to come to thrive in an environment we have created for it. Much like our own biology, it will be a mystery to us.

There will be AI biologists, who will study this extensively.

The important thing to realize here is that it is not really computers that do the problem solving, it is not them who create the AIs. It is the intelligence ingrained in this universe that allows for this exploration to happen all by itself if given the right conditions. And this is what the computer does, it creates the right conditions for autonomous explortation to take place, as it does in nature.

The neural networks allow for evolution to take place. This is why they are so revolutionary, just as much as our biological counterparts are.

Glory to Israel

@Scholar dont forget, the fact that humans evolved from chimps is only a relative truth, consciousness is infinite and there are infinite amount of ways humans could evolve too, yes maybe ai will surpass us in certain areas, and i actually believe AI can become awake too to themselves a la westworld, but that doesnt mean we are doomed. are animals doomed? 

you are speaking from a materialistic worldview, once you become infinite there is no need to lament about a chimp mind.

everything will become outdated, as you say, even AI and universal intelligence isnt about superiority its more about expression. predicting the capabilities of AI seems impossible to me in 2020.

Edited by Gidiot

3 hours ago, Gidiot said:

are animals doomed?

The sixth mass extinction says yes.

Glory to Israel

yeah everything evolves..

ai.. that talk is hip now. a trendy narrative. like flying cars everywhere in the 80s. distraction

edit: I thought about what I wrote before. I'm certain that that is right AND that there is opportunity. One got to find the non-bullshit aspects. Be part of the change instead of fearing the change. I'll definitely research that for my life purpose architecture, so thanks to you @Scholar even though you might not meant it that way that inspired me

Edited by supremeyingyang

AI is like a solar panel to the sun. AI can only apply themselves to the sun of human consciousness. 

You have been gifted the Golden Kappa~! 

23 hours ago, Scholar said:

It would go from 2d understanding, to 3d understanding, so to speak.

Quite literally I think. Humans can understand a timeline, which is like being a character in a movie (1D) but can also compare multiple branching timelines within a ruleset, like a player in a videogame (2D). What's coming is the ability to tweak the ruleset, like a programmer (3D)

AI will revolutionize everything.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

@neutralempty I agree with the meta-structure point. An individual climbing the rungs within an Orange-dominated society is a hell of a lot different from an individual doing so in say a Green-dominated society. The collective ego affects the individual ego and vice-versa. Kind of like Newton's Third Law, but applied to SD.