Rasheed

From Leo’s blog about homeless perspective, I researched prostitutes perspective

175 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

How do you say such foolishness with a straight face?

Simple. I recognize that everyone is me.

If you have no confidence in yourself, you are twice defeated in the race of life. But with confidence you have won, even before you start.” -- Marcus Garvey

@Gesundheit So someone selling Rolex watches is not you?

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

7 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

@Gesundheit So someone selling Rolex watches is not you?

They're of the most deluded parts of me. Of the furthest from God.

Edited by Gesundheit

If you have no confidence in yourself, you are twice defeated in the race of life. But with confidence you have won, even before you start.” -- Marcus Garvey

@Gesundheit What about artists who are so passionate about their art that they'd rather go hungry than stop creating? Isn't that a pure expression of God?

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

6 minutes ago, Gesundheit said:

They're of the most deluded parts of me. Of the furthest from God.

Someone working at Walmart is more deluded.

But I'm sure you know that, since you're God ;)

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@mandyjw The closer you are to death, the closer you are to God.

@Gesundheit Hmm, guess I'll never know God then. I can never know that I'm dead. Can't even really know that I'm alive either. :S Maybe there is know God. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

@mandyjw Let's put it this way, people who are the most afraid of death are the furthest from God. Gathering money is one of the most obvious examples of fearing death.

1 hour ago, Gesundheit said:

@mandyjw Let's put it this way, people who are the most afraid of death are the furthest from God. Gathering money is one of the most obvious examples of fearing death.

How is that so?

Why are you glorifying death so much?

Edited by Hello from Russia

@Hello from Russia maybe it's more the fear of it that's the issue, the fear of losing who you *think* you are 

not fearing death doesn't mean you're actively wanting to die 

"Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it" -Rumi

16 minutes ago, Hello from Russia said:

How is that so?

Why are you glorifying death so much?

Since death is an illusion, fearing death is also an illusion. And trying to run away from an illusion is a deeper illusion. The less layers of illusion there are the closer you are to God. Embracing death brings us closer to God because it sheds one of those layers away.

Prostitutes provide an essential need for others, which would otherwise manifest in multiple problematic ways such as rape and theft and murder. In fact, they're doing a hard job since they take whatever comes to them. They don't differentiate between beautiful or ugly, rich or poor, famous or a bum, etc... They accept everyone. That's so Godlike.

On the other hand, a Rolex watches seller would not do business with you if you don't meet certain criteria. And their services aren't even necessary for your survival. In fact, they would also trick you and manipulate you using all sorts of ways to take your money. They would create advertisements to give you a false sense of insecurity about yourself for not buying their products so that you feel better about yourself if you buy them. They teach people on a subconscious level to take pride and that creates ego which creates most of our problems which then some prostitutes have to deal with.

7 minutes ago, Gesundheit said:

Prostitutes provide an essential need for others, which would otherwise manifest in multiple problematic ways such as rape and theft and murder.

Could you elaborate? Is that your own theory or someone else's? Got any data?

Pardon my morbid curiosity.

@Gesundheit you make good points

Also regarding green sex work...stuff like tantric sex work? would that be more "green"

I feel like green is very broad though 

Just because there could be underlying issues with a woman who does such work, doesn't mean doing sex work safely isn't green 

"Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it" -Rumi

27 minutes ago, Gesundheit said:

Prostitutes provide an essential need for others, which would otherwise manifest in multiple problematic ways such as rape and theft and murder. In fact, they're doing a hard job since they take whatever comes to them. They don't differentiate between beautiful or ugly, rich or poor, famous or a bum, etc... They accept everyone. That's so Godlike.

You can rape and murder a prostitute too though.

I doubt if Sex Work was legal women would have to accept everyone... I think there would be more choice involved, perhaps some women dont want to give an 70 year stranger a blowjob. Atleast I hope there would be more choice. 

Dont look at me! Look inside!

3 hours ago, Gesundheit said:

@mandyjw The closer you are to death, the closer you are to God.

How exactly can you be "closer" or "further" from God?

How can you get to somewhere else from here right now? Please tell me, I have no idea how that's done.

Everyone is waiting for eternity but the Shaman asks: "how about today?"

@commie It's my theory but I would be interested in any data whether supporting or opposing. If you have a bunch of people who aren't able to have sex for whatever reasons, the sex drive won't go away but rather will get distorted and turn into something else. It's energy after all. If you don't use it, it will still be there and then it will get accumulated and eventually manifest pathologically. Suppression leads to explosion. I believe even homosexuality is partially created by this.

Also, prostitution is the creation of society, yet it is one of the most judged and shamed creations. The ultimate hypocrisy. One way to look at it is as a side effect of the social structure. Since society values the best survivors the most, the least survivors will not be able to fit in. They are simply not accepted or appreciated for who they are. So they do what they can. Some of them don't know a lot so they become prostitutes or thiefs or criminals. Some others find these paths difficult so they commit suicide. And some others become mentally ill. And it's usually not even their problem. They're usually born in poor families and get poor upbringing if any. A lot of them are orphans so it's only logical that they won't know a lot. So they're the real victims here, and yet they're judged and blamed even more!

I hope that was elaborate enough. Would be glad to hear your feedback and/or perspective.

28 minutes ago, Rilles said:

You can rape and murder a prostitute too though.

The whole point of prostitution is that you wouldn't need to do that.

28 minutes ago, Rilles said:

I doubt if Sex Work was legal women would have to accept everyone... I think there would be more choice involved, perhaps some women dont want to give an 70 year stranger a blowjob. Atleast I hope there would be more choice. 

It's not just women. Male prostitutes are included.

And well, maybe blowing a 70 year old is not their favourite thing but that's their job. They gotta survive after all.

17 minutes ago, roopepa said:

How exactly can you be "closer" or "further" from God?

How can you get to somewhere else from here right now? Please tell me, I have no idea how that's done.

God is close to everyone equally, but not everyone is as close. It's very simple.

2 minutes ago, Gesundheit said:

If you have a bunch of people who aren't able to have sex for whatever reasons, the sex drive won't go away but rather will get distorted and turn into something else. It's energy after all. If you don't use it, it will still be there and then it will get accumulated and eventually manifest pathologically. Suppression leads to explosion. I believe even homosexuality is partially created by this.

I hope that was elaborate enough. Would be glad to hear your feedback and/or perspective.

It was elaborate but when you say "it's energy after all", it sounds like you expect that to make sense while that's what I think requires explanation (all I know is the Joules type of energy). I was hoping for something less abstract than "pathologically" and more lurid since you talked about murder.

My perspective is simply not to assume causes without evidence. It seems prostitution has become less common (or is it only less spoken of?) while murders have become less common as well but that doesn't mean there's any causal relationship there. More to the point perhaps, I'm perplexed by the notion that sex is an "essential need", except of course for the purpose of reproduction (which isn't what prostitutes provide).

4 minutes ago, Gesundheit said:

The whole point of prostitution is that you wouldn't need to do that.

How do you stop a man from being violent toward a prostitute? Maybe he likes it rough, maybe he likes to degrade women. 

It's not just women. Male prostitutes are included.

And well, maybe blowing a 70 year old is not their favourite thing but that's their job. They gotta survive after all.

Its a very psychologically tough job though, youre not flipping hamburgers here pal. There would need to be alot of regulations, even background checks on people buying sex I think would sometimes be necessary. 

Edited by Rilles

Dont look at me! Look inside!