Leo Gura

Christian Fascism & The Alt-Right

60 posts in this topic

More excellent work from Abby Martin and Chris Hedges.

Chris Hedges is brilliant.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

It's so odd to me how Trump doesn't have any sort of ideology and yet he has the following of a group that touts as a large part of their identity "family values." it's so plainly obvious to anyone who can see outside of their own needs that he is just out for himself. He is cartoonishly a shady NYC mafia business man. It's ironic how a large ethnic group that identifies itself largely with its religion ended up making a "deal with the devil" to hold onto power. Literally cartoonishly something out of the bible.

6 minutes ago, Lyubov said:

It's ironic how a large ethnic group that identifies itself largely with its religion ended up making a "deal with the devil" to hold onto power. Literally cartoonishly something out of the bible.

That's exactly what happens with ideology. People blindly follow the ideology without thinking about anything independent for themselves.

Ideology is how humans create flocking behavior.

Ideology cripples requisite variety and adaptability to changing environmental conditions.

@Lyubov I think that's Trumps biggest strength. He's ideologicallly not very clearly defined, I'm not sure if he's even capable of such a thing, and thus everyone right of center believes that Trump is "kind of on his site". I remember being on 4chan back in the day (Something im not very proud of restrospectively but hey) and although we we're a bunch of /pol/-radicals and trump never really expicitly said anything over the top racist or whatever, we always kind of believed that he somehow still "knew" and that he had a bigger plan. (The whole 5D-Chess thing)

Of course he doesnt, he's just a big doofus that doesnt know how he got there, how to get out of this horrible situation and most importantly doesn't know how to properly apply self-tanning cream.

Edited by DnoReally
xd

@DnoReally That's called a demagogue and his followers are called suckers.

I find it fascinating that people are able to read what someone like Trump writes or listen to what he says without perceiving the ideological authority he tries so hard to display. Maybe he wasn't always that way. I don't know because I don't care about the guy. But for 5 years or so, he's been on a very public verbal rampage, constantly beating the same drum.

1 hour ago, DnoReally said:

trump never really expicitly said anything over the top racist

I guess in some parts, people are raised not to see racism.

2 hours ago, Cykaaaa said:

Has the "christian right" become an influential regressive force in US politics? 

Lol

You need to follow the news more closely. Betsy De Vos is dismantling the education system.

@Leo Gura i checked some backgrounds of abby martin. So i checked wikipedia. It says, her channel gets fund from Telesur, which is funded by Venezuelan government, which is run by seamingly corrupt leadership. The link you shared here, is also from Telesur english, which is also run by venezuelan govt.

So don't you think it's problematic?  

3 hours ago, Annoynymous said:

@Leo Gura i checked some backgrounds of abby martin. So i checked wikipedia. It says, her channel gets fund from Telesur, which is funded by Venezuelan government, which is run by seamingly corrupt leadership. The link you shared here, is also from Telesur english, which is also run by venezuelan govt.

So don't you think it's problematic?  

It's not problematic as long as what she says is valid.

If only you had the same zeal and suspicion in questioning American corporate funding of news sources.

When your job is questioning the American Empire, yeah, your funding might come from outside the Empire.

@Leo Gura i have two questions -

1. How do you know what she says valid or not? I am not talking about facts, i am talking about the way she frames facts.

2. Do you believe that america is an empire? If yes, why? 

10 minutes ago, Annoynymous said:

@Leo Gura i have two questions -

1. How do you know what she says valid or not? I am not talking about facts, i am talking about the way she frames facts.

Every POV is partial, biased, relative, and incomplete.

But her POV happens to be a valuable one given the current state of American political depravity and ignorance.

2. Do you believe that america is an empire? If yes, why? 

That's largely a matter of semantics.

The more important point is that America is an arrogant, ignorant, selfish, greedy, hegemonic, exploitative, bully state.

The alt-right/blue worldview is the only worldview I'm 100% certain I could emulate with computers. Every other world-view is far too complex to emulate. If we ever invent humanoid, sentient robots, it will be blue stage/alt-right ones. Other stage ones will take several centuries to make. 

21 minutes ago, electroBeam said:

The alt-right/blue worldview is the only worldview I'm 100% certain I could emulate with computers. Every other world-view is far too complex to emulate. If we ever invent humanoid, sentient robots, it will be blue stage/alt-right ones. Other stage ones will take several centuries to make. 

You could also emulate Orange materialism and goal-orientedness though, it would take more machine-learning and computational power that way.

"Do not pray for an easy life. Pray for the strength to endure a difficult one." - Bruce Lee

12 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Every POV is partial, biased, relative, and incomplete.

But her POV happens to be a valuable one given the current state of American political depravity and ignorance.

That's largely a matter of semantics.

The more important point is that America is an arrogant, ignorant, selfish, greedy, hegemonic, exploitative, bully state.

@Leo Gura

i wonder what you would think of third world countries then. I mean to us who lives in underdeveloped/developing country, "american dream" feels like a real dream. In a sense, a lot of people here admires america.

Of course that is relative.

But again, if you call america bully state, i wonder what you would call third world countries if you lived there. I think it's far more worse.   

8 hours ago, Husseinisdoingfine said:

I stumbled upon this gem

it's very short

Good lord... Don't even know how to begin to approach this one.