Jennjenn

Policing is hard... sometimes

13 posts in this topic

We have talked about policing been a hard job. But why does it become easier when it is a white male with a gun. 
At the 2 min mark we see this white teenager with a huge gun pass by police officers and ZERO shots were fired. Why is it easier to police white armed men, but it is SO HARD and nerve wracking to police unarmed black males. 
https://www.tmz.com/2020/08/26/kenosha-shooting-2-dead-1-injured-jacob-blake-protest-police-blm/

Edited by Jennjenn

5 minutes ago, Jennjenn said:

We have talked about policing been a hard job. But why does it become easier when it is a white male with a gun. 
At the 2 min mark we see this white teenager with a huge gun pass by police officers and ZERO shots were fired. Why is it easier to police white armed men, but it is SO HARD and nerve wracking to police unarmed black males. 
https://www.tmz.com/2020/08/26/kenosha-shooting-2-dead-1-injured-jacob-blake-protest-police-blm/

I guess because the boy does not want to kill the police but supports them plus the boy tries to do the job that the cops are not allowed to do Imho.

I think a bit part that's getting overlooked is that it's too easy to become a cop, especially in the states. The training is too easy and too short. There isn't enough vigorous screening happening. Of course racist culture, stereotyping, etc exist and play into it quite a bit, but a lot of these incidents happen because of pure incompetence and inexperience.

You shouldn't be allowed to even APPLY to the police force until you're at MINIMUM 28 or 30 years old in my opinion, with some kind of career background in a related field and extensive experience dealing with emergency situations. 25 year old hot heads with no life experience need not apply.

Think about it, you need to train 8-10 years for some medical professions just to be given the chance to HEAL and SAVE peoples lives, but only are required a tiny fraction of that investment before you're handed the tremendous power and authority to be able to TAKE a life as a police officer.

Something is backwards and fucked up here.

Edited by Roy

hrhrhtewgfegege

1 minute ago, Jennjenn said:

@Epikur police can assume all that just by him walking by. Wow 

I guess they know what is going on on the street. He was capitulating he was giving himself in. I would have assumed that myself I guess.

You can guess who is a threat and who is not by his behaviour.

26 minutes ago, Epikur said:

I guess they know what is going on on the street. He was capitulating he was giving himself in. I would have assumed that myself I guess.

You can guess who is a threat and who is not by his behaviour.

3768BADD-8090-4CC2-A7ED-9283843BFAAE.jpeg

@Jennjenn

Well he obviously didn't resist and complied with orders. That is a good start I guess. Resisting police is a bad idea in many cases in the US.

@Roy barely any training. And I know for a fact ( a friend of mine is a police man) they teach them stereotyping and racial profiling to stop people 

@Jennjenn In this particular case the police where actively supporting this white militia group. They were basically working together to coral protesters, which is nuts.

I think all open carry should be illegal.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Example of policing being hard

"Buddhism is for losers and those who will die one day."

-- Kenneth Folk

4 hours ago, Enlightenment said:

Example of policing being hard

Don't they have those spikes they can lay out on the road to blow out his tires?

Seems nuts to put your car in front like that.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

5 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

@Jennjenn I think all open carry should be illegal.

Especially 16 year olds with rifles lol

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

Reminds me of how the platonic ideal for socially conservative people in America, Ronald Reagan, started pushing for an end to open carry laws as the governor of California after Black Panthers started showing up in public spaces with rifles slung across thier backs.

Anyone who denies that the ability to carry a gun in America isn't a privelege of race and socioeconomic status is deluding themselves. 

Edited by DocWatts
Grammar

I'm writing a philosophy book! Check it out at : https://7provtruths.org/