Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Neo

My Take On The "psychedelic Videos" ;)

28 posts in this topic

At first I was a little bit shocked to see Leo's videos on psychedelics. I watched them in reverse order because that's how I found them in my mailbox so I got the full instructions first and then Leo's experience and reasoning in the first video afterwards. I think the reason for being shocked is if you've been following Leo for some time, you know he is right at the top of his game as regards improving your life in nearly every direction.

I think I can't be the only one who knows a few people who's life is completely down the pan because of various drugs of differing types and my other half's work revolves partly around this, helping people, and some of these people are embroiled in a life long struggle they will never get over. One of her clients even decided to jump off a tall building to end the addiction and now lives with no legs, addiction, plus now waits for his daily meds which he is also addicted to.

Now, I'm not a prude when it comes to drugs and have tried most except the most dangerous, plus I've never tried LSD or mushrooms. However, most of the time I spent taking drugs was the same reason I took alcohol, and that was to self medicate, or try to escape my head as if I could just set myself free of the "hell."

I did some drugs in a really bad way, setting my heart thumping, not sleeping for days, even had a conversation with this really nice guy sat in my room, and when he got up and left, I realised it was another me, chatting to me.

The real reason though that I couldn't really try shrooms though, is not all what I just said, or that I'm too afraid, but simply that my other half of 12 years who I love very much would not agree to it and would be scared. And I love her and understand how she would feel.

I'll interject here with a random thought that my business attached through a door to my house has a large number of deadly chemicals, and the thought occurred to me, Leo said get all the dangerous shit out the way - impossible for me. Was he really going to eat that stuff he found on the bathroom floor? :0 hehe

Any way, I digress.

I think what Leo does is attack his subject from every angle. He truly wants to free people's minds. Leo - correct me if I'm wrong. He comes in sometimes to the exact same conclusion but using either different techniques, but sometimes a completely different reference point. And to me, the psychedelic videos, is another point from which he can try to free people.

I'm still starting out, and when I was last on the forum a few months ago, someone said to make sure you are in a good place when you start this meditation seriously, and I was right in the middle of a big house move. So I have moved now, no excuses. Shan't be doing LSD just yet though. :) hehe

I hate to speak about drugs but Leo said these substances will never make you enlightenment. Just you gonna use them for the sake of motivation.So no need for use them

I believe that this kind of motivation takes you away from Enlightenment. I really did not like these videos. I believe they are not needed.

That's right. In his awareness video he said that 'mushrooms and LSDs won't help you.'

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

I doubt I ever will

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

If this person close to you also didn't like mediation would you drop your effort to find happiness? Remember that there is no guarantee for anything being accomplished with the work that you are doing. How can you try one but not the other? Psychedelics may open you up to the possibility that you have no idea how truly closed minded you are about everything. It can give you a good ego check and the knowing that there are are things beyond what happens to you everyday in your life experience is an amazing thing to be able to come to terms with. How can you possibly know what you don't know if you don't know that there is something to know?

2 hours ago, How to be wise said:

In his awareness video he [Leo] said that 'mushrooms and LSDs won't help you.'

41 minutes ago, How to be wise said:

I doubt I ever will [do psychedelics]

Why do you think Leo has changed his mind after that video? Don't you think that generally people have more accurate opinions of things when they have more knowledge of them? Don't you think that first hand experience gives you more accurate information than hearsay? If you do, why is psychedelics the subject of exception, why do you think that opinions about psychedelics are more accurate when they are based on hearsay rather than first-hand experience? What do you think about the positive results from scientific study of psychedelics, for example http://www.sciencealert.com/scientists-think-this-seemingly-unlikely-drug-might-one-day-be-used-to-help-tackle-depression?

8 hours ago, Sultan said:

@ttm @How to be wise Look I will wait for a year to see if Leo mind still OK or not.Then I am gonna think about it (Leo is gonna be a good sample)

There's no reason why you couldn't think about my questions right away. My message was not "you should take psychedelics" but "you shouldn't have so strong opinions about things you have no knowledge of". It's always good to ask "are my opinions grounded in reality". If opinions are very strict, it's often a sign that they are based on emotions.

@ttm Look I watched both of the two videos but in my mind I have big red line that I wont across it (emotions) and one of them is drugs.

You know my country is very strict about all kinds of drugs Even light varieties 

17 minutes ago, Sultan said:

@ttm in my mind I have big red line that I wont across it (emotions) and one of them is drugs.

Yes, I know exactly. And how liberating it is to get rid of every red line in your mind.

19 minutes ago, Sultan said:

You know my country is very strict about all kinds of drugs Even light varieties 

Yes, and the demonization of drugs and dehumanization of drug users is a worldwide issue. It does not mean though that you couldn't liberate your mind without starting to use anything or even speaking about it publicly. I think that even your country is not strict about having no opinions at all about unknown things. What consequences do you think there would be if you went to public saying "I really don't have enough knowledge about drugs to form an informed opinion" instead of "drugs are bad, mmmmkayyyy?"

@ttm I am with you I should liberating myself form any red line in my mind but In your opinion of the government allow use drugs. Is that gonna be a good progress for the society   

20 minutes ago, Sultan said:

@ttm In your opinion of the government allow use drugs. Is that gonna be a good progress for the society   

That's a whole another issue, but there is a good evidence from countries that decriminalization of drug usage is overall harm reductive policy.

And it is obvious that it's against human rights to punish from a victimless crimes.

Edited by ttm

@ttm I added these two articles to my favorite I am gonna read them later nice talking :)

It's not my intention to create a divide with this thread although it clearly is something that people have differing opinions on. However, Leo's videos begin with a strong Warning to people. So you could ask, why does Leo promote radical open-mindedness while at the same time putting a warning on his video?

The answer I believe, is that you don't walk really close to the edge of a cliff on a windy day, and say "hey! I'm practicing radical open-mindedness!" and wait to be blown off the edge. I think, if we ask Leo, and Leo feel free to chip in, but I'm sure he would say, "sure there's people out there who, on their journey, currently, are rapidly addicted to just about anything to the point of self destruction." I don't mind raising my hand to say I might be one of those people. That's why I posted.

There are some more subtleties to the argument too. While you may be developing the ability to question everything, no one is suggesting there is a conspiracy by governments to withhold drugs. Leo isn't saying it's the key to enlightenment. And it isn't without risk that Leo made the videos, following his normal modus operandi. But with some of us hanging on his every word, after all, he is the guru right? :) So there it is.

9 hours ago, Neo said:

However, Leo's videos begin with a strong Warning to people. So you could ask, why does Leo promote radical open-mindedness while at the same time putting a warning on his video?

@Neo In what way is this a contradiction? 

32 minutes ago, Wouter said:

@Neo In what way is this a contradiction? 

Open the mind, let go completely, accept, surrender - oh, but "warning".

Open the mind != accept.. Open the mind means actually "open your mind to the possibility that.."

So in this case: "open your mind by considering without preconceptions that having a psychedelic experience can show demonstrate what is possible with the mind" and also "open your mind to the possibility that such powerfull substances can have a negative influence if x or y or z"

This is not a contradiction at all.

@Neo  i think the warning is to make sure people Watch the whole vídeo and pay close attention, to prevent as much as possible people blindly taking some drugs.

He could have had the same warning in the removing "should statements" video except people are less likely to get overly excited about removing shoulds than about taking drugs :P