Rilles

What Are Some Good Things Trump Has Done?

52 posts in this topic

16 minutes ago, supremeyingyang said:

edit: yeah i made some stupid jokes before but it's something different to say that to someone who explains his pov, isn't it? How would you feel?

I just answered what was in the quote. I didn't even know he was a Trump supporter. Whether he identifies with my characterization of the common trump supporter is up to him.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

@Carl-Richard

okay if that is so it's fine. i just don't want a left right flamewar, which could have been come from such a comment (and might break out every moment and then I'm out here), i want to hear what he has to say

1 minute ago, supremeyingyang said:

@Carl-Richard

okay if that is so it's fine. i just don't want a left right flamewar, which could have been come from such a comment (and might break out every moment and then I'm out here)

It's inevitable and would only prove my point ;) . But yeah, I understand the sentiment.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

It seems to be the Case that Ken Wilber wrote a whole Book about the Meta-Subject for what Trump is good for. It's called: 'Trump and a Post-Truth World'!!

I've never read Wilber, heard in the Forum before from his Work but as I read the summary of the Book I was like damn, he came to some of the same conclusion as I. For example that the Progressive Types got to drop their dispair and elitism.. I guess that Wilber has more deep Analyses in the Book! I thought you guys may appreciate it. I think I'll read it along side with the Bolton Book

1 hour ago, supremeyingyang said:

It seems to be the Case that Ken Wilber wrote a whole Book about the Meta-Subject for what Trump is good for. It's called: 'Trump and a Post-Truth World'!!

I've never read Wilber, heard in the Forum before from his Work but as I read the summary of the Book I was like damn, he came to some of the same conclusion as I. For example that the Progressive Types got to drop their dispair and elitism.. I guess that Wilber has more deep Analyses in the Book! I thought you guys may appreciate it. I think I'll read it along side with the Bolton Book

Yeah, but hes looking at it from a meta-perspective, like, how does the bad lead to the good, a little bit like functionalism, which is an interesting topic by itself. 

Dont look at me! Look inside!

@Rilles

Yes. There is the saying that a in a good society old men plant tree which they will never see grow big. It means that you think long, that you start something new that takes decades to grow until it's enjoyable. You act meta, you don't react to shit. This World needs the Meta Perspective (Statistics, Analysis...). Really.

Most People react. If you react directly to the present like almost anyone, you are trapped in a loop like almost anyone.

Something happens => Reaction

I mean it's impossible to not react in certain cases, even doing nothing is a reaction but you can do something else. Namely something with better results.

Take Trump, US vs. China or Corona or whatever - people react to it. But what about the things that happened 5 Years ago that no one talks about any more, but that are still not solved? Climate Change, Refugees.... Or what about the non-event evergreens? Bad School, misconception of the financial System, Corruption and so on. Everyone is reacting to some Bullshit, nothing gets solved and then comes the next Bullshit. That's how it is and if you adapt to it, you'll understand the People better and gonna have a good time because you Action is Grounded.
Back to Trumps Policies: You gotta think ahead 5, 15 and 100 (!!!!!!!!) Years when you want to see the value or a policy. People have generally a short time preference, the attitude is: now I want it!! 15 Years is somewhat okay to a minority, but 100 Years in the future? Nearly everyone alive today would be dead. People are not really capeable yet to sacrifice today for a great tomorrow in 100 years.

So tell me why is the meta-perspective bad? I argue that the piece of the puzzle which is needed. Or do you just wanna hear random perspectives that are not really thought through to the end? No pun intented.

I end with a Wordplay:
For example the Antifa names means Antifachist Action, but really there is only Reaction to ignorant People with little Effect thus they should be callled Antifachist Reaction.

Edited by supremeyingyang

Trump has done hundreds of amazing things. . . but, if you hate/fear him and would like to continue to hate/fear him, then you won't research the good stuff, or want to hear it.

He is definitely an ass...we all know that... but he is pretty cool that he can go go go all day long, never drinks, all his kids love him, he can speak for hours and hours, has an amazing memory on just  hours of sleep a night,  for his whole life he has been that way, a rare genetic ability.

He has flipped the script and has fulfilled a necessary function for the world in development and change.  I wish that I could have voted for Yang or Buttegieg...my favorites... but for some reasons that I don't understand, Biden is the Dem Dude... so I say, Trump is the better choice of the 2

On 8/7/2020 at 2:14 PM, supremeyingyang said:

I try to summarize: So one Element why you vote for Trump is that there is a lack of Security which is filled by buying guns, but then the other side tries to forbid guns / NRA. At the same Time the Left is out there Demonstrating and co-creating this Opposition thus. Is that near of what you said? No trick here, I don't try to nail you down, I just want to understand that

It looks like you are understanding.

Most people have hot button issues in which they contemplate who to vote for.  This is not necessarily a hot button issue for me, but it is very important since it is the primary purpose of government to protect it's citizens. 

@Bodigger

Ok thank you.

My Opinion is that one party can't overthrough one side, ignore them and just rule forever. If you look at the Rhetorik is this what almost everyone thinks. There is no Respekt for the political Opponent.

Left and Right are loose Political Directions there the one side has a different psyche than the other and thus see different sides.

Also for those who think Conservatives are just backwards: We need the balance. We need a huge chunk of the Society to be traditional. Because to much Change and you cant preserve anything.

10 hours ago, supremeyingyang said:

@BodiggerAlso for those who think Conservatives are just backwards: We need the balance. We need a huge chunk of the Society to be traditional. Because to much Change and you cant preserve anything.

Why should i care if anything is preserved if i get better stuff in return? 

I think the real problem with change is getting the opposite results that you thought you would get and thus destabilizing everything. 

@Opo

24 minutes ago, Opo said:

Why should i care if anything is preserved if i get better stuff in return? 

You gave yourself one Answer:

24 minutes ago, Opo said:

I think the real problem with change is getting the opposite results that you thought you would get and thus destabilizing everything. 

Here are three more why change is so difficult:

1. Dependency. In Windows 10 is still stuff from Windows 3.0 (launched 1990), which they can't remove. That's just an operating System - think about how much more complex society is.
2. Game Theory. Say you change something radical in Society . 40% are cool with it, 60% not (even though it's objectively cool you claim). The 60% change Things again, but so that it gets even worse than if you changed nothing at all. We lose 20 Years of our lifes compared with than we let Things happen smoothly.
3. Hubris. Everyone ever thought that they figured it all out. Read History to see what happens 10, 50 or 200 Years after a radical change.

Edited by supremeyingyang

i think his salesman type character gave polotics a more modern style that sells to the general population. 

he allowed people to see that they cant give their human rights to anyone.