Raptorsin7

Why Do Some Get It? But Others Dont?

65 posts in this topic

28 minutes ago, dimitri said:

Definitely a good start. 

I'd be more concrete in what I want on the dreamboard. I'd start small. Small in a sense of the wants for which I don't hold much of resistance. When I see this manifests I would grow, no end of grows:

It's not about writing, it's about feeling. That's why why is useful, describe why you want it, so you can feel it in your bones, then forget about it. It's done, just let go. ?

15 points from traffic saviour whom I love so much. (matt kahn 'man'?!) Oh yes. Wanna go and have some drink with me @cetus? Smoothies and juices all fine too. I am wine guy hope that doesn't bother you but not drunk because of it. 

Edited by zeroISinfinity

@Raptorsin7 Actually, amongst all the people that are telling you how to get it, you're the one who truly gets it and all of them are deluded and their advice will only drive you back into delusion. You've stated your truth, and that's exactly what reality is. No more, no less.

If you have no confidence in yourself, you are twice defeated in the race of life. But with confidence you have won, even before you start.” -- Marcus Garvey

Deluded or Truth is that good? 

Truth is God what is to be expected? 

@Raptorsin7 I often feel in a similar bind as you. I keep plodding on and there are breakthroughs often enough to keep me going. I hope this post helps.

People have different learning styles and respond better or worse to different sensory inputs. Google VARK learning styles if you want to go deeper on this, but bascially the acronym VARK stands for Visual, Aural, Read/write, and Kinesthetic sensory modalities that are used for learning information.

Simply put, some people can learn easily from reading a book, or some will struggle and learn 'it' much slower, others need to hear 'it', or some get 'it' with a diagram or illustration or metaphor, finally some must do 'it' to understand it, or even do 'it' on mind altering substances to get 'it'.

As an example, if 'it' is directions we are talking about, some will be fine with a verbal instruction, some will prefer a written address, some will need a map, some will want google maps with directions on foot, bike or car, or some will prefer being taken there by someone who knows first. We are all a different combination of these with innate preferences to these 4 modes of learning. Some folk rely on one, most 2 or 3 if i recall correctly and it depends on the context as well.

I often have a little breakthrough after watching a video, that gels with something I heard on an audiobook or podcast, then googled and read more and experimented with it in actuality, or any combination of these........... and wala, suddenly I 'get it'. But it doesn't come to me from one modality of learning usually, and often needs all 4 and in many different ways.

I'm stating the obvious in some ways, but worth pondering. Keep on the path.

10 minutes ago, Reincarnated Cat said:

@Raptorsin7 I often feel in a similar bind as you. I keep plodding on and there are breakthroughs often enough to keep me going. I hope this post helps.

People have different learning styles and respond better or worse to different sensory inputs. Google VARK learning styles if you want to go deeper on this, but bascially the acronym VARK stands for Visual, Aural, Read/write, and Kinesthetic sensory modalities that are used for learning information.

Simply put, some people can learn easily from reading a book, or some will struggle and learn 'it' much slower, others need to hear 'it', or some get 'it' with a diagram or illustration or metaphor, finally some must do 'it' to understand it, or even do 'it' on mind altering substances to get 'it'.

As an example, if 'it' is directions we are talking about, some will be fine with a verbal instruction, some will prefer a written address, some will need a map, some will want google maps with directions on foot, bike or car, or some will prefer being taken there by someone who knows first. We are all a different combination of these with innate preferences to these 4 modes of learning. Some folk rely on one, most 2 or 3 if i recall correctly and it depends on the context as well.

I often have a little breakthrough after watching a video, that gels with something I heard on an audiobook or podcast, then googled and read more and experimented with it in actuality, or any combination of these........... and wala, suddenly I 'get it'. But it doesn't come to me from one modality of learning usually, and often needs all 4 and in many different ways.

I'm stating the obvious in some ways, but worth pondering. Keep on the path.

Don't overlook the fact that this is about unlearning.

Alternative Rock Music and Spirituality on YouTube: The Buddha Visions