Kross

LOL, God Is A Comedian

10 posts in this topic

When we laugh, we tend to be kinda selfless and in the present moment. 

I had this thought, that maybe God laughs at itself all the time. In addition to being infinitely intelligent, its also kind of an idiot. I mean look at all the lunacy it has created. Its a huge prank and I'm looking for the camera.

It is everything yet nothing, it's infinite but can limit itself, its all loving and a racist, its omniscient and Trump, and so on .......

Edited by Kross

@Kross Yes, those moments of complete letting go (outside of sleeping) are subconsciously sought after by all in one form or another - laughter, orgasms, nature, art, using substances, bunji jumping, etc. Things that allow us experience relief from the 'self' are by far most satisfying.

I too realized this during one of my very first awakening experiences.  I felt that I somehow got the “punchline” of reality, and I started laughing/crying histerically.  It was something to the degree of realizing that all this hustle and bustle we go through, and how seriously we take life running around trying to do this and that trying desperately to preserve these forms etc etc was all just to eventually realize that you never even existed, and it was all just God playing a giant prank on itself.  

It’s actually insanely hilarious when you clearly see it.

Edited by The Lucid Dreamer

3 hours ago, Kross said:

I had this thought, that maybe God laughs at itself all the time. In addition to being infinitely intelligent, its also kind of an idiot. I mean look at all the lunacy it has created. Its a huge prank and I'm looking for the camera.

It is everything yet nothing, it's infinite but can limit itself, its all loving and a racist, its omniscient and Trump, and so on .......

Amazing. You have managed to say in a few short sentences what just took me half a novel to get out of my system... HAH!

:D

Why so serious?

"I laugh when I think how I once sought paradise as a realm outside of the world of birth. It is right in the world of birth and death that the miraculous truth is revealed. But this is not the laughter of someone who suddenly acquires a great fortune; neither is it the laughter of one who has won a victory. It is, rather, the laughter of one who; after having painfully searched for something for a long time, finds it one morning in the pocket of his coat." -- Thich Nhat Hanh

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

45 minutes ago, VeganAwake said:

"I laugh when I think how I once sought paradise as a realm outside of the world of birth. It is right in the world of birth and death that the miraculous truth is revealed. But this is not the laughter of someone who suddenly acquires a great fortune; neither is it the laughter of one who has won a victory. It is, rather, the laughter of one who; after having painfully searched for something for a long time, finds it one morning in the pocket of his coat." -- Thich Nhat Hanh

YES, that was another component of this realization. It was like I’ve been searching around looking for this profound golden goodie my entire life that would finally satisfy my soul just to finally realize it was right in front of my face this whole time. Even more than that, I AM IT. 

2 hours ago, The Lucid Dreamer said:

I too realized this during one of my very first awakening experiences.  I felt that I somehow got the “punchline” of reality, and I started laughing/crying histerically.  It was something to the degree of realizing that all this hustle and bustle we go through, and how seriously we take life running around trying to do this and that trying desperately to preserve these forms etc etc was all just to eventually realize that you never even existed, and it was all just God playing a giant prank on itself.  

It’s actually insanely hilarious when you clearly see it.

I sort of realized this once on edibles... 

That quote "the great cosmic joke" made 100% sense.  unfortunately, I forgot the punchline and I'm back to pretending I am this person here typing this lmao.

5 hours ago, Kross said:

God is the best comedian around.

8 hours ago, The Lucid Dreamer said:

It was something to the degree of realizing that all this hustle and bustle we go through, and how seriously we take life running around trying to do this and that trying desperately to preserve these forms etc etc was all just to eventually realize that you never even existed, and it was all just God playing a giant prank on itself.  

I too, sometimes pause and look at people and realize how awkwardly and comically serious they are about regular stuff and especially matters related to themselves.