Red-White-Light

Spiritually Frustrated

65 posts in this topic

I have experimented with psychedelics in the past, and I have experienced these amazing mystical states and nirvanic realms.

I did experience a psychosis, and I thankfully recovered quickly from that paradigm lock. 

I don’t want to risk my mental health with psychedelics, but I am still very passionate about Truth. 

I have tried meditation but it gives me de-realisation. Literally whenever I stop meditating my de-realisation goes away. 

I feel quite lost spiritually. All other aspects of my life are actually going very well. 

34 minutes ago, Red-White-Light said:

I have experimented with psychedelics in the past, and I have experienced these amazing mystical states and nirvanic realms.

I did experience a psychosis, and I thankfully recovered quickly from that paradigm lock. 

I don’t want to risk my mental health with psychedelics, but I am still very passionate about Truth. 

I have tried meditation but it gives me de-realisation. Literally whenever I stop meditating my de-realisation goes away. 

I feel quite lost spiritually. All other aspects of my life are actually going very well. 

Can you explain what you mean you went through a psychosis?

Can you explain what you mean by de-realization?

Honestly what are you trying to find in these practices your doing? 

Your life sounds like its going very well, is that not enough?  Why not just live your life, who cares about so called better spiritual stuff?

@Mu_ I had an actual Psychosis and I was sectioned for a month in a mental health ward on meds. I was on meds for 3 months and was supposed to be on them for a year, but I came off them early and my symptoms haven’t come back a year off them. 

Derealisation is a condition where reality doesn’t feels dreamlike and unreal.

My life is good and I am grateful, however I don’t know how I’m going to further progress on the spiritual path without psychedelics.

58 minutes ago, Red-White-Light said:

Dont do anything, want anything, pursue anything. Stay in the darkness and silence. If you really want the truth. 

Edited by James123

"It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows."

1 hour ago, Red-White-Light said:

@Mu_ I had an actual Psychosis and I was sectioned for a month in a mental health ward on meds. I was on meds for 3 months and was supposed to be on them for a year, but I came off them early and my symptoms haven’t come back a year off them. 

Derealisation is a condition where reality doesn’t feels dreamlike and unreal.

My life is good and I am grateful, however I don’t know how I’m going to further progress on the spiritual path without psychedelics.

Well meditation will definitely create something other then your use to and I'd imagine it could be felt as dreamlike and unreal. 

But what do you want Truth for?

If lifes good, why look for anything else?

2 hours ago, Red-White-Light said:

I feel quite lost spiritually

This is not a bad place to be.

Truth is everywhere. You won't find it in a box.

5 hours ago, James123 said:

Dont do anything, want anything, pursue anything. Stay in the darkness and silence. If you really want the truth. 

Just meditated 10 minutes in darkness+silence after 2 months of not doing nothing. I saw it now. I am consciousness.

Thanks  

1 hour ago, Javfly33 said:

Just meditated 10 minutes in darkness+silence after 2 months of not doing nothing. I saw it now. I am consciousness.

Thanks  

? anytime brother. 

"It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows."

2 hours ago, Red-White-Light said:

@Mu_ I want to understand the deeper metaphysical structures of life. 

If you have serious issues with psychedelics and meditation makes you feel like things are unreal or dreamlike then it may not be great at this time.  Its a risk if you want to continue.  Deeper metaphysical structures wont feel like anything normal to the mind, unreal and dreamlike may strongly occur along this journey, reality will radically be questioned to such a degree that it may scare the shit out of you.  I'm just being real here.  If thats something you can understand will happen and if it does as you meditate, contemplate and have you world shift, then do it slowly and see how it goes.  But its really important you understand this journey isnt about keeping things "normal" or "real", the Truth can feel like you'v lost your mind at times or for long periods of times.

I know what you are, and you do deep deep down, but let me tell ya, if you have a good life, let it be, just enjoy it, not many can do that or have that option right in front of them..

@Red-White-Light

Not trying to be sarcastic, trying to understand where you’re coming from... I get that there are thoughts regarding derealization, like reality isn’t real, or I am not real. What regarding derealization transpires in terms of perception...seeing & hearing? What about sensations & feeling, how does derealization feel? 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@Nahm Derealisation is like the dream paradigm of consciousness. All appearances are recontextualised to be half dream and half reality. I’ve had it for so long now I don’t really know what reality was like before it, lol.

Edited by Red-White-Light

5 minutes ago, Red-White-Light said:

@Nahm Derealisation is like the dream paradigm of consciousness. All appearances are recontextualised to be half dream and half reality. I’ve had it for so long now I don’t really know what reality was like before it, lol.

I may have experienced something similar to what your going through at one point years ago.  It was screwy energetically and when I did a consistent yoga practice to become a yoga teacher, it shifted.  Maybe worth a try.  Start off gradual and build up to almost daily practice.  It may help your body and mind prepare and get use to the shifts happening and that may happen.

@Red-White-Light came your psychosis from psychedelica? Could it be that you were in fear as psychosis happened? 

Could be just a defense Mechanismen of your ego. If something get too overwhelmed the ego use derealization to cope with reality

Solve your fear and derealization goes away

Edited by OBEler

How is being "spiritually frustrated" not pseudoscience...?  ?