dyslexicCnut

Justifying The Unpleasant Nature Of Reality

44 posts in this topic

20 minutes ago, traveler said:

You can call it whatever you want but it is not the words. The words are pointers. The person lives in the psychic world of pointers. It is like saying that a cup is actually the appearance of the cup, it isn't. The actual appearance of the cup is unknowable, it is just what it is, we can call it an elephant, a windmill, a turd, nothing actually touches the actuality of the cup because there is no actual separation in which it is solid and real and is bound to anything, everything is just what it is.

this is clear explaination.

20 minutes ago, traveler said:

It is not realized by anyone. There is nothing to realize because there is not two, already. Now you'll try to realize that.

But didn't you say that "it is realized". So why did you say that for? Why are you contradicting yourself?

Can you expand a little further on death? 

21 minutes ago, traveler said:

No, I'm just describing what seems to happen in the dream. What I'm pointing to is simple, there is no one here trying to convince you of anything. It can not be gotten, because trying to get it, is in the way.

How do you know that this is a dream? 

@dyslexicCnutMy answer in general would be try not to work it out logically, there is no way to work this out on a mind level because its above your mind, its more about acceptance and surrender, so it's not something you can really do. But anyway I'm sure you've heard all that stuff before, what I really want to do is recommend this guy Paul Hedderman, he really cuts through all the traditional, typical kind of spirituality you're probably used to hearing and for me listening to him, he just made so much sense. I'd also recommend mooji as well esp the guided invitations he does. Anyway here's the vid, but watch a few, he's got tons on YouTube - 

@Consept Thank you, I found the channel useful. In regards to using logic to derive spiritual truths there's a document written by Chris Langan (the supposed smartest person alive) that does manage to accurately denote truths of non-dual reality through logical derivatives. He doesn't talk about spirituality, but his document, the 'CTMU' (cognitive theoretical model of the universe) is an impressive bridge between rationalism and mysticism since he does ultimately equate his model to spiritual oneness on a purely logical basis. It's the main reason why I've even found my way here. Since the document is rife with complicated language I found myself looking up a multiple words per sentence at times, one of which being the word 'actualized'. Since then, I've seen just about all of Leo's video. 

On 9/3/2020 at 2:17 PM, Breakingthewall said:

Good luck with your trip! I recommend you to do, even it's a bad trip it's a huge teaching

@Breakingthewall Yeah that's so true, a couple months back I had a terribly planned, dreadful LSD trip where I was (almost literally) sent to 'hell', which I still regard as a resoundingly positive experience because of what I was shown. It was crazy. I plan to write a trip report, but I don't look forward to it because I know it'll take ages to describe everything I experienced (I like to be very precise).

@Some Fella Thank you for taking the time. If you've experienced benefits from meditation I'd say you're definitely more advanced in this work than I am. I just haven't been able to muster the willpower, or discipline to commit to a meditation routine. I'm seriously gonna get on that soon. The more people I hear speak well of it, the more motivation, so thanks again. I was worried that using apps like the Sam Harris one would compromise results, but if you say it's a good idea I'll check it out.

On 9/3/2020 at 2:44 AM, bejapuskas said:

@Member @dyslexicCnut  Please go back to the topic, nonduality wars like this are not allowed here.

@bejapuskas I don't mean to be rude, but if you regard my much warranted grievance towards pedantic nitpicking as forbidden conduct, I can only sit back and laugh at the outright absurdity that you've been allowed to moderate this forum. 

Please go back to umpiring little league sportsball. Definitely seems more your speed.