JayG84

Do we keep this fragment of Consciousness eternally?

8 posts in this topic

I was thinking about the term 'Old Soul' This morning, and I was wondering if the fragmented being that I am in human form is eternally 'my' work in progress? Like when 'I' die and consciousness comes back into another form, will it still have the potential to reach the same level of consciousness I have now, or does it start over from scratch? This would explain why some humans are more spiritually gifted than others, and how some have old souls, meaning in another life they possibly reached a higher state That they are destined to get back to and beyond? Or does it just melt back into the pool and randomly spawn as a fresh new being?

Edited by JayG84

You don't own consciousness. Consciousness owns you, or what you identify as you. What you really are is consciousness, but not consciousness as one can know it; not consciousness with any discernible qualities, because if it's discernible it is IN consciousness, not consciousness itself.

There may be such a thing, but if such a thing does exist it would be a relative mechanic in this world and not an absolute feature of reality

So, it wouldn't have to necessarily apply to some other reality. Maybe another universe exists where there is no such thing as "old souls" or past lives or whatever, assuming it exists in this one

But for your main question, I don't think you would keep a limited form of consciousness eternally, because that is eternal ignorance and suffering

Perhaps for a while you would retain certain information from past lives in your consciousness/soul, but I don't know if such a mechanism actually exists

"God is not a conclusion, it is a sudden revelation. When you see a rose it is not that you go through a logical solipsism, "This is a rose, and roses are beautiful, so this must be beautiful." The moment you see it, the head stops spinning thoughts. On the contrary, your heart starts beating faster. It is something totally different from the idea of truth." -Osho

Your consciousness keeps growing.

I don't think reincarnation is likely, though it can probably happen. It probably doesn't happen like it's usually said to.

Some are more gifted, because they were made that way and their choices led them to be that way. I don't know what happens before a person if born, but it can be known that a person will be born long before they are born. 

The coming of Jesus was predicted 100s of years in advance. This doesn't mean he had already been born and developed, but somehow he already was.

So your consciousness keeps growing. The afterlife will be very different to this one.

I was wondering if the fragmented being that I am in human form

You are not more in the human form than in flower form (or anything else in the direct experience).

What a dream, what a joke, love it   :x

Here's my 2 cents:

Any notion one has of space/time is just an artifact for our mind to process Infinity/eternal Now. So any notion of a SERIES of lifetimes is just an artifact you have in the mind. Time does not exist outside your mind. Just the eternal Now.

All possible experience exists in the Now. Your mind can take some of these and artificially superimpose sequence onto them and call them "lifetimes" and then use them.

In fact your entire life is just an artificially created series of memories of experience (an experience is a thought, sensation, perception or emotion).

Hope this helps in some way

thanks

:)