ivankiss

Hilarity

21 posts in this topic

I am trying to define hilarity.

Now that is hilarious ?

Help me out, would ya?

What would you say hilarity is?

Where does it begin and when does it end?

What is laughter? Why is God funny? ?

Laughter is laughter, hilarity is hilarity. Does it need to be other than it is? 

Trump is Hillary.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

Expression of love and joy maybe.  :)

Edited by fridjonk

6 minutes ago, ivankiss said:

@traveler Are you saying it's limited?

@Carl-Richard ?

No, I'm saying that it is what it is, unlimited, unknowable, just laughter. There is no reality to it other than the appearance of it, it has no deeper meaning. Knowing what it is, is saying that it is limited ;) 

The separation in the dream of me, is what makes what I'm saying unfathomable, but it actually is as simple as everything.

Edited by traveler

@fridjonk That sounds true. But I'd also say, loosely, that it's an ability to see things from a certain angle ?

@traveler I don't know what it is. But I wanna.

And that's hilarious ?

Just now, ivankiss said:

@fridjonk 

@traveler I don't know what it is. But I wanna.

And that's hilarious ?

It is ? The answer to the question "what is laughter" is laughter. Lmao! 

Just now, ivankiss said:

@traveler Holy shit.

The question is the answer.

?

Lmaaooo, no separation buddy!! 

I was going to say it's hysterical. So I decided to look up for root word for hysterical and it comes from the Greek word “uterus,” hystera. That's where you think you came from. Hysterical. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

4 minutes ago, ivankiss said:

@mandyjw Interesting. I don't get it. 

You think you were born. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

@ivankiss  Your Mom.

Hilarity is a reaction to the absurdity of life. Seeing something as absurd is akin to not taking it seriously.

You won't find something hilarious if it is closely tied to your identity, because you wouldn't find your identity absurd or hilarious. But someone looking at it from a different perspective might.

Example: You trip and fall and someone laughs at you. Not funny to you but funny to them. Or you could find it funny if you're able to look at it from a more detached and holistic perspective.

This is what I came up with after thinking about it for a bit

"God is not a conclusion, it is a sudden revelation. When you see a rose it is not that you go through a logical solipsism, "This is a rose, and roses are beautiful, so this must be beautiful." The moment you see it, the head stops spinning thoughts. On the contrary, your heart starts beating faster. It is something totally different from the idea of truth." -Osho