Elton

Why The Ego Reaction?

12 posts in this topic

There was a fire in my building,  and I could do nothing to put it off even though I could do something I couldn't do it at the moment, even though the small fire was put out in time by others, there is this ego reaction now, sensations all over my body, why couldn't I be the hero?  This is why my ego is burning , isn't this strange??  

Instead of being grateful for being alive its fucking reacting...  

Stupidity. 

Yeah. The word "hero" shouldn't exist in your mind. It doesn't have a meaning. Be as direct as possible and question yourself, why you were not able to help. Probably because of fear. Fear paralyzed you and you didn't know how to behave. And this is natural. Fear paralyzes. Maybe this was the first time that something like this happened, so how could you be prepared for such a situation? If you want to be a "hero" then you need to learn to be one.  And actually you just got closer to become one^^ 

@ProblemSolving but thats okay the deeper issue is wanting to be the hero, see it doesn't matter who did the heroic act, whoever did it that great and the end that everybody is safe is the main thing but this ego wants either approval or wants prsise or is jealous of the real hero, I'm having a little bit of difficult time trying to accept this... But I will accept it, it may take time but I will.. I was going to write I will try to accept it but I remembered that thats victim language. 

6 hours ago, Elton said:

Stupidity. 

You can start by accepting the feeling and the reaction instead of rejecting, as long as this feeling exists inside you, that's proof that it's not stupid but just a reality, so there's nothing wrong with feeling that way 

you wanted to be a hero? Perfectly acceptable! 

I was been in a similar situation. There was a fire in a friend's store in which there were a few people. I just really saw a fire for the first time in my life. Until then the only "fire" was this in the kitchen and with this you can cook food :P 

At the time I saw the fire ,I ran away I was very afraid of getting trapped somewhere in the room  and being dead there.I didnt even try to help. I just stepped outside with the stairs. So I "left" all the others upstairs. Well, you know,its something very natural.

In these situations,we are in survival mode,every each kne of us must save himself/herself,unless there is a victim trapped somwhere and we have to help if he/she unable.

If you give praise to the person who put out the fire it would set your ego straight on the matter. If you get a chance shake the persons hand , it may  teach your ego to be more respectful.

Grab the bull by the horns

Edited by Beam

8 hours ago, Elton said:

There was a fire in my building,  and I could do nothing to put it off even though I could do something I couldn't do it at the moment, even though the small fire was put out in time by others, there is this ego reaction now, sensations all over my body, why couldn't I be the hero?  This is why my ego is burning , isn't this strange??  

Stupidity. 

Instead of thinking "I shouldn't think this" notice that the thought didn't come from an "I". The thought just bubbled up like air bubbles coming to the surface of the sea. Thoughts aren't good or bad and they don't make you good or bad... thoughts just are, just like everything else. Even the thoughts interpreting themselves as bad is just another phenomenon in nature. Rest as awareness and observe the phenomenon without judgement to recognize that you are not your thoughts, nor do you choose them or control them. Nothing is ever truly invalid, it's all part of the vast and small cycle of nature. Eventually, with enough observation desire for illusory labels such as "hero" will naturally fall away. Until then, accept these feeling without judgement or resistance and just watch. 

Edited by Emerald Wilkins

Enrollment now open for my Shadow Work Group Class! Limited spots available. 

Click here to learn more!

5 hours ago, Saarah said:

you wanted to be a hero? Perfectly acceptable! 

@ProblemSolvingi don't just want to be a wannabe. @Beam i did thank the people but that made me more reactive...

After some time after the incident I started hitting on girls on whats app,  now what was this???! 

Edited by Elton

your exhibiting all the traits of a human , your wise enough now to notice the ego for what it is a self serving part of ourselves

Don't question everything you do as if it was something weird. You know the answers. Hero is something that you learned from movies. Hitting on girls is something you learned especially from society and also from your very humble male gender. Every dude I know acts like a freakin idiot around girls. As if a normal relationship towards a woman isn't possible. It always has to be sexualized. And if that is not enough, the dude should play the alpha male always.  

I don't know. Be hero or don't be a hero. Hit on girls or don't hit on girls. I like to quote @Mal on a regular basis. He said that one has to do the things he needs to do until he decides not to do them anymore. It is a matter of decisions and not being in a fight with inner resistence.

@Elton There's good nature in you. But also there's Ego that want to survive. :D