narkuser

Is DMSA a supplement or a drug?

95 posts in this topic

OK so I was looking for how to get this chemical and some google results poped up, where this is sold as a supplement

Is any of you aware if this can be considered a supplement, and not a drug?

(If this was a supplement, we could talk about if these places where I see it being sold, may be trustworthy sources or not. Im aware its against forum guidelines to talk about sources for prescription drugs)

(Im considering using it for heavy metal detox obviously, after I get tested. I ask about how to DIY this thing, because where I live I cant seem to find doctors that offer this kind of chelation treatment, specially at a price that is affordable for me.)

Yes, you can and basically should DIY chelation, since virtually no doctor knows how to do it for you. Only you can do it effectively yourself.

Follow the Andy Cutler protocol.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Just now, Leo Gura said:

Yes, you can and basically should DIY chelation, since almost no doctor know how to do it for you.

OK thanks for that resource too! The "guru" I was following so far was Dr Mark Hyman but I will look into that one too.

By the way, I'm curious if chelation improved your energy in your particular case. I'm also trying to improve my chronic fatigue.

@narkuser It's too early to fully tell, but I've been having some great success with it lately. Unbelievable improvements, actually.

And I am currently testing out new chelation protocols which might be a game-changer.

I will share my discoveries at some point in the future, so stay tuned. This is amazing stuff.

I'm really glad it's working for you and it gives me hope. I spent last night studiying the protocol you suggested, and now I'm going to order ALA and DMSA. Let's see how it goes.

Edited by narkuser

You can order ALA simply on Amazon.

@Leo Gura I see testing does not accurately represent your toxicity levels, so do they have any relevance? Should one just start doing these protocols without knowing if they have heavy metal toxicity? I think it would be beneficial anyways because there's a lot of ways heavy metals get inside our body in microscopic amounts that have a cummulative effect overtime. I read that they can even get passed on during pregnancy. 

On 9/5/2020 at 3:19 PM, Leo Gura said:

Yes, you can and basically should DIY chelation, since virtually no doctor knows how to do it for you. Only you can do it effectively yourself.

Yep. This is the only way. But if one does ALA for mercury and lead it’s kinda dangerous as one must literally take it every 3 hours at the least often (for about a week straight and then at most a week break otherwise it’ll take an insanely long time) and that includes through the night. And it takes years.

Though I didn’t do it for years — just 6 months or so. I honestly think it helped a lot. Basically no health issues to speak of now and yet I’ve been diagnosed with narcolepsy in the past.

and btw those 6 months were basically straight with no break. DMSA and ALA. Had to take so much molybdenum and zinc all throughout the day to keep copper down.

Edited by The0Self

1 hour ago, JonasVE12 said:

@Leo Gura I see testing does not accurately represent your toxicity levels, so do they have any relevance? Should one just start doing these protocols without knowing if they have heavy metal toxicity? I think it would be beneficial anyways because there's a lot of ways heavy metals get inside our body in microscopic amounts that have a cummulative effect overtime. I read that they can even get passed on during pregnancy. 

I think the best way to tell if you’re toxic is not the lab tests. Rather, it is feeling into just how whack ingesting 1-10mg of ALA makes you feel, lol. It’ll move stuff around since it has a double thiol group and since it’s lipid soluble and bbb permeable, it’ll create significant psychological effects. These metals, especially along with polyunsaturated fat, serotonin, and estrogen can wreck the thyroid among other things.

2 hours ago, The0Self said:

and btw those 6 months were basically straight with no break. 

Very interesting. Reading the Andy Cutler stuff I saw that they allow you to make rounds "as long as you can tolerate". So I will consider something like that to accelerate it.

Good to hear that it worked well for you too.

21 minutes ago, narkuser said:

Very interesting. Reading the Andy Cutler stuff I saw that they allow you to make rounds "as long as you can tolerate". So I will consider something like that to accelerate it.

Good to hear that it worked well for you too.

Thank you.

What also helped was eating a diet style discussed often on raypeatforum.com

Basically minimizing: polyunsaturated fat, iron, fiber, endotoxin, serotonin/tryptophan, estrogen, phosphate to calcium ratio.

And maximizing: metabolic rate, T4->T3 conversion.

8 hours ago, JonasVE12 said:

@Leo Gura I see testing does not accurately represent your toxicity levels, so do they have any relevance?

You must do a provocation test by consuming a proper amount of DMSA and ALA during the test. This will give you some idea of how much you are excreting.

7 hours ago, The0Self said:

Yep. This is the only way. But if one does ALA for mercury and lead it’s kinda dangerous as one must literally take it every 3 hours at the least often (for about a week straight)

Not a week straight but 3 days, yes.

Yes it could take a year or two to fully detox depending on how severe your toxicity is. But you can feel improvements much sooner than that.

If you feel improvements then it'a worth it.

8 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

You must do a provocation test by consuming a proper amount of DMSA and ALA during the test. This will give you some idea of how much you are excreting.

Not a week straight but 3 days, yes.

Yes it could take a year or two to fully detox depending on how severe your toxicity is. But you can feel improvements much sooner than that.

If you feel improvements then it'a worth it.

I did ALA and DMSA for 6 months straight. Maybe one or two 3-day breaks. Seemed to cure my narcolepsy or at least make it manageable. Highly recommend doing a long stint like that as it went by pretty quickly and the main potential damage is done at the tail end of a round. Just make sure you take molybdenum and zinc around the clock if you’re using ALA, otherwise your copper will be sky high.

I have a root canal done by filling gutta percha and have few tooths cavity filled with same substance. Do i need to remove that before using the chelation. I read somewhere gutta percha may contain traces of mercury salts and cadmium.

I will be waiting here, For your silence to break, For your soul to shake,              For your love to wake! Rumi

15 minutes ago, Harikrishnan said:

I have a root canal done by filling gutta percha and have few tooths cavity filled with same substance. Do i need to remove that before using the chelation. I read somewhere gutta percha may contain traces of mercury salts and cadmium.

You MUST remove all mercury-containing fillings before starting chelation. Don’t listen to us, go research Andy Cutler.

1 hour ago, The0Self said:

You MUST remove all mercury-containing fillings before starting chelation. Don’t listen to us, go research Andy Cutler.

Its not like mercury amalgams. Only some sites says about gutta percha containing mercury. Do you know any alternative for these fillings that doesnt have any metals?

I will be waiting here, For your silence to break, For your soul to shake,              For your love to wake! Rumi