Eren Eeager

why do people still trust Trump?

11 posts in this topic

Trump made it to the finals, and he is competing with Biden. why on earth do people vote for trump?

I am the only thing stopping myself from receiving infinite Love form Myself. I am Infinite Love for god sake.

Survival -- of course.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura Republicans don't have a better candidate? and trump failed at many levels, how come people did not see through his shit?

I am the only thing stopping myself from receiving infinite Love form Myself. I am Infinite Love for god sake.

People are sick of politics and pretension. They mistrust what they can't begin to understand. Being a politician requires status, education and money and these things are usually deeply mistrusted by people who don't have those things. Trump is the only option other than that, even though he has money and status he knows how to present himself as the alternative to what has long been hated about politicians. The way he speaks gives people the feeling that they can relate and understand him.

People often mistakenly assume that the alternative to what they feel is untrustworthy = trustworthy.

:(

It's such an ironic thing that the inequality, especially education inequality in our country makes conditions ripe to elect a President with strong policies that worsen inequality. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

10 minutes ago, mandyjw said:

he knows how to present himself as the alternative to what has long been hated about politicians

yeah a conservative will be easily manipulated by the way he presents himself. confident, like he knows what he is doing and making big promises. But once you look for what he was doing in the last 3 years, you will find nothing but failure 

@Eren Eeager Because The Great Donald deserves only the best and nothing but the best!!xDxD

On a serious note, here's why - The problems that today's America faces are complex systemic issues that progressives haven't really evolved to understand and solve. Also, the issues were in the shadows where most people were denying them. In such a situation, it can get difficult to put your finger on them and really understand them. The Devil can do it's work in the shadows so to speak.

When you're faced with this, from Universal perspective, the most efficient way to make progress is for those issues to come out of the shadows into plain-view. Trump represents all of the shadows of today's America. He basically serves as a bearer of bad news for us all, that we have a lot of work to do and if we don't, shit could get pretty bad. His egocentrism and impulsivity is very attention-grabbing precisely for this reason - he represents our shadows.

The more we work on ourselves, the less we feed him with energy, the more likely we are to beat him.

"Do not pray for an easy life. Pray for the strength to endure a difficult one." - Bruce Lee

Biden summarizes trump failures 

Few people actually trust him anymore, but think 4 more years of the same clown show as better than the alternative currently presented.

A big part of the reason has to be a failure on the Democratic/progressive side.

• It’s hard to vote for the side that calls you sexist, racist, bigot for the smallest transgressions.
  • It’s hard to vote for the side with slogans like “believe ALL women”.
  • It’s hard to vote for a side that won’t talk about issues like immigration openly because of political correctness.

Now, these things might not be representative of everyone on the Democratic Party, but this is the image some people have of it. These things annoy people so they vote for Trump. 

Trump's persona appeals so deeply to a few key identity pin points of the American psyche that there's a large portion of the US population that would sooner die than admit Trump was wrong. Some things like:

• He's white (very important one)
  • He's a man
  • He's "macho" / "masculine" / a "winner" (at least, he portrays himself as such)
  • He's unbonded to "political correctness" (meaning he's free to say whatever racist and sexist nonsense that comes to his head)
  • He's from the corporate world (a lot of Americans see themselves as "temporarily embarrassed millionaires" who are just a year's work away from the big bucks)
  • He talks up nationalist rhetoric and downplays "playing nice" with the "globalist elites" (it doesn't matter that he's part of the global establishment himself and has undermined his country countless different times, Stage Blue just needs the aesthetics of nationalism to be on board with a demagogue)

All make him out to be the archetypal "winning American" in many voter's minds. It's what many Americans see themselves as, whether or not they actually live up to that reality. He's like a manifestation of the unhealthy shadow of the American collective conscious, but the utter disaster his presidency has been means that that consciousness is rapidly changing.

“All you need is Love” - John Lennon