Tim R

The impossible is impossible

32 posts in this topic

We say conventionally about something:  "this is impossible!!"

Now here's the joke:   there can't be anything impossible, because it would be impossible!! 

Literally NOTHING is impossible...

This just struck me... It might seem very obvious to some of you, but as you (should) know, nothing is ever obvious. The impossible can't be, because it would literally be impossible... That's so messed up, love it!xDxD 

? 

Nothing that exists is impossible.

Nothing that's impossible exists.

@Spaceofawareness Yes. How could it? It would literally be impossible.

You see, there CAN'T BE something impossible in the first place, because that would make it something possible. 

And therefore everything that is, is the Possible with a capital P:D

This is so glaringly obvious and simple... Guess Leo was right after all about infinity oh boy:D

Nothingness, as formless awareness, is impossible, therefore it doesn't exist. Consciousness can not not be because it never existed in the first place. It all makes sense now.

7 hours ago, gswva said:

Nothingness, as formless awareness, is impossible, therefore it doesn't exist. Consciousness can not not be because it never existed in the first place. It all makes sense now.

@gswva Nope, you got it slightly mixed up^_^

Nothingness is the ONLY thing that exists, it's the only possible thing.

Non-existence can't exist (by definition).

Consciousness exists as the only thing that exists, because it IS everything.

Don't just build a theoretical philosophy out of these kind of statements (or out of anything that you hear from Leo or anyone else) it's not in the least bit useful.

I love how mindbending this is. Definitely deserves a place at the strange-loops mega thread :)

2 hours ago, EmptyVase said:

Definitely deserves a place at the strange-loops mega thread :)

-_-

Everything that can be, is.

Everything that cannot be, is not.

:P

7 minutes ago, peachboy said:

Unconsciousness is impossible.

Might as well say nothing is impossible, since unconsciousness ain't even a thing. You're talking about nothing.

"God is not a conclusion, it is a sudden revelation. When you see a rose it is not that you go through a logical solipsism, "This is a rose, and roses are beautiful, so this must be beautiful." The moment you see it, the head stops spinning thoughts. On the contrary, your heart starts beating faster. It is something totally different from the idea of truth." -Osho

2 minutes ago, Fran11 said:

Everything that can be, is.

Everything that cannot be, is not.

:P

Good thing there's only one possible candidate...  ? 

Such a great insight, I love it

I feel stupid for not understanding this cause it's so simple

"God is not a conclusion, it is a sudden revelation. When you see a rose it is not that you go through a logical solipsism, "This is a rose, and roses are beautiful, so this must be beautiful." The moment you see it, the head stops spinning thoughts. On the contrary, your heart starts beating faster. It is something totally different from the idea of truth." -Osho

Just now, Osaid said:

Such a great insight, I love it

I feel stupid for not understanding this cause it's so simple

It's essentially the inversion of Jed McKenna's diamond bullet: "Truth exists." --> Eliminate the false, and only truth remains.

If it's false, it's impossible (and v.v.): "Falsehood does not exist." --> Eliminate the impossible, and only the possible remains.

Same thing.

In short, it's a bomb, if you know how to use it. Set it off and it destroys the universe.

11 hours ago, Tim R said:

Literally NOTHING is impossible...

Two parallel lines can’t intersect in any point in a plane/flat surface … because that is the impossible.

Can you draw a triangle (in a euclidean space) where the sum of its angles is more or less than 180 degrees? That is what we call (the impossible) my friend.

everything else is possible ... you can start floating in the air right now ... that is completely possible. 

9 minutes ago, Fadl said:

Two parallel lines can’t intersect in any point in a plane/flat surface

10 minutes ago, Fadl said:

Can you draw a triangle (in a euclidean space) where the sum of its angles is more or less than 180 degrees?

Those are not things, since they are impossible. Just words and scenarios in your head. Hence, nothing is impossible.

3 minutes ago, Fadl said:

Two parallel lines can’t intersect in any point in a plane/flat surface … because that is the impossible.

Can you draw a triangle (in a euclidean space) where the sum of its angles is more or less than 180 degrees? That is what we call (the impossible) my friend.

everything else is possible ... you can start floating in the air right now ... that is completely possible. 

No, you haven't understood. It is way simpler than that.

To ask me to draw a triangle which is not a triangle (can you see how the question itself is meaningless?)

1. makes no sense whatsoever because it's contradicting itself 

2. doesn't disprove my point

My point is, that nothing is impossible. Why? 

Because the definition of "something impossible" is: that it can't exist (just like the triangle that you asked me to draw)

Such a triangle obviously doesn't exist. because it can't exist.

Anything which would be impossible could therefore not exist, ever.

Which is the exact same thing as saying: nothing is impossible. 

Everything (and I literally mean everything) is possible, otherwise it wouldn't be.

Which is also the exact same thing as saying: everything is possible.

2 hours ago, Osaid said:

Those are not things, since they are impossible. Just words and scenarios in your head. Hence, nothing is impossible.

2 hours ago, Tim R said:

No, you haven't understood. It is way simpler than that.

To ask me to draw a triangle which is not a triangle (can you see how the question itself is meaningless?)

1. makes no sense whatsoever because it's contradicting itself 

2. doesn't disprove my point

My point is, that nothing is impossible. Why? 

Because the definition of "something impossible" is: that it can't exist (just like the triangle that you asked me to draw)

Such a triangle obviously doesn't exist. because it can't exist.

Anything which would be impossible could therefore not exist, ever.

Which is the exact same thing as saying: nothing is impossible. 

Everything (and I literally mean everything) is possible, otherwise it wouldn't be.

Which is also the exact same thing as saying: everything is possible.

I agree, that was my point, maybe I didn´t understand you maybe you didn´t understand me ... 

The impossible is something that can’t exist, ever.

The impossible exist as an idea (and that is important because it acts like a reference point for us), and reference points do exist in our reality, so the impossible exist as an idea, and it is important.

An atheist who denies God, simply doesn’t know/understand that it is I possible not to have a God.

@Tim R life as Tim R is possible. Thats why in infinity Tim R will exist many times, every life will be lived infinity times ?

🌟

🌟  The  🌟 Logos 🌟

🌟