iceprincess

why are muslim countries poor and underdeveloped?

66 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, Fadl said:

Because, simply the KSA consists of many small tribes which create the state, and every tribe follow its leader (el Sheikh) and nobody but him, But the Saudi regime (Saud is one of these tribes by the way) had the ability to control all the other tribes (very long history) for like 90 years or sth, but now in a sudden comes MBS who wanna destroy this system and create a dictatorship/red state by eliminating the concept of AL Qapela (the tribe). 

The strong blue qualities these tribes have came from religion… but they stayed as tribes … they become tribes with a religion. 

It is a very weak summarization I know.. But you can always look it up on the internet.. and if you speak Arabic I can recommend you some material.  

Fair enough. I see now that I tend to do a bit too rough analysis of countries I'm not familiar with :). Is this way of organizing society found in other countries than the KSA in the middle east?

Edited by Carl-Richard

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

5 hours ago, Carl-Richard said:

Is this way of organizing society found in other countries than the KSA in the middle east?

yes, it is a bedouin thing.

The mess the middle-east is in is clearly a result of, mainly, anglo-american devilry. 

No, this grossly misunderstands the depth of the problem of their lack of development.

12 hours ago, roar said:

That's a bit shortsighted.  The US helped established their power in the first place.

"US intelligence helped Saddam's Ba`ath Party seize power for the first time in 1963. Evidence suggests that Saddam was on the CIA payroll as early as 1959, when he participated in a failed assassination attempt against Iraqi strongman Abd al-Karim Qassem. In the 1980s, the US and Britain backed Saddam in the war against Iran, giving Iraq arms, money, satellite intelligence, and even chemical & bio-weapon precursors. As many as 90 US military advisors supported Iraqi forces and helped pick targets for Iraqi air and missile attacks."

You contradict your own point with your own words.

As you quote above, prior to Saddam was someone as bad as or worse than Saddam.

So even if the CIA had no intervention at all in Iraq, the only person who would be capable of ruling and unifying Iraq would be a brutal strongman akin to Saddam or Qassem -- or worse.

That's because a stage Purple/Red society cannot be ruled by anything but a ruthless dictator. The CIA's meddling cannot change this. The CIA merely exploits the situation to favor America's survival agenda.

Saddam was not born a dictator. He became a dictator because he had to in order to survive in the environment he lived in. And the same would be true of anyone else who took his place. This is not a problem of one or two bad guys. This is a structural problem of the state of society.

So it is your view that is short-sighted.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@louhad Read the Spiral Dynamics books from my book list.

Spiral Wizardry is the term you're looking for.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

1 hour ago, louhad said:

@Leo Gura What would a tier 2 approach look like when it comes to helping a place like iraq develop healthily? 

One approach is to just leave it and let it develop on its own. If they ask for help, we’ll help them, otherwise leave them be. 

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie