Jennjenn

Leo locking threads today

29 posts in this topic

@-Tim-
Absolutely.

@Consept
See when you start bringing up history you are the one making a blame game out of it. In what way exactly is it going to help to demonize the cops who just do their work and protect themselves against the obviously more violent people, what got them there is irrelevant and fixing that should be YOUR and OUR priority, I see more willingness by the right to fix that currently then the left honestly the left is just good at demonizing and cancelling nowadays.

Speaking about left I mean cancel culture extremist left of course.

Edited by LaucherJunge

8 minutes ago, -Tim- said:

Your the closeminded one. No one ever said that. You are exactly part of this cancelculture. Trying to change words to make someone bigotted and thereby cancelling people and discussions. You really really can't see it. It's so easy to see. This is what I mean LacherJunge, even the most obvious is not seen anymore. Consept is probably for the rest a good guy.Thats what make this so creepy.

Its funny that you got offended by me saying some people think other races are inferior considering it wasnt aimed at you. But anyway i can ask you directly, do you think black peoples position in society is because of historical as well as socio economic factors? 

3 minutes ago, LaucherJunge said:

@-Tim-
Absolutely.

@Consept
See when you start bringing up history you are the one making a blame game out of it. In what way exactly is it going to help to demonize the cops who just do their work and protect themselves against the obviously more violent people, what got them there is irrelevant and fixing that should be YOUR and OUR priority, I see more willingness by the right to fix that currently then the left honestly the left is just good at demonizing and cancelling nowadays.

Speaking about left I mean cancel culture extremist left of course.

I would say it is important because if the underlying perspective is seeing lets say in this case, black people as inferior or genetically more violent or lazy, then i dont think that is a good perspective to come at when finding solutions for the problem. Its not a blame game, its looking at the actual causes for things and having the intention to solve the problems in an honest way.

On the conservative there can be a distinct lack of empathy, for example i dont think Sam Harris wants to genuinely solve problems in the muslim communities or Ben Shapiro is interested in solving the problems in the black community. Which then begs the questions why do they speak on this issues so frequently, if theyre that concerned why dont they volunteer or whatever. The only solution the right has is to vote republican, which is to say go back to some golden era, which i dont agree is even a viable option, or that it was a golden era for anyone else but the majority.  

Any extremism is obviously not good, but i would encourage you to watch that vaush vid i just posted he breaks it down quite well  

@Consept
Right, go on picking up isolated examples that serve your ideology.
If you wanna go down that rabbit hole then go all the way, it's going to get pretty complicated at some point because you can go down there infinitely.
Cause and effect are infinite. Focus on the present and fix the present by the underlying present cause, not by a historic fossile that you dig up which is absolutely irrelevant to todays standards. Maybe you should become a professor teaching history and live out this ideology that way, but please keep out of important decisions that impact the present world.
You are the one living in the past, there is no way to go back to a golden era, but there are ways to bring the best aspects of that era as a solution for the current problems and you don't even need to go down an infinite rabbit hole for that.
Let me ask you a question, when you are looking back at the past going down that rabbit hole why do you stop looking back at the point black people were enslaved for example? Because it serves your ideology.

Edited by LaucherJunge

19 minutes ago, LaucherJunge said:

Let me ask you a question, when you are looking back at the past going down that rabbit hole why do you stop looking back at the point black people were enslaved for example? Because it serves your ideology

Well if we're talking specifically about the things that trouble black people today, part of it can be traced back to slavery, keep in mind im not saying its all slavery or anything that came after, what im saying is that its a factor, as well as a negative mindset is a factor or personal responsibility is a factor. My problem is more that history is left out of the equation a lot of the time. The reason why i stop at slavery is because it wouldnt do much to talk about the roman empire, also keep in mind reparations were paid to slave owners in the UK when it was abolished in 1833 which only finished repayments in 2015, so its something that has been very impactful in keeping significant inequality not just to black people but the rich people getting significantly richer than poor people in general, specifically because of slavery. Thats just one example, but to an extent youre right we have to talk about how these problems can be solved today which is a very complicated issue, my whole point is that i dont believe people like Ben Shapiro have the best interests of black people at heart. It is something that would require good genuine intentions and empathy and i dont really see that coming from the right, i maybe wrong of course, but it seems like its more a case of pushing conservative values and getting people to vote republican. 

I would ask you as well, if the issues arent socio-economic and historical, where do they come from? 

8 hours ago, Jennjenn said:

I would like to understand why are so many people feeding culture wars in a spiritual forum? I doesn’t make sense to me...

We are supposed to be understanding that we are all one, yet this forum is full of ethnocentric people with superiority complex and a victim blaming mentality. In an spiritual forum? Really? I don’t understand. 

I came here to fight exactly that part of my ego. To become aware of my own internalized biases, like racism and misogyny, and you guys are not helping lol. 

But this trend is everywhere. I see it everywhere. People all of a sudden are believing conspiracy theories and becoming Trump supporters. Why tho? Is it that life is too scary right now and he’s the only one telling you that it is all a hoax and just keep living your life like nothing is going on?
Someone please explain this to me. 

Avoid demonising and denigrating them and instead embrace them. A forum full of spiritual thinkers is no less deluded than one with right wing preachers. It’s matter of development. Some need to pass through delusional beliefs in order to surpass them. Allow these people to do so at their own pace.

There is endless amounts of delusions and ego in right wing ideologies, however, they are equally needed in order to progress a conducive and inclusive discourse. You cannot have one sided coin. As much it concerns me too I believe it is far more important to see how people can be developed rather than scrutinised.

I recommend looking at where delusion lies in less obvious places. That being spirituality itself. Work to see it in places, then assist those in need of moving beyond it.

Edited by Jacobsrw

@Consept  good luck. You are so full of Consepts so full of dogma you can't connect to reality anymore. The oiltanker cannot be easily changed from it course. It has some frightening to me. But I am very sure I will not debate you. It is of no use.

@Consept The nuance of your arguments is flying over their heads, I would probably give up on this futile task. No offence to you guys @-Tim- @LaucherJunge but as the Chinese say "Its like a chicken talking to a duck". 

Dont look at me! Look inside!

Just distraction.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.