Tim R

Aggravating Ignorance

7 posts in this topic

I've tried to explain certain very, very basic ideas like "a word is not that what it stands for" or "your values are your own, subjective ideas" or "there is no objective right or wrong" to people I love, mainly to my family. They are however incredibly stuck in their materialist, illusionary, reductionist, and rationalist (even if they oftentimes aren't rational at all) worldview. I can't share any "advanced" philosophical ideas with them and more and more I feel misunderstood and excluded.

To the very, very few good friends I have (they are into spirituality, science and so forth) I also can't properly present some of my visions and ideas which require a huge interconnected web of spirituality, politics, science, philosophy etc. It's just... I feel the misunderstanding and intellectual exclusivity has grown to such immense size that I just fear to become this one seemingly crazy, slightly passive-aggressive loner who thinks he knows better than everybody else. I am very wary of intellectual hybris, although I feel this is to a certain extent one of the traits of a mainly stage Yellow person.

This is utterly nerve-racking and I get irritated. It's getting lonely.

Help?:)

Can't really help. But, hei!

Welcome!

You're not alone. I am just focusing now on manifesting people in my life with similar perspectives. Nothing so far. I'll let you know when they arrive

Sounds like you're struggling with the need for external validation. The idea that words are just pointers is very basic, I know many in stage orange that believe this to be true. 2 thoughts:

1. You're trying to share things with these people that aren't for sharing, but are for internal integration. This is taking away from your self-actualization and feeding theirs. You need to create clear boundaries between you and others, or you'll fall into the trap of, "But I am him so I need to convince him".
2. Do some research on narcissism. Lower stages of the spiral are characteristically more narcissistic than higher stages (i.e. their circle of concern is smaller). It may seem counter-intuitive, but the need to convince them indicates that you're taking their positions personally.

Easier said than done, but if you can frame the idea in a way that's uses some aspect of thier own worldview, you'll have more success.

Just off the top of my head, the current Pope, Pope Francis, has been masterful in framing progressive ideals such egalitarianism and environmentalism in a way that religious people can find palatable (ie God gave this world to us, and we have moral duty not to let climate change and pollution destroy this gift from our Creator).

I'm writing a philosophy book! Check it out at : https://7provtruths.org/

People are so walled off it's impossible to break through the bricks... You can either get real manipulative and plant lots of cunning seeds that will initiate reflection, or just let it be and let your observations of them guide you on your own journey. Or both. Or neither! Have fun ?

Check out my lucid dreaming anthology series, Stars of Clay  

You gotta speak their language

The Qu'ran had to describe heaven as "being with 72 virgins" lol

If your approach is too harsh their ego will not tolerate it and go self-defense mode

"God is not a conclusion, it is a sudden revelation. When you see a rose it is not that you go through a logical solipsism, 'This is a rose, and roses are beautiful, so this must be beautiful.' The moment you see it, the head stops running thoughts. On the contrary, your heart starts running. It is something totally different from the idea of truth." -Osho