Elshaddai

Why is survival so effing brutal and difficult?

12 posts in this topic

Why can't it be love, rainbows, butterflies and sunshine and free candy forever mannnnnn:P

But on a serious note, I've been thinking about this question alot. Why can't survival be an easy and pleasurable affair as opposed to being hard and grueling?

Imagine watching a movie where everything is so easy for the characters. That’d be so freaking BO-RINGGG

I can only hope that Leo sees this and gives his thoughts on this one!

To give my own oppinion,maybe Jesus Christ's teachings about Adam and Eve's ancestral sin could be a answer! I am a Christian and i am biased but maybe God's will is for alive beings to experience duality! Both suffering&hardship and bliss&well being!And any kind of little bliss state must be hard earned!I don't take Christian teachings litteraly but rather as metaphors for spiritual understanding! Maybe that is God's will and that the reality we experience must be this way! Without only rainbows and butterflies!

Because it isn't true.

So you are constantly fighting against Infinity.

It is as if you are trying to dig a hole in the middle of the Pacific ocean.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

I view Earth as a giant MMORPG I call ”Earth School.” Every player has their own individualized game in this MMORPG. Earth School has a tough learning curve, and even worse, few realize it is only game and their character isn't really them, it's only a character in the game. People who realize their role in the game don't always fare well (Gandhi, Jesus, etc.) but they often get posthumous recognition. Once I started viewing life as a game, I gradually started taking it much less seriously. I have no urge to leave this adventure, but it’s not what I would consider “the real world.”

7 hours ago, Elshaddai said:

Why can't it be love, rainbows, butterflies and sunshine and free candy forever mannnnnn:P

But on a serious note, I've been thinking about this question alot. Why can't survival be an easy and pleasurable affair as opposed to being hard and grueling?

You got to embrace the struggle. You got to embrace the grind. It takes a mature taste to soak in the earthly existence. I like it. It's a vibe. The Earthly life. 

Love life and your Health, INFJ Visionary

23 hours ago, blankisomeone said:

Imagine watching a movie where everything is so easy for the characters. That’d be so freaking BO-RINGGG

Well where is this producer, I can give him tips on making it more interesting ;)

23 hours ago, Dany Balan said:

To give my own oppinion,maybe Jesus Christ's teachings about Adam and Eve's ancestral sin could be a answer! I am a Christian and i am biased but maybe God's will is for alive beings to experience duality! Both suffering&hardship and bliss&well being!And any kind of little bliss state must be hard earned!I don't take Christian teachings litteraly but rather as metaphors for spiritual understanding! Maybe that is God's will and that the reality we experience must be this way! Without only rainbows and butterflies!

While original sin is a good concept to explain the cruel and selfish behavior of humans I don't really believe in the bible portrayal of god as true.

I find it very practical to believe in original sin when people around me do selfish things and makes me more forgiving of them.

"Forgive them father for they know not what they do" kind of feeling.

22 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Because it isn't true.

So you are constantly fighting against Infinity.

It is as if you are trying to dig a hole in the middle of the Pacific ocean.

I'm assuming when you mean infinity you mean death? Are you saying that struggling for survival and staying alive is metaphysically false and death is the truth? This is why I wish I had an ego death would it be the answer to my questions?

18 hours ago, Nobody_Here said:

I view Earth as a giant MMORPG I call ”Earth School.” Every player has their own individualized game in this MMORPG. Earth School has a tough learning curve, and even worse, few realize it is only game and their character isn't really them, it's only a character in the game. People who realize their role in the game don't always fare well (Gandhi, Jesus, etc.) but they often get posthumous recognition. Once I started viewing life as a game, I gradually started taking it much less seriously. I have no urge to leave this adventure, but it’s not what I would consider “the real world.”

I see what you mean but iv'e yet to realize my character isn't me. If you don't consider this human life to be the "real world" then what is?

16 hours ago, diamondpenguin said:

You got to embrace the struggle. You got to embrace the grind. It takes a mature taste to soak in the earthly existence. I like it. It's a vibe. The Earthly life. 

Sounds alot like nietzsche's view on life which is very empowering, but definitely not easy to always embody.

Eventually, even rainbow and butterflies can't please your soul. You will still suffer, and where there is suffering there is growth. Even when all of your needs is met, you still can't escape evolution.

On 24.8.2020 at 10:21 PM, VerballyHazardous said:

Eventually, even rainbow and butterflies can't please your soul. You will still suffer, and where there is suffering there is growth. Even when all of your needs is met, you still can't escape evolution.

This is very similar to schopenhauer's teaching on the will to live which I think is spot on. You really can't escape evolution and humans are in a constant state of ceaseless striving, which creates suffering.

The trick is to embrace it I guess.

On 24/08/2020 at 4:54 AM, Elshaddai said:

Because whatever ever is finite and limited will always be faced with some degree of struggle. That is the function of being limited, things will threaten you. Only that which is beyond limitation can be free of struggle.

Survival would be much easier if their was no self which one identifies with on behalf of it. It would then just be a pure activity of consciousness.

Edited by Jacobsrw